*Author

Kael Hate

Re: Walking the Void | Walking the Void https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10793.msg133395#msg133395
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 04:12:42 am »
I like it, especially its synergy with nightmare.

I don't see why you need the upkeep part though, and the whole alligned with darkness seems pretty... odd (and a bit complex, since the average new player will have no clue what that means). I mean, duo decks would have the hardest time paying for the upkeep, so you want to make it nearly impossible to play in duos while very easy to play in monos? Why not make it just a normal card?
Theme balancing. No-one uses the Mark of Darkness, and I want if you want to use a card like this to want to use the Mark of Darkness to get the best benefit from it.
If you want to not use the mark of dark and play duo then you will need to dedicate at least 3 pillars to darkness and you are not going to run multiple copies.

As a Duo example, you can run Entropy werewolf deck and use this off the mark. The theme gives it a limitation so not everyone is going to use it as the endgame solution.

My card ideas are for the experienced player in the most part, so I can understand where a newer player may have to test it out a bit, but adrenaline falls into that group too.

PuppyChow

Re: Walking the Void | Walking the Void https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10793.msg133400#msg133400
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 04:21:31 am »
No. With adrenaline they see "creature attacks multiple times per turn". Okay. Sure, it does more and is a bit more complex, but a new player can get the basic idea behind it immediately.

But when they see "aligned with darkness"... wtf? Why not just say "Absorb 3  :darkness per turn unless your mark is darkness"?

But again, I don't see the need for an upkeep. The card isn't that powerful. I'd say rather, "heal an extra two per turn if you have a mark of darkness".

Kael Hate

Re: Walking the Void | Walking the Void https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10793.msg133428#msg133428
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 04:58:30 am »
No. With adrenaline they see "creature attacks multiple times per turn". Okay. Sure, it does more and is a bit more complex, but a new player can get the basic idea behind it immediately.

But when they see "aligned with darkness"... wtf? Why not just say "Absorb 3  :darkness per turn unless your mark is darkness"?

But again, I don't see the need for an upkeep. The card isn't that powerful. I'd say rather, "heal an extra two per turn if you have a mark of darkness".
Hmm, maybe so. The Aligned with Darkness prevents the use of the Mark of Darkness independant card, but I could change that out. I think I'll rebuild this after the trials.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Walking the Void | Walking the Void https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10793.msg133610#msg133610
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 01:07:20 pm »
Yes, now that I understand how it works it seems rather underpowered. It would be useful only against bigger decks (so pretty much only FG's) and you need to dig to the bottom of your deck to gain any serious benefit form it, so it is very situational.

The hand aspect seems unreliable, even if used in conjunction with Nightmare or quantum denial it's hard to guarantee that your opponent has his hand full most of the time, while you cannot keep cards like steal or excess shields/weapons in your hand, so SoG would be much better most of the time.

It might have some use in :darkness :time PvP decks, but even there it does not seem powerful at all.

Yeah, I guess the upkeep should be replaced with a bonus for having an aligned mark.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

anything
blarg: