*Author

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg387742#msg387742
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »
Well, as with all my card ideas, i'd like to know what 17 people thought was wrong about Sleep, so i can later modify it, and maybe again together with Emerald submit it to the Crucible.
Not sure if I can represent those 17 people, but here are some points I've found. Doesn't necessarily mean that I've voted for your card.

1. People tend to dislike cards that do not have all the description written in the actual card. No one knows what 'Asleep' is. Butterfly Effect card is kinda similar, except Destroy is a pretty obvious ability.

2. Just because the competition asked you to design a card that makes a combo with your picks doesn't mean that the card needs or only synergizes with your pick. The card is highly, highly restricted of use since it HAS to be used with nightmare to be effective.

3. People hate pests anyway. Double the effect? GAH!
1. not much i can do.

2. that's why i added the 3-turn delay.

3. I was trying to think something that would help Nightmaring. if you've got any other idea, i'd be glad to hear it.
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg387760#msg387760
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »
Well, as with all my card ideas, i'd like to know what 17 people thought was wrong about Sleep, so i can later modify it, and maybe again together with Emerald submit it to the Crucible.
Not sure if I can represent those 17 people, but here are some points I've found. Doesn't necessarily mean that I've voted for your card.

1. People tend to dislike cards that do not have all the description written in the actual card. No one knows what 'Asleep' is. Butterfly Effect card is kinda similar, except Destroy is a pretty obvious ability.

2. Just because the competition asked you to design a card that makes a combo with your picks doesn't mean that the card needs or only synergizes with your pick. The card is highly, highly restricted of use since it HAS to be used with nightmare to be effective.

3. People hate pests anyway. Double the effect? GAH!
1. not much i can do.

2. that's why i added the 3-turn delay.

3. I was trying to think something that would help Nightmaring. if you've got any other idea, i'd be glad to hear it.
Remake the card in a smithy thread and direct people to the new thread.

--

Considering the current trend of posts, I expect Sadism to win by much.

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg387788#msg387788
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »
i agreed with 1 and 2 from girlgeneration.

and to help nightmaring?  are you talking about something like GoTP?

zumba

Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg387816#msg387816
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42:56 pm »
Congrats everyone who played :D goodluck last 4 i know who im rootin for.. and i'm not telling any of you

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg387892#msg387892
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »
i agreed with 1 and 2 from girlgeneration.

and to help nightmaring?  are you talking about something like GoTP?
GotP is used more to fill in the space of mid-range attacker that :time did not used to have. Mummy might be a better example: who nowadays actually uses Mummy with Reverse Time? I've seen it more as a plain attacker in unupped decks (in upped decks recluse is better obvs)
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388172#msg388172
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2011, 04:43:36 pm »
*Cuggles GirlGeneration* We haz win!
At every other participant : great job. I'm honestly hoping all those cards are recycled and put into crucible - they are awesome.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388180#msg388180
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2011, 05:03:13 pm »
Great job Sadism!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388235#msg388235
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:38 pm »
Yeeeaaaaah Sadism! By far the best card idea overall IMO.

(For some reason I keep hearing S&M by Rihanna in my head when I see this card)

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388304#msg388304
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2011, 11:53:25 pm »
Congratulations to GG and Jenky... good job :P. Guess now wasn't the time for Zephyrus.

To Eva, good job too :)... we did our best

-Iman00b8
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388316#msg388316
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2011, 12:53:16 am »
Thank you everyone who've voted Sadism! :D

Now for the Crucible.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388333#msg388333
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2011, 01:51:48 am »
Congratulations to girlsgeneration and Jenkar for their card, Sadism | Sadism!

Both will receive an award icon and 1 competition win in the Exhibition Hall! :D Thank you to everyone else who participated and voted; these polls were a mere experiment however, and Inverted polls will probably never happen again, so thanks for the feedback. ^^;

The Prophet of Cards
The Competition Organizer will create several card ideas in secret; participants must try their best to use randomized given clues to try to remake those cards as accurately as possible.

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Competition: C-C-C-Combo Maker! (Tiebreaker) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29916.msg388339#msg388339
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2011, 02:25:17 am »
Ohhhhhh... I like the sneak peek :3

anything
blarg: