*Author

Offline thanata

• Reputation Power: 1
  • thanata is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Kagero | Kagero https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30655.msg452884#msg452884
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 04:54:55 am »
Just curious: How will it work with Skull Shield? 40%+12.5%? or the two calculations happen separately?
If flown, hmm, the chance to break happens when it attacks, whether flown or not, and poison also damages when attacking, so I'd say they occur separately.
Hmm...that would call for veeeery complicated calculations...I like the mechanic - it's just that the mathematics of balancing's a bit too complicated to me.

Apart from that, I like the card name too. I'm Japanese, and as far as I know, "kagerou" or "蜉蝣" refers to the adult form of an antlion. Kagerou only live for 18 hours, I heard...hence they're often used as metaphors for something short lived or untouchable.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Kagero | Kagero https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30655.msg452889#msg452889
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 05:01:38 am »
Just curious: How will it work with Skull Shield? 40%+12.5%? or the two calculations happen separately?
One would happen first and if it survived the other would happen.
Chance of complete survival = (100%-40%) x (100%-12.5%)

Source: Phoenix vs Skull Shield
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: