*Author

Offline mildlyfrightenedboyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496563#msg496563
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:20 am »
NAME:
Gravity
COST:
3 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 10
TEXT:
1 : Karma
The target creature gains +0/+1 if allied or +0/-1 if enemy along with "0 : Karma".
NAME:
Gravity
COST:
2 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 13
TEXT:
1 : Karma
The target creature gains +0/+1 if allied or +0/-1 if enemy along with "0 : Karma".

ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1096878
IDEA:
MildlyFrightenedBoy
NOTES:
What goes around, comes around.

Basically, it works like this: the creature starts with the skill "1 : Karma".  It costs 1 random quanta for the original creature to use, but it costs nothing afterwards.

Whenever the ability is used, the creature that uses Karma will lose the ability, and the targeted creature will gain it.

When Karma targets an enemy creature, the target loses 1 HP.
When Karma targets an allied creature, the target gains 1 HP.

The ability will be passed around the field, dealing damage and healing creatures each turn.  Karma will lobotomize targeted creatures.  Usually, it will be passed around to heal, but it can be used to finish off an enemy creature (removing Karma from the field) or for other strategic purposes.

If you are cruel (target an enemy creature and deal damage), remember that Karma will be against you, and it may eventually come back for revenge (deal damage to one of your creatures).  If you are kind, however (you heal an allied creature), kindness will repay you (the targeted creature can heal another creature).

I changed my profile picture to correspond with the card.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:48:02 am by mildlyfrightenedboy »
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496566#msg496566
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:39:55 am »
It's showing up as a Permanent.  You might want to change that.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496571#msg496571
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:44:02 am »
Cool idea. Also, there's no change for the upgraded in the card image.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496573#msg496573
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:45:22 am »
It's showing up as a Permanent.  You might want to change that.

It originally was a creature, but I changed it to a permanent... but I think that it would be better as a spell, now...
For now, just ignore what type it is.  It will either be:

A creature with 0 | 10 or something (probably with a 1 :gravity cost increase)
A spell that gives Karma to a creature
A permanent with Karma at a high cost, but the ability to use it more than once (with a cost increase)

Cool idea. Also, there's no change for the upgraded in the card image.

I had used the template that I was brainstorming a 7-cost card on, but I forgot to change that originally.  I'll get on that.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

• The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496577#msg496577
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:49:38 am »
OK, everything should be fixed.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496580#msg496580
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:39 am »
So, cheap lobotomize that may come around to bite you?  I'd consider raising the ability cost to 2~3 at least if you're keeping it in an Other cost.

• The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496581#msg496581
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:56:06 am »
So, cheap lobotomize that may come around to bite you?  I'd consider raising the ability cost to 2~3 at least if you're keeping it in an Other cost.

Well, :gravity is one of the elements that is the most resistant to damage and has the lowest dependency on creature abilities, so the lobotomize and offensive Karma shouldn't be much of a problem.

As for the cost, Gravity already has Black Hole / Gravity Nymph, so I don't think it needs much more strength in controlling the opponent's quanta like a high-cost ability forced in.  Spending 3 quanta every time that Karma is passed to the opponent would set back a mono deck pretty far, and quanta control wasn't the focal point that I had in mind when creating the card.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:58:29 am by mildlyfrightenedboy »

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496585#msg496585
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 03:00:11 am »
I meant the initial Karma.  The subsequent Karma abilities costs can remain 0.

• The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496588#msg496588
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 03:03:50 am »
I meant the initial Karma.  The subsequent Karma abilities costs can remain 0.

I don't see why it has to cost that much more on the first turn than it does later...

The effect doesn't change after the first use.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496590#msg496590
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 03:06:04 am »
Well, I was seeing it as needing more energy [quanta] to start off such a chain reaction.  I don't know.  Anyways, is there a reason the initial has an Other cost for the ability?

• The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496592#msg496592
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 03:07:36 am »
Well, I was seeing it as needing more energy [quanta] to start off such a chain reaction.  I don't know.  Anyways, is there a reason the initial has an Other cost for the ability?

You won't be using just one at a time, so, if you play Karma and the enemy immediately lobotomizes it with a previous Karma, you won't lose the full cost of the card.

Offline preimage

• Reputation Power: 1
  • preimage is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Karma | Karma https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40021.msg496788#msg496788
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »
I changed my profile picture to correspond with the card.
LoL

anything
blarg: