*Author

zse

Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg162906#msg162906
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »
NAME:
Dragon Egg
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0|1
TEXT:
That Dragon Egg looks like it's about to hatch.
NAME:
Ancient Dragon Egg
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0|1
TEXT:
That Ancient Dragon Egg looks like it's about to hatch.
ART:
zse
IDEA:
zse
NOTES:
This card does practically nothing alone, but when it gets targeted by a spell or abilities it can turn to some dragon creature. Basically the idea is the same as in Mummy. Dragon Egg turns to unupped versions, and Ancient Dragon Egg turns to upped versions.
Targeted with Active Ability
on Creature or Permanent
Name of Ability, or SpellEgg Turns to
:aether Nymph / AnubisQuintessence:aether Dragon
Owl's EyeSniper:air Dragon
ToadfishInflate:air Dragon
:darkness NymphLiquid Shadow:darkness Dragon
Parasite/VirusInfection/Infect:death Dragon
:death NymphAflatoxin:death Dragon
:earth NymphBasilisk Blood:earth Dragon
Plate Armor:earth Dragon
Chaos Power:entropy Dragon
:entropy NymphAntimatter:entropy Dragon
:fire NymphRage Potion:fire Dragon
Momentum:gravity Dragon
:life NymphAdrenaline:life Dragon
Holy Light:light Dragon
Blessing:light Dragon
EternityReverse Time:time Dragon
Arctic SquidFreeze:water Dragon
SpecialsName of Ability, or SpellSpecial Effect, if any
Butterfly EffectEgg turns to Dragonfly with Butterfly ability
Gravity PullEgg turns to Chimera
Fallen ElfMutationRandom Dragon, Dragonfly, Chimera, or Dragon Egg
:light NymphLuciferinNothing special, 0/1 Egg has now bioluminescence
and it's original ability.
Chaos Seed/PandemoniumRandom effect:
Freeze, Reverse Time, Sniper,
Gravity Pull, Lobotomize, Parallel Universe,
Fire bolt, Ice bolt, Shockwave, Drain Life,
Lightning, Infection.
Flesh Spider/Phase Spider/
Guardian Angel
Web/HealNothing.
Lobotomizer/Mind FlayerLobotomizeNothing special, removes any active abilities.
Nightmare/Fractal/
Parallel Universe
Nothing special, just more eggs.
Killed bySpecial Effect, if any
Otyugh / Scrab+1/+3 to Otyugh / Scrab for nutritional meal. Egg dies.
ImmolationNothing special, you'll get just the normal quanta. Egg dies.
Plague / Retrovirus / Fire Bolt / Ice Bolt / Rain of Fire / Thunderstorm / Unstable Gas / Shockwave / Drain Life / Lightning / Chimera / CatapultNothing special. Egg dies.
SERIES: [/color][/b]
***Insert series name and link to series page (if any)***
* edit *
More abilities / creature affecting spells added. The list should be now complete. Note that when the un-upped & upped cards have same effect, the un-upped version is only listed.

* edit2 *
Poll added:
1. Mymmy style
Targeting Dragon Egg should turn to Dragon right away, like Mummy. Who cares if turn 1 Dragon is powerful.

2. Modified Graboid / Mummy style
Targeting Dragon Egg should turn to Dragon right away, like Mummy, but Dragon Egg comes into game Burrowed, like Graboid, and then Unburrows automatically at the end of turn. The opponent can target the Egg 1 turn before you get the opportunity to turn it to Dragon.

3 Fate Egg style
Targeting Dragon Egg should give it active ability Hatch, like Fate Egg. You have to wait at least 1 turn before you can activate it and get the Dragon.

* edit3 *
Poll closed
1. Mymmy style it is.

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg162915#msg162915
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:19:43 pm »
This card is pretty sweet. I would love to see it in game.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg162916#msg162916
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:20:10 pm »
I like the Idea but I have some remarks/questions/suggestions:

- The cost are really inhomogeneous from one dragon to the other (antimatter cost 6 :entropy and momentum 1 :gravity)
- Owl eyes ability is not a spell but an arrow for me it does not fit IMO.
- What about :air shock wave,  :air thunderstorm, :water nymph tears,  :aether twin universe,  :aether fractal, :light luciferin, :fire fire bolt, :water ice bolt,  :darkness drainlife, :entropy chaos power,  :entropy pandemonium,  :gravity chimera, :fire rain of fire and :aether lightning?
- what about giving the egg an ability: for 3 quanta turns a pillar into the corresponding dragon?
- what about creating a specific evolve spell from each element?

good luck

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg162917#msg162917
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »
that's mean this one is very hard to kill by use spell or ability...

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg162920#msg162920
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:06 pm »
Tbh, I think you should changed to if you target it instead of if anyone targets it. So your oppent doesn't have to deal with killing a dragon if you don't have anything to change it into a dragon right away.

zse

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163066#msg163066
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »
I like the Idea but I have some remarks/questions/suggestions:

- The cost are really inhomogeneous from one dragon to the other (antimatter cost 6 :entropy and momentum 1 :gravity)
Life just isn't always fair, deal with it. :P I don't think that's really a problem since if you have those "better" high-cost cards you can use em the way they are meant to be used. But if we want to make this fair for everyone, some quanta-drain could be added to the effect - ability drains 5-[the cost of spell] quanta etc. Keep suggestions coming, if you have any other idea for it.
- Owl eyes ability is not a spell but an arrow for me it does not fit IMO.
The ability is called "sniper" (who are pretty accurate where they aim), so that made me think it could work. Rethinking it made me ask for better suggestions for getting :air Dragon.  ::)
- What about :air shock wave,  :air thunderstorm, :water nymph tears,  :aether twin universe,  :aether fractal, :light luciferin, :fire fire bolt, :water ice bolt,  :darkness drainlife, :entropy chaos power,  :entropy pandemonium,  :gravity chimera, :fire rain of fire and :aether lightning?
Most of them added. Pandemonium generates copies of different abilities that are already mentioned. Nymph tears can't target creatures.
- what about giving the egg an ability: for 3 quanta turns a pillar into the corresponding dragon?
- what about creating a specific evolve spell from each element?
Interesting ideas. Why don't you take the credit for them and post those in new topic(s).
good luck

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163068#msg163068
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:10:17 pm »
With this card and nova, summoning a dragon in the first turn has never been easier.  :))
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

zse

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163089#msg163089
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:30:50 pm »
With this card and nova, summoning a dragon in the first turn has never been easier.  :))
Totally true, but Nova+This Card+Something to target This Card = 3 card combo. Not that it would be hard combo to do, but it still takes 3 cards to get 1 creature. Do you think it would be OP? Do you have suggestions how to make it less powerful?

I've been toying with an idea of having 1 turn delay before the egg hatches. The Egg would remain 0/1, but opponent would then know that if it's not killed this turn, it'll be attacking as a dragon next turn. What do you think of that idea?

Astraic

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163154#msg163154
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:21 pm »
this can be sum serious OP i think.............
this + fractal + pandemonium............
idk what effects pandemonium has but yea...
pretty sure it has reverse time at least........... you can summon hoards of different dragons easily....

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163155#msg163155
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »
Totally true, but Nova+This Card+Something to target This Card = 3 card combo. Not that it would be hard combo to do, but it still takes 3 cards to get 1 creature. Do you think it would be OP? Do you have suggestions how to make it less powerful?

I've been toying with an idea of having 1 turn delay before the egg hatches. The Egg would remain 0/1, but opponent would then know that if it's not killed this turn, it'll be attacking as a dragon next turn. What do you think of that idea?
Well if the opponent kills it, doesn't it still make a dragon? That is why you should add something to the effect of where the ability only works if the player summoning the card, then it turns into a dragon.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163170#msg163170
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 10:37:14 pm »
I love this idea.  I thought about the effects you still haven't been able to factor in yet, and I might have some suggestions.

Web:  Turns into a mummy (strange, but it was really the only thing that fit).
Angel:  This is pretty similar to Holy Light so I'd say Light Dragon
Lobo/mindflayer:  Maybe a fate egg for humor?
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

zse

Re: Dragon Egg | Ancient Dragon Egg https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12853.msg163187#msg163187
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 11:03:54 pm »
this can be sum serious OP i think.............
this + fractal + pandemonium............
idk what effects pandemonium has but yea...
pretty sure it has reverse time at least........... you can summon hoards of different dragons easily....
Pandemonium
Pandemonium inflicts one of the following effects:
Fire bolt, Ice bolt, Shockwave, Drain Life, Lightning, Infection, Freeze, Gravity Pull, Reverse Time, Sniper, Lobotomize, Parallel Universe (where Dead Egg, Dragon, undecided)
Also note that currently Gravity Pull generates Chimera, and that would eat all other creatures, including the Eggs that haven't been affected by Pandemonium yet.

I did actually think about this potential combo earlier, and then I came to the conclusion that the relatively high costs (6 & 7) should make other fractal targets more appealing for deck-builders.
I love this idea.  I thought about the effects you still haven't been able to factor in yet, and I might have some suggestions.

Web:  Turns into a mummy (strange, but it was really the only thing that fit).
Angel:  This is pretty similar to Holy Light so I'd say Light Dragon
Lobo/mindflayer:  Maybe a fate egg for humor?
Hmmm... don't know about those. I personally like the option "that does nothing to the egg" better. But I'm ready to change my mind if you or someone else gives good reasoning for changes.
Well if the opponent kills it, doesn't it still make a dragon?
No, dead Eggs are just dead. No free dragons from those.

anything
blarg: