*Author

Offline BlacksmithTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1134261#msg1134261
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:40 am »
If i put quint and SOW on this and equip a mirror shield, will it deal double damage to the opponent?
I suppose so. But if you put antimatter both get healed.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1134262#msg1134262
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 08:27:39 am »
The mechanic is very interesting, and it fits well in fire. However the theme, imo, does not. Fire is not about balance, it's about power and passion and glass cannons and inbalance. The theme fits the mechanic though, so you could just move it to water (or potentially light, or earth, or gravity, which are all about stability) which, as the opposite of fire, is about balance, and keep both theme and mechanic. However, if kept in fire, I would suggest that you change the name to something like "Knight of Passion/Power" or "Berserker" which, thematically, fits better in Fire. But, as I said, the mechanic does really well in fire and it's interesting - especially with all the combos it would produce to get around the double-edged sword of this nature, so great work :)
Beware the Darkness.

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199514#msg1199514
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT

This card will not be permitted to the Crucible due to one ore more of the following errors:

• Card cost doesn't match with the value listed in the table (just 3 implies any quanta can be used, like AW or Luciferace)

Correct these errors as soon as possible and feel free to submit it again when ready.

Thank you.

- ADSB

(And again, card titles are typically all capitalized words)
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline BlacksmithTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199517#msg1199517
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT

This card will not be permitted to the Crucible due to one ore more of the following errors:

• Card cost doesn't match with the value listed in the table (just 3 implies any quanta can be used, like AW or Luciferace)

Correct these errors as soon as possible and feel free to submit it again when ready.

Thank you.

- ADSB

(And again, card titles are typically all capitalized words)
And fixed.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199530#msg1199530
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:32 pm »
To buff or not to buff. To compensate with the drawback, you should also play healing, poison, or vampire mechanic. Though maybe the drawback can be negated with Liquid Shadow. Being said, I think this card is bad in a mono :fire deck.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199764#msg1199764
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »
Why would I use this?

I'd need healing to use this card at all. Sure, there is a low quanta cost for this card and there are high stats, but this creature deals damage to me every time it attacks, and in an element such as fire where there is no healing, that really is a hindrance to my well being. I'd need to run 6x Sanctuaries just to use 4x EquiKnights. So, why would I use this card? At all?

Edit: Especially that upgraded version. I have Minor Phoenix and Micro Abomination as substitutes that I could use instead of this card.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199776#msg1199776
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 06:35:05 pm »
Maybe you would not use this card but I most certainly would. Yes, you can combo it with healing and maybe with shields but consider also the fact that a fire rush plans to win as quickly as possible. In the vast majority of situations, it doesn't care what its own health is. A 6|6 for 3|2 is highly efficient and opens the deck up to running rage potion for even greater efficiency. A few phoenixes or dragons ontop or even just firebolts should be enough to make sure your opponent dies first.

There is, however, one problem with this card and that is that it enables draws, something EtG has never had before and may or may not know how to cope with.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199777#msg1199777
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 06:41:43 pm »
EtG can have "draws" with UG+Reflective+Voodoo or similar. I am not sure exactly what happens, but it's nothing new. It will basically depend on how the ability is coded, but one of the player has to die first (and judgind by card text, it should be opponent, since it implies the self-damage is right after the actual attack).
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1199792#msg1199792
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 08:04:54 pm »
Let us consider the Rush usage of this card for a moment.

Theoretically I can out damage my opponent in the early game at the cost of being out damaged in the mid game. This is the whole concept of a rusk strategy. During this portion where I am out damaging my opponent, I don't care about damage I sustain so long as my opponent is damaged more on average. So my rush tools include short term out damaging effects and ways to move the goal closer at the cost of my own hp. To put this in more concrete terms:

Ball Lightning + Cremation + Knight(2 :fire) + Lava Destroyer(5 :fire + Earth Mark)
That is 4 cards(and my mark) to deal 85 damage in the first 5 turns while I suffer 30 damage from myself and whatever my opponent can muster in the first 5 turns. If I can deal 15 damage in 7 cards faster than my opponent can deal 70 damage in 11 cards then I win.

In the oversimplified unrealistic case where I got 2 Knights and 2 Lava Destroyers(plus :earth) on the first turn and nothing else all game:
I would deal 80 damage in 3 turns and 108 damage in 4 turns all while suffering 36-48 damage + whatever my opponent can muster in the first 3-4 turns. While this second example is unrealistic(Drawing 4 pairs) it does highlight just how fast the strategy will rip thorough both life totals.

So the "low cost, high attack, also damages controller" card is a very good fit for Fire and for rush decks provided the balance(see 15 in 7 vs 70 in 11 example above) is appropriately tweaked.

However I think the comparison to Minor Phoenix 4 :fire|2 :fire is enough to show that this card is currently underpowered.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:14:01 pm by OldTrees »
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Knight of equilibrium l Knight of equilibrium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54348.msg1200231#msg1200231
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 01:11:40 am »
It also has fairly high health for a fire creature.
yeah, weird to see such a high health fire creature.

i do like the rush style of Knight of equilibrium
even if it means sacrificing yourself.

anything
blarg: