*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78263#msg78263
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 08:17:17 pm »
Then your problem is up to you, because if you think it looks like absolute truth, its still an opinion, duh! That said, in my head, my idea is good and yours is bad. Isnt the same in yours? Dunno why you are complaining.
The problem is your tone and attitude.

I do not have an obsession with the number three. I just feel a need to maintain the balance and equilibrium in everything. Of course I won't do anything if someone makes a 7th shard idea; but if Zanz happens to make, let's say an indigo shard, that does not fit into my patterns at all, then I'll expand my patterns to fit the new shard.

But of course, I know when to stop. For example, I will not waste time thinking of 3 shields for every element. The Shards are just one of the two big card idea sets I'm working on right now, the other one being the Advanced Spells.

create weak (merely "balanced", not really powerfull) rare cards, that still require 1500 coins to be playable
That is to prevent people with those rare cards from completely dominating those tho don't. Rare cards should be simply curiosities that do not have huge impacts on the metagame.

give to all elements permanent protection, that is something currently 1 element can do.
Which is exactly why I made Shard of Protection. I do not want Earth to have the monopoly on permanent protection, because monopolies are bad. Just look at the result from the Masters tournament. Terro won because his element is the only one capable of permanent protection. There is no point to elemental "specialization" if the specialization makes that element imbalanced.

If you try to convince a person for three days, and it doesn't work, it might be a hint to stop trying.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78327#msg78327
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 09:54:22 pm »
So, rare cards are not supposed to be powerful, they are supposed to be "curiosities"? Well, dunno if there is someone that agree with you in this point. Even zanz should be wrong then, because things like Eternity and SoG are rares, and Damselfly is not. Im a bit new to the game, but even heard that Arctic Squid was once a common card, and it turned into a rare because was powerful. You know what creating weak rares does to people that do not have rares? Just makes harder to get a farm of the powerful rare they really need to their deck, and this time you should agree with me. Beyond that, why to create a card that will be almost not used, because it requires 1500 to do what a regular card can do?

And so, rares shouldnt have huge impact in the metagame, and you create one that gives permanent protection to all elements? Wow, thats a small impact, I bet. I think each element has a theme, and should have own strong and weak points. There are some monopolies, like time drawing cards (will you create a shard to solve this too?), not many, but even if we agree that monopolies are bad, the right way to break that monopoly is making it avaliable TO ALL? OMG, you are in fact removing one of the strong points of Earth, not breaking its monopoly. And in fact, I really think that 'Other' set of cards should be kept to a minimum, because it should never be stronger than an element. Just my opinion, you know.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78401#msg78401
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 12:59:47 am »
OK, think about Shard of Gratitude. Then think about Fire. Then think about SoGs in a Fire deck. Should a Fire deck be capable of healing?

Zanz himself said a "perfectly balanced" shard should be "a bit underpowered". If you think rares should be powerful, then you're wrong. Imagine a super duper uber rare card that instantly kills for 100 quanta. There is a 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 chance of getting it in every spin. Would that be justified? The point of having rare cards is that they shouldn't offer things that are not available to decks without those rares. Zanz specifically said that when he made the Nymphs.

Even zanz should be wrong then
OMG sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!1!1 :P

Offline Marvaddin

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78406#msg78406
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 01:36:12 am »
Lol, I love the way you are always talking things that dont match, like "The point of having rare cards is that they shouldn't offer things that are not available to decks without those rares." and "I do not want Earth to have the monopoly on permanent protection, because monopolies are bad."

Look, I dont like SoG, too. But anyway, healing is not a monopoly. There a lot of healing cards, from different elements: antimatter, black hole, stone skin, heal, holy light, drain life. Here we have 6 elements, and most of them have other cards of healing. Its different to open to all something 6 of them have already, and breaking a monopoly of 1 element making it avaliable to all.

But ok, I will stop discussing to you, because we are going to nowhere. In fact, your arguments doesnt seem very mathematical and analytical to me, but let it be. I will point the things to discussion in your other threads, not really to offend you or expecting your answers, just to see what other people say.

Kael, should we really have a forge of 'Other' cards? This has nothing to do with his Shard or another card, just worried about 'Other' becoming too strong.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78411#msg78411
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 01:46:53 am »
Lol, I love the way you are always talking things that dont match, like "The point of having rare cards is that they shouldn't offer things that are not available to decks without those rares." and "I do not want Earth to have the monopoly on permanent protection, because monopolies are bad."
Really? If you don't have a Shard of Protection, you need to splash :earth into your deck for permanent protection; you won't have to splash :earth if you have SoPs. Likewise, you can splash Heal or Holy Light into a Fire deck if you want healing but don't have SoG, but SoGs make it easier and more efficient. Do you get what I'm trying to say here?

Look, I dont like SoG, too.
You don't like a lot of things, do you?

Its different to open to all something 6 of them have already, and breaking a monopoly of 1 element making it avaliable to all.
Is it really that different? No. It's likely that some other elements will get some form of protection sooner or later. Maybe you won't be so upset then. To me, as long as the card itself is balanced, I have nothing else to worry about.

just worried about 'Other' becoming too strong.
Shooting down card ideas simply because it strengthens Other is completely ridiculous. When judging whether a card is good or not, I only look at the card balance; if it's not OP or UP then it is a good card and eligible for Forge and Armory.

Kael Hate

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78417#msg78417
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 01:52:56 am »
Kael, should we really have a forge of 'Other' cards? This has nothing to do with his Shard or another card, just worried about 'Other' becoming too strong.
Only 1 card from each element and Other will make it to the 'Forge'. It will always be fair there. Making it from 'Forge' to 'Armory' will be based on card type. In the end the 'Armory' should get 1 Card per Month that is a representation of a card idea that the community wants and allow Zanz to see that the community have considered that idea.

Offline Marvaddin

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78429#msg78429
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 02:12:36 am »
Hmmmm, interesting, thanks.

I was worried because card balance is not all when we are talking about Other cards. Other cards can be perfectly balanced, but give to Other good creatures, maybe a reliable shield, some protection / removal of creatures and permanents, and considering that it already has great healing... no need to use an element, because theres something that is unbalanced: quanta production, quanta towers produce 3x the quanta of normal towers. But anyway I bet zanz wouldnt let it happen, lol.

Good to know, thanks anyway.

Kael Hate

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78442#msg78442
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 02:25:51 am »
But anyway I bet zanz wouldnt let it happen, lol.
Good to know, thanks anyway.
If it did get by, it would show up in the Statistics. Zanz has said he is for balancing the environment and last Statistic season made some adjustments to the power level of some cards. If something slipped in and turned out uber, he would likely take action (shown past history) to fix the card.

Kael Hate

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 14 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg78728#msg78728
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2010, 02:00:19 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
For being voted from Crucible to the Forge
Congratulations to:  

Ant-n-ero

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 13 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg79792#msg79792
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 08:42:25 pm »
good good, the shard pulled it in at the last post :P :D

00LeLe00

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 18 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg86706#msg86706
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »
made from ME.... *I've a lot of ideas for the cards* (http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd67716/Change)

PhantomFox

Re: Level 1 - Crucible - Other Card Ideas - 18 Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5517.msg86709#msg86709
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 07:35:37 pm »
This... is not how the system works.

blarg: