*Author

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502090#msg502090
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 12:32:39 am »
A 4-way tie. Lol.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502093#msg502093
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 12:40:09 am »
A 4-way tie. Lol.
..and Lol at the decks.

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502570#msg502570
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 03:47:35 am »
Tiebreaker polls have begun!

Vote for the best False God of the Renaissance!

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502572#msg502572
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 04:07:20 am »
*points Architon in Round 1 Submissions*

Yes, I have OCD.
Not so active.

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502574#msg502574
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:02 am »
I vote no new fallen gods unless they don't have any permanent control then I'm for whatever deck that is.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline memimemi

• Reputation Power: 6
  • memimemi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always something more to learn!
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502575#msg502575
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:30 am »
I hope, when voting, people keep in mind that grinding against a deck with Nymphs just lowers your chances of winning anything useful on the spins - I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not too keen on the idea of winning an upped Relic.
The counter to :gravity isn't :aether; it's :D

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502576#msg502576
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:00 am »
It's not like these decks will actually be implemented into the game.

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502578#msg502578
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 04:24:09 am »
I vote no new fallen gods unless they don't have any permanent control then I'm for whatever deck that is.

We already have a lot of them. In fact, too many of them.

SoF hate.  :P
Not so active.

Offline McSod

• Reputation Power: 4
  • McSod is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Misanthropologist.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502583#msg502583
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 04:35:43 am »
What bothers me most about this? There is not a single False God in the lot. There are concepts, and even some decent ones. One even has a character, that I quite like. But nowhere in any story of that there winner's circle is a 'False God'.

Next competition, just tell 'em to build decks. It'll save everyone time.
And I'll know not to waste mine.
How come, when Bogie drinks during the day everyone thinks he's all sophisticated, but when I do it, everyone's just like "Get off our little league field!"?

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502587#msg502587
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 04:45:01 am »
What bothers me most about this? There is not a single False God in the lot. There are concepts, and even some decent ones. One even has a character, that I quite like. But nowhere in any story of that there winner's circle is a 'False God'.

While I'm aware that this is subjective to opinion, I'd just like to say that False Gods arguably need some theme behind them that consists of more than a bunch of cards thrown together and a name, especially when our card pool is small compared to other CCGs like Magic The Gathering.  Writing stories is the best method I have seen so far to flesh out a god better, and will at least make designers think twice about their strategy or connection of cards before they put something up.

(A hint for next competition, now that the round 1 polls have ended - While I liked your story, some people have the tendency to "tl;dr" (aka skim or skip entirely) on writing competitions if they feel the story is too long. Finding the middle point between too long and too short in a story competition thus becomes an important point of making an entry appealing.)

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502593#msg502593
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:53 am »

You kidding? The story's the best part! I agree there isn't really a proper 'god' in them, but they've all shown the author's creativity and imagination. The story also shows they didn't just throw cards together, but actually thought about it.
Out of curiosity, which one has character?
Beware the Darkness.

Offline McSod

• Reputation Power: 4
  • McSod is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Misanthropologist.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [VOTING] FG Competition : Renaissance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40179.msg502602#msg502602
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:24 am »
(A hint for next competition, now that the round 1 polls have ended - While I liked your story, some people have the tendency to "tl;dr" (aka skim or skip entirely) on writing competitions if they feel the story is too long. Finding the middle point between too long and too short in a story competition thus becomes an important point of making an entry appealing.)

I understand what yer sayin'. But 'tl;dr' shouldn't really have to be a concern in a competition requiring writing...
It just doesn't seem t'me that aforementioned writing had anything to do with what got votes.

You kidding? The story's the best part! I agree there isn't really a proper 'god' in them, but they've all shown the author's creativity and imagination. The story also shows they didn't just throw cards together, but actually thought about it.
Out of curiosity, which one has character?

I'm well beyond kidding. The effect I had hoped to present was 'dripping sarcasm'.
Throwing thought into a deck is a little different than coming up with a back story for a character that should exist, yet... doesn't.

S'far as this group of winners go, Selene actually has a character that exists, and a story that makes sense t'me... but doesn't seem very godly, false or otherwise.
And Architon, while a rather fun bit of writing, gets a bit too abstract by the end of it. It's not very false god-y...? False godly? either. It's a good piece of writing about an undefined 'thing' that an old men briefly encounters.

Okay, I'm done </complaining> :p
How come, when Bogie drinks during the day everyone thinks he's all sophisticated, but when I do it, everyone's just like "Get off our little league field!"?

anything
blarg: