*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319296#msg319296
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 01:58:09 am »
Mitosis costs 4 :life. Jade Dragon costs 12 :life.
Using Mitosis to generate 6 Jade Dragons results with a net cost of 76 :life - 21 quantum less than Dark Sage.
So since Dark Sage is currently (3 :darkness + 3 :darkness/number of dragons) per dragon more expensive than Mitosis, ...?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319302#msg319302
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:05 am »
Flayne, you'd need to get a Pestal running before you could play the Dragons efficiently, and that takes up turns, compared to Mitosis, where I could simply SoR a Mitosis'd dragon and get free Dragons for the rest of the game as long as the first one doesn't die.  If you get hit with Discord, another Pestal, or even Sanctuary, you could find your powerful arsenal of dragons in your hand unplayable due to being unable to generate the necessary quantum or losing it too quickly.

Using Mitosis to generate 6 Jade Dragons results with a net cost of 76 :life - 21 quantum less than Dark Sage.
So since Dark Sage is currently (3 :darkness + 3 :darkness/number of dragons) per dragon more expensive than Mitosis, ...?
I suppose I didn't make my Darkness calculation above the life one clear enough, apologies.

Dark Sage is 3 :darkness by default. Each Obsidian Dragon costs + 3 more due to Dark Sage's ability, which makes their final cost 15 :darkness.
Therefore 6 dragons cost 6x15 = 90 :darkness + 3  :darkness for Dark Sage is 93. (The actual difference between Mitosis and Dark Sage is 17 quantum - I made a mistake with my earlier calculation.)

So Dark Sage needs 17 quantum more than Mitosis.
Mitosis needs 1 card more than Dark Sage.

I think that is fair, seeing as how the highest a targetable creature currently costs is 13 (Light Dragon) - Dark Sage still requires 4 more quantum in that case.

Flayne

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319308#msg319308
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 02:18:02 am »
Flayne, you'd need to get a Pestal running before you could play the Dragons efficiently, and that takes up turns, compared to Mitosis, where I could simply SoR a Mitosis'd dragon and get free Dragons for the rest of the game as long as the first one doesn't die.  If you get hit with Discord, another Pestal, or even Sanctuary, you could find your powerful arsenal of dragons in your hand unplayable due to being unable to generate the necessary quantum or losing it too quickly.

I suppose I didn't make my Darkness calculation above the life one clear enough, apologies.

Dark Sage is 3 :darkness by default. Each Obsidian Dragon costs + 3 more due to Dark Sage's ability, which makes their final cost 15 :darkness.
Therefore 6 dragons cost 6x15 = 90 :darkness + 3  :darkness for Dark Sage is 93. (The actual difference between Mitosis and Dark Sage is 17 quantum - I made a mistake with my earlier calculation.)

So Dark Sage needs 17 quantum more than Mitosis.
Mitosis needs 1 card more than Dark Sage.

I think that is fair, seeing as how the highest a targetable creature currently costs is 13 (Light Dragon) - Dark Sage still requires 4 more quantum in that case.
I still disagree with the dragon mechanic, it still is too easy to create high damage potential. Im just playing with costs here, you don't need 6 dragons, all you need is just one or two, and keep it going at a steady pace, thats all im trying to say, that the dragons are that much easier to play despite it being one or two being summoned at most for the quanta limit.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319309#msg319309
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 02:22:01 am »
Flayne, I still don't understand how adding a dragon to your hand and playing it each turn is more dangerous than spawning a dragon right on the field for a lower cost. Technically Mitosis and a Dragon would have the same damage potential as Dark Sage, as well as being cheaper in the long run and not clogging up your hand.

Flayne

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319313#msg319313
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 02:28:01 am »
Flayne, I still don't understand how adding a dragon to your hand and playing it each turn is more dangerous than spawning a dragon right on the field for a lower cost. Technically Mitosis and a Dragon would have the same damage potential as Dark Sage, as well as being cheaper in the long run and not clogging up your hand.
i'm talking about in case you don't get a dragon at first but you get this, its a shortcut.

Its just an initial cost of 7 :darkness + 12, thats not too much.
later, get another for only 3 :darkness + 12.
all you need is good  :darkness production, wait for 4 turns, summon the first one,
then wait for 3 turns, you get the second, and whala, you have 24 damage stacked while you already did 36 damage with the first dragon 3 turns ago.
im trying to say its still a shortcut for when you don't get your dragon at first, it makes things quicker for a slightly higher cost.
i suppose an extra 10 quanta is a little much but when you're desperate, its worth it.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319316#msg319316
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 02:33:06 am »
Dark Sage claims to have a Casting Cost of 4 :darkness but has 1 more attack
Mitosis[4 :life] + Jade Dragon cost 1 more card than Dark Sage

Assuming:
1 extra attack is worth 1quanta
1 extra card is worth 2 quanta

Starting Cost: 4 :darkness(Dark Sage)-1 :darkness(Free attack)-4 :life(Mitosis)-2 :life(Extra Card)= -3 :darkness
Cost per dragon: 3 :darkness

Total extra cost per dragon (3-3/dragon) :darkness. [All costs included comparing Dark Sage to Shardless Jade Mitosis]

This might be too high a charge for the speed.

Sidenote: Shardless Mitosis Dragon was eclipsed by SoR Mitosis Dragon to the point of being UP.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319327#msg319327
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 02:52:05 am »
It may be a high charge, but considering Flayne's very determined arguments with the resulting damage over time, I think it would be best to leave the card as it is - as it gets further feedback it can be further refined. :)

Re: Dark Adept | Dark Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21762.msg319654#msg319654
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 05:48:09 pm »
It may be a high charge, but considering Flayne's very determined arguments with the resulting damage over time, I think it would be best to leave the card as it is - as it gets further feedback it can be further refined. :)
Agreed.

anything
blarg: