*Author

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188248#msg188248
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 07:43:57 am »
Else this card would just outright deny any fractal decks from working at all once this card is out.

In my opinion, that's the brighter side ;D since fractal makes lots of people say "this card is OP with fractal"... I mean, it'd be ONE CARD that totally denies fractal, is there any other??

But I guess pillars/towers/pendulums should be out of the effect, like if you play 2 aether pillars, you won't have a :aether :aether increased cost because of that two cards... Else it'd be truely OP

home_wreckaz

Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188257#msg188257
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 08:16:19 am »
Else this card would just outright deny any fractal decks from working at all once this card is out.

In my opinion, that's the brighter side ;D since fractal makes lots of people say "this card is OP with fractal"... I mean, it'd be ONE CARD that totally denies fractal, is there any other??

But I guess pillars/towers/pendulums should be out of the effect, like if you play 2 aether pillars, you won't have a :aether :aether increased cost because of that two cards... Else it'd be truely OP
If you read which effect I canceled out, you would understand what I mean when I said truly OP.

If it went by creatures of that element in play, the moment somebody played RoL in an RoL/hope deck(those without light pillars), they are practically unable to play light cards without waiting two turns as the cost of any light card would be over the amount that their RoL is generating, doesn't make much sense to me. Going by creatures played on that turn still allowed them to play cards as long as their quantum can support the cost for each card they play.

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Aethemera, aether et lux
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188273#msg188273
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 09:02:15 am »
I think it can be cheaper by one or two.
Ignotum venit retro vivere. :aether :light

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188368#msg188368
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 02:18:59 pm »
I went ahead made changes but provided a spoiler to the older version. I want to maintain the cost of this card as even numbers so if a cost change is needed, please stay within that restriction.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188376#msg188376
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »
The prices can be very expensive in the end.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg188401#msg188401
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 02:49:27 pm »
This does make Fractal decks more expensive and it does slow down fractal,mono, and duo decks (in order of magnitude)

However you have to remember, how many cards do you play in a turn? At the beginning of the game we have a full hand, 7-8 cards, hopefully half filled with pillars. Then we draw 1 card per turn (with the exception of time) with about 1/4s of the cards being pillars.

So with this setup only decks that are waiting for a one turn mono combo, or fractal deck, or mindgate decks would be playing more than 1-2 cards per turn after this is out.

If a fractal deck faces up against this they would cautiously play only 1-3 of the newly fractaled 8 creatures per turn. This slows down the deck but doesn't deny or shut them down completely. All in all a decent 1 card nerf.

Since this card is other and since it hurts mono and duo decks it would most likely end up in a rainbow deck. If an mindgate deck faces up against they would hesitate on playing more than 1-3 of a stolen creatures per turn, rather they would delay some of the stolen creatures till next turn. This barely would slow a mindgate deck down.

Over the course of a duel this card will create small penalties that would add up but probably not as quanta draining as a single devourer.

For a cost of 6|4 other (which translates to about 2|1.33 mono to compare to devour|pest 2 :darkness) this card is balanced.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg189123#msg189123
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 03:41:33 am »
is this good enough to submit to crucible. please tell me i really need to know.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg189150#msg189150
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 04:16:52 am »
Instead of: Card cost increase

Card costs increase

Other than that I think it may be ready.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg189160#msg189160
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 04:25:26 am »
Ill go ahead and submit it see what our awesome curators have to say before any other fixes are done.

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
Re: Elemental Scale | Elemental Balance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14813.msg189298#msg189298
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:06 am »
I think that's a good idea.

blarg: