*Author

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241914#msg241914
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 09:44:51 pm »
the fact is, i really dislike free quints. i dislike 3 :aether quints also but i have learned to accept them. but free quints, those just arent acceptable  :P
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241915#msg241915
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »
The question is what is the average number of Dimensional strikers fielded per turn per game?
I'd say if you were to include 6 Strikers in a deck (which you most likely want), you will probably get about two or three out.  That's ok compared to Phase Spider I think.

the fact is, i really dislike free quints. i dislike 3 :aether quints also but i have learned to accept them. but free quints, those just arent acceptable  :P
The free quint is actually a partial nerf as well - Ambushers add on their attack to fellow ambushers, so free quint means that this card cannot be buffed by most cards, as well as making it impossible to fractal.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241917#msg241917
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »
The free quint is actually a partial nerf as well - Ambushers add on their attack to fellow ambushers, so free quint means that this card cannot be buffed by most cards, as well as making it impossible to fractal.
Generally, fractalling non quinted aether creatures fails.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241925#msg241925
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 09:55:55 pm »
So you also don't like Immortal and Phase Dragon? Or do they just cost enough for the +50% increase in cost associated with free quint to be enough for your tastes?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241930#msg241930
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 09:59:22 pm »
So you also don't like Immortal and Phase Dragon? Or do they just cost enough for the +50% increase in cost associated with free quint to be enough for your tastes?
im pretty sure immortals the +1 cost from quint. and phase dragon has more than a 30% increase

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg241934#msg241934
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 10:01:32 pm »
The value of Immortal depends on threat value (Attack + Offensive Skill Value). Creatures that are more threatening would be targeted by more control than creatures that are less threatening. Based on Immortal and Phase Dragon I theorize that the value of Immortal is equal to1 plus half the threat value (rounded up).
Immortal
Static Value = 4 (attack) +0 (0<HP<6) -1 (Aether Bonus) = 3
Variable Value = 3 (1 + 4 x 1/2) = 3
Balanced Casting Cost = 3 (Static Value) +3 (Variable Value) = 6
Elite Immortal
Static Value = 5 (attack) +0 (0<HP<6) -1 (Aether Bonus) = 4
Variable Value = 4 (1 + 5 x 1/2) = 4
Balanced Casting Cost = 4 (Static Value) +4 (Variable Value) -1 (Upgrade) = 7
Phase Dragon
Static Value = 8 (attack) +1 (5<HP<8] -1 (Aether Bonus) = 8
Variable Value = 5 (1 + 8 x 1/2) = 5
Balanced Casting Cost = 8 (Static Value) +5 (Variable Value) = 13
Elite Phase Dragon
Static Value = 10 (attack) +1 (5<HP<8] -1 (Aether Bonus) = 10
Variable Value = 6 (1 + 10 x 1/2) = 6
Balanced Casting Cost = 10 (Static Value) +6 (Variable Value) -2 (Upgrade) = 14
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

gavsword

Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg242160#msg242160
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 03:09:31 am »
I like it as a card, I feel it could fit into some unupped decks, but it's not EXTREMELY powerful. Because of the no-fractal thing I think it needs a very minor buff, maybe have it stack onto the attack, but then reset post combat.

So it would get the 2+1(ambush) and then attack with that amount + ambush. But only have it stack for a turn otherwise it goes berserk. I feel like this is better, but could even up it's cost 1 for the unupped version.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg242168#msg242168
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 03:14:50 am »
I like it as a card, I feel it could fit into some unupped decks, but it's not EXTREMELY powerful. Because of the no-fractal thing I think it needs a very minor buff, maybe have it stack onto the attack, but then reset post combat.

So it would get the 2+1(ambush) and then attack with that amount + ambush. But only have it stack for a turn otherwise it goes berserk. I feel like this is better, but could even up it's cost 1 for the unupped version.
I am unsure if you understood the Ambush effect because currently Ambush is a bonus that adds onto attack and resets at the end of the turn.

For instance 3 Dimensional Strikers will attack at 1, 1+1=2, and 1+1+1=3 and all reset to 1 at the end of the turn.

gavsword

Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg242377#msg242377
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »
Yeah I get it now. It's fine.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dimensional Striker | Elite Dimensional Striker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18641.msg285884#msg285884
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 01:50:56 am »
Dimensional Striker was tied to win last round of votes but lost to the tie breaking vote.
I need all your votes (if you think it is a good card) because older cards have a disadvantage at the polls.
It currently is 3rd with 5 votes against 7 and 7. Please vote to push it over into first.

anything
blarg: