*Author

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Airbender | Airbender https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35801.msg450593#msg450593
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:57 pm »
Thanks for everyone's interest. When I get bck to the computer I made it on, I will start working on a tutorial.

As for the text, I will try to see if I can't come up with a simpler way to say all of that so it makes mroe sense overall.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Master of air https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35801.msg450606#msg450606
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »
The first skill potentially makes spiders useless because of the mono type and bonus for it's effect. Not really nice.
This gives bonus to Wings.
This also makes heavy hitters even more deadly. Combine this with sky blitz and we'll see flying steam machines or something else (cause that tri-deck is harder)

The second skill is partially strange, but it will replace the use of animate weapon. Not so nice either.
Do you mean that if you target a weapon it will fall back into the weapon slot? Or will it make them airborne?

Art is nice. However, because it removes three cards in the game i don't feel like I'll see it in game. As well, this will make longbow decks really strong.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Airbender | Airbender https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35801.msg450627#msg450627
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 12:29:18 am »
*stamp of approval*

I like not only the card, but the card art as well! Good job Kami!
I especially like that having creatures fall deals damage, that should be applied to Web as well, maybe not 25% but 1 point should do the trick.

The curators may mention it, but you may want to check your table, something is a little off in the unupgraded version..

":air:air  : Airbend." Did you originally intend to have the skill cost 2 :air or did you type ": a i r" and then copypasta?

Oh! And how did you draw that beautiful art? You should teach us!

Ah, thanks for seeing that. I never would have noticed.

And I can come up with a tutorial for how I made that image if you want.
It's still there, Sherlock. ::) Also, +1 to the tutorial idea. Also, 'airborne' is spelled incorrectly.

If I understand correctly, this can target either a creature or a weapon? Incidentally, I think it's interesting/good enough without the damage mechanic. Just leaving it as swap the airborne status and fly weapons would make it simpler but still useful.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

• Legendary Member
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Airbender | Airbender https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35801.msg450649#msg450649
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 01:40:10 am »
The first skill potentially makes spiders useless because of the mono type and bonus for it's effect. Not really nice.
This gives bonus to Wings.
This also makes heavy hitters even more deadly. Combine this with sky blitz and we'll see flying steam machines or something else (cause that tri-deck is harder)

The second skill is partially strange, but it will replace the use of animate weapon. Not so nice either.
Do you mean that if you target a weapon it will fall back into the weapon slot? Or will it make them airborne?

Art is nice. However, because it removes three cards in the game i don't feel like I'll see it in game. As well, this will make longbow decks really strong.
It doesn't remove any cards. Airbender annot be splashed into most other decks because it has a medium quanta cost to play. Animate weapon will still have its use completely.

It does not make spiders useless at all, since those are all off-element. It's better to splash a tiny amount of air quanta for a spider than to try and get more air quanta for an Airbender.

*stamp of approval*

I like not only the card, but the card art as well! Good job Kami!
I especially like that having creatures fall deals damage, that should be applied to Web as well, maybe not 25% but 1 point should do the trick.

The curators may mention it, but you may want to check your table, something is a little off in the unupgraded version..

":air:air  : Airbend." Did you originally intend to have the skill cost 2 :air or did you type ": a i r" and then copypasta?

Oh! And how did you draw that beautiful art? You should teach us!

Ah, thanks for seeing that. I never would have noticed.

And I can come up with a tutorial for how I made that image if you want.
It's still there, Sherlock. ::) Also, +1 to the tutorial idea. Also, 'airborne' is spelled incorrectly.

If I understand correctly, this can target either a creature or a weapon? Incidentally, I think it's interesting/good enough without the damage mechanic. Just leaving it as swap the airborne status and fly weapons would make it simpler but still useful.
Yeah, I know. I procrastinate to editing the tables.

Yeah, weapon or a creature. You don't think it needs the damaging effect? It won't make it too useless?
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

• Legendary Member
  • Old to Elements
Re: Airbender | Airbender https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35801.msg450743#msg450743
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 09:55:35 am »
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

blarg: