*Author

powdergame99

Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368640#msg368640
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:23 am »
On a minor note for the first sentence, I guess I should make it so that the 'upgraded' form of the shard image is used to make everything uniform, no?
So, now i have to make an upped version of my shard instead of the one i currently have posted?

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368644#msg368644
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 02:57:54 am »

Uses:
  • Adds to the "One Turn WHOA" effect that Air has with Animate/Dive/Blitz and similar combos. You can play a creature directly to the field and instantly buff and dive it.
This was precisely the reason that the original Shard of Readiness was nerfed.  You can be pretty sure that this shard, which creates exactly the same problem, will never make it into the game.  It was something like "Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> PU, PU, PU" == enough damage to kill an FG all on one turn.  That deck had something like a 69% winrate and that was BEFORE Precog, which would speed up the deck even more.

[/list]
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368702#msg368702
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 05:39:57 am »
This was precisely the reason that the original Shard of Readiness was nerfed.  You can be pretty sure that this shard, which creates exactly the same problem, will never make it into the game.  It was something like "Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> SoV --> Dive --> PU, PU, PU" == enough damage to kill an FG all on one turn.  That deck had something like a 69% winrate and that was BEFORE Precog, which would speed up the deck even more.
I was not familiar with that, Essence, thanks for the edification. On the one hand, I am in favor of cards that that get away from long SoD battles where one side slowly wins with quinted creature(s), more HP regen, or worst of all, deckout. Cards like Air Blitz, or clever and timely use of Explosion, Steal, and Black Hole, are a lot more active and exciting than throwing out a deckful of "always on" or gradual-growth effects and hoping you have more/better ones than your opponent.

On the other hand, trivializing FGs is no bueno. Changed the card. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, based on cards in the Reliquary, it looks like Zanz makes major changes sometimes even if inspired by a player submission. So I figure that, even if maybe my Darkness shard is underpowered and my Air shard is overpowered, I might still have a shot at permanently leaving my mark on the game! Which is pretty sweet.

I like your :water shard for being a hybrid of the "active" and "sustain/always on" styles like I mentioned above, and I highly agree that the game needs mass PC. We already have mass CC, and some of those Arena decks with their piles of Bonds/Sancs/SoDs are really "abusing" their doublesize deck advantage.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368706#msg368706
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 06:09:14 am »
Also just clarifying, we can only submit 1 right?
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368708#msg368708
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 06:17:18 am »
Also just clarifying, we can only submit 1 right?
...yes. Please only submit one shard idea.

I'm going to start moving non-submissions posts into the regular topic to help keep the submissions thread clean in a bit.

Geldon

Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368725#msg368725
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:20 am »
I know that the table of shard names is long enough but is it maybe possible to add "clarity" to the list?
Cleanliness is already taken and i cannot find a more suitable name for my concept.
However - the element will be water:

"Shard of Clarity"

If that's not possible, then I choose "Shard of Tenacity" because it seems that the concept might be more important than the name in this contest.

DeathPanda1

Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368741#msg368741
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:53 am »
Shard of Resilience

• Legendary Member
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368763#msg368763
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 10:49:00 am »
That makes sense from a forum point of view -- but then, in the Shard Madness competition, Shards still universally did nothing when unupped.  Now that Shards will actually have a function while unupped, doesn't it make sense to require posters to show what they will do in both forms?  Every other card design competition has required both unupped and upped formats, because it's a critical part of the design process.  Why should shards be any different?
...wow. So I had a major brain failure for the past 24 hours. :(

Okay, everyone (besides you and another Essence) is going to hate me for this, but I'm now going to ask everyone to post their other card image (the unupped or upgraded version) that they forgot to post up last time now. Deepest apologies for the major rule switching around, but I suppose me trying to cut the design process to speed up the voting stage doesn't make it necessarily fair.

On a minor note for the first sentence, I guess I should make it so that the 'upgraded' form of the shard image is used to make everything uniform, no?
So, now i have to make an upped version of my shard instead of the one i currently have posted?
Yes. Make sure you have BOTH versions of the card in question.

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368764#msg368764
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 10:50:46 am »
I know that the table of shard names is long enough but is it maybe possible to add "clarity" to the list?
Cleanliness is already taken and i cannot find a more suitable name for my concept.
However - the element will be water:

"Shard of Clarity"

If that's not possible, then I choose "Shard of Tenacity" because it seems that the concept might be more important than the name in this contest.
"Clarity" has now been added. :) It's a decent name I suppose...

On that note folks, please remember to post both the unupped AND upgraded versions of your card in the submissions thread. Thank you, and sorry about the sudden rule changes. ^^;

DeathPanda1

Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368776#msg368776
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:06 am »
That makes sense from a forum point of view -- but then, in the Shard Madness competition, Shards still universally did nothing when unupped.  Now that Shards will actually have a function while unupped, doesn't it make sense to require posters to show what they will do in both forms?  Every other card design competition has required both unupped and upped formats, because it's a critical part of the design process.  Why should shards be any different?

Okay, everyone (besides you and another Essence) is going to hate me for this
Who's you?

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368779#msg368779
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:03:37 pm »

Okay, everyone (besides you and another Essence) is going to hate me for this
Who's you?
...notice the double fail in this post. I meant to say Essence/Kiebur.  :-X :-[

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Design Competition: Shard Revolution https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28847.msg368790#msg368790
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:31 pm »
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

blarg: