*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Life Adept | Life Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23124.msg317244#msg317244
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 10:07:22 pm »
Considering that this crature has only 1 attack and 5 defence, putting adrenaline aside since it can get lobo'd;
it is still relatively weak compared to archangel which has 7/7 and can mend 5 hps on a single creature.
I'd say this card is essentially the opposite of Archangel.
having weak attack but good range of healing, while Archangel has mid-high attack  and limited healing range.
However, this costs 5 while archangel costs 6.

So in terms of overall balance between cost and ability values, Archangel actually overshadows this.

Archangel: 6 cost for 7/7 stats + singular healing of 5hp for 1 :light.
 total stats-heal and cost calculation ratio  14: 2.8/2:7 = 14:1.4: 7

Life Sage: 5 cost for 1/5 stats + all range healing of 3hp for 2 :life. total stats-heal and cost calculation ratio
 6: 2: 7

conclusion:

Archangel has 14 stat points and average healing potential of 1.4 (2.8 divided by 2 because of singular target healing) for an average ratio cost of 7

while Life sage has 6 stat points and average healing potential of 2.0 (not divided because of all range healing) for an average cost range of 7

So essentially, Archangel greatly overshadows this for basically the same price ratio.

Therefore, this card should either remain as it is or lower its cost by one. having adrenaline is fine because it has a chance to counter itself (fire shield, carapace) and it can get lobo'd.

formula used:

Archangel : sum of attack and hp : (sum of atk and hp / total hp heal) / 2 : sum of card cost and ability cost

Life sage:  sum of attack and hp : sum of atk and hp / total hp heal : sum of card cost and ability cost
1) hp is not worth as much as Atk.
So
Archangel: 7[7atk] +1[7hp] +0[activation cost 1] +X[heal target creature 5] -2[upgrade]
Life Sage: 4[1 adrenal attack] +0[5hp] -1[activation cost 2] +Y[heal target side 4hp each] -1[upgrade]
(6+X)=(2+Y)+1[casting costs 1 less than archangel]
Assuming X is 2, Y would need to be worth 5.

Life Sage heals N creatures 4hp each for 4N per turn. For Life Sage to be balanced against Archangel 4N/5=5/2 or N=25/8 or about 3 creatures.
Is it fair to assume on average 3 creatures or more? I would say yes and thus Life Sage is balanced.
yellow text in my quote above: Im supporting the card OT...
He understands that Flayne, he's just explaining why he think that it is balanced.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Life Adept | Life Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23124.msg317253#msg317253
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 10:21:32 pm »
I understood and was just showing my calculations to add support. (your calculations were a little opaque otherwise I would have left them to do all the talking)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Flayne

Re: Life Adept | Life Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23124.msg317258#msg317258
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »
I understood and was just showing my calculations to add support. (your calculations were a little opaque otherwise I would have left them to do all the talking)
Oh, sorry i misunderstood, i thought that you thought that i said that it was
unbalanced  ^_^;
to be honest i was fascinated by your method of calculation and thought i'd give it a shot.

blarg: