*Author

Tea is good

Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg67921#msg67921
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 01:07:58 am »
I really hope this gets made into a card. I would switch to an upped-mono darkness in an instant. Rainbow is getting boring and this just rounds out darkness.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg68031#msg68031
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 10:10:28 am »
Half-serious suggestion:  Change the Upgraded card to Soul Mate with the Deja Vu ability.   ;)
XD That's an amazing idea, if not completely cheesy and hilarious.  :P :)) :D

This card seems to be balanced ONLY because of the fact that there are a lot of things you have to consider. Unupped, it's nice to have an immortalized creature with Eclipse activated (dealing 2 damage a turn). Upgraded, even with its ability to consume things to get stronger, I would suspect that with an Eclipse out (to eat X|1 critters), skeletons are automatically removed from this equation, since they're also buffed by Eclipse/Nightfall.

Which still leaves Sparks or Photons as the best options for Lost Soul fodder. A smart idea to keep this immortal/untargetable. Decay is a pain an annoyance to fight against, and having Fractal on these guys would make me want to gag every time I faced a Mono-:darkness with these guys.

The art is cute, but it seems slightly... rushed?

Great card nonetheless.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg72348#msg72348
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:55 pm »
even with skeles and nightfall/eclipse i cant eat them?!
it should either be 1/2 upd or 0/2 so it was eat skeles :l
other than that - not bad, interesting card :)

Offline tallguy2241

• Reputation Power: 3
  • tallguy2241 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hello Darkness my old friend
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg73287#msg73287
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:35 am »
This is another card I thought ridiculous at first, but after reading the comments here, I kind of like it.
I would definitely keep the devour costing dark, not gravity...this should be a card for mono-dark.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg74027#msg74027
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:41 pm »
I like this idea very much, scarabs would have a new friend ;P

Definitely, the ability should cost :darkness, it's eating souls, not literally devouring creatures.
Also, the unupgraded one should have 1 attack, because unupgraded you would play it with nightfall rather than eclipse so it needs some base attack to be useful at all.
Still even if it was 1/1 unupgraded and 0/1 upgraded, people would prefer the upgraded version because of devour, so both would be useful.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg210503#msg210503
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 03:36:01 am »
well i can definitely see it going into a death/darkness deck.  add some aflatoxin fodder, probably skeleton, and create a cell horde asap, and eat em up, playing more Lost Soul | Soul Eater as you make space by eating.  then just start eating the opponents creatures when you feel the need ^^.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg210511#msg210511
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 03:54:34 am »
well i can definitely see it going into a death/darkness deck.  add some aflatoxin fodder, probably skeleton, and create a cell horde asap, and eat em up, playing more Lost Soul | Soul Eater as you make space by eating.  then just start eating the opponents creatures when you feel the need ^^.
You do realize both cells, skellies, and this card have the same HP, right? which means the only card it can eat are sparks :P
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Ant-n-ero

Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg210701#msg210701
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 10:39:55 am »
which is why you need to have an Eclipse or something to buff this card before you begin nomming :L

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg210711#msg210711
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:37 am »
which is why you need to have an Eclipse or something to buff this card before you begin nomming :L
Touche. I always forget about Eclipse.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg210725#msg210725
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 11:33:48 am »
Eating soul eh? How about just make a smaller HP creature to have 0 attack, that would match the theme of soul-eating, consuming :darkness quanta. A bit more complicated, but workable I think.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg212650#msg212650
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 06:04:27 pm »
I like this! I would play it in my duo farming deck - eclipse + this is just VERY good.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lost Soul | Soul Eater https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5245.msg213524#msg213524
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2010, 11:25:25 am »
This also might mean a mutant Lost Soul comes into play with an ability and immortality..  :)
I doubt it. Mutant Phase Dragons is not immaterial when having another ability.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

anything
blarg: