*Author

PuppyChow

Volcanic Monster | Volcanic Beast https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432492#msg432492
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:13 pm »
NAME:
Volcanic Monster
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
7 :fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 32
TEXT:
:fire :fire :fire  Eruption: Volcanic Monster takes 32 damage. Deal 4 damage to every other creature and 8 to opponent.
NAME:
Volcanic Beast
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
8 :fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 33
TEXT:
:fire :fire :fire  Eruption: Volcanic Beast takes 32 damage. Deal 4 damage to every other creature and 8 to opponent.
ART:
Sam Beebe - Creative Commons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Volc%C3%A1n_Chait%C3%A9n-Sam_Beebe-Ecotrust.jpg
IDEA:
PuppyChow
NOTES:
Originally from Supermassive series, now just high health.

Art isn't good; if in game, it should be more animalistic or hominid. As for why it's not an :earth creature with a :fire ability cost, think of what defines a volcano as a volcano. Is it the mountain around it? No; that's just a mountain. What defines and differentiates a volcano is that it's a FIREY mountain. The fire is the key part of a volcano.

It has a standing attack because it would theoretically have side shutes which always allow lava to flow.
SERIES:
High Health

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432495#msg432495
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:18:12 pm »
to me this screams to be an :earth :fire duo or maybe :gravity instead of :earth
moose dont say moo.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432507#msg432507
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:44:46 pm »
could be earth with a fire activated ability. if you can't work in the regaining health bit, i think you could deal a bit more damage.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432533#msg432533
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:35 am »
This doesn't seem like it should have any attack.  I mean, I can't imagine a volcano charge at the opponent or doing anything offensively that's not related to eruption.

And the regaining HP, I'm pretty sure you can work it in.  If 40 per turn is too OP, then just reduce it to 30/20/whatever.  At some value, it won't be OP.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432541#msg432541
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:46:40 am »
This + UG in a plain  :air :fire duo would do well, I think. Combining both gets 5 damage to each creature and 28 to the opponent. Although that combo kills off Volcanoid unless it's healed. Even so, cremating it after it's lost 139 hp makes good use of it too. This would do well.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Ekki

Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432567#msg432567
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:43 am »
Wait, can I Rage Pot this until it reaches +100 dmg? (supposing I have a Red Nymph) Does Supermassive disallow you to target this creature with Rage Potion??
Because this card would turn every Rage Pot into a +6|toomuchhp creature, in a mono-element. I see it dangerous, but I may be wrong.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432575#msg432575
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:30:15 am »
Considering the sheer amount of quanta and turns that it requires to do such a combination, I wouldn't label it as outright OP. Nymph, Volcano, and the first rage pot use takes about 20 Fire quanta, which could have given you about 2 Dragons or 3+ Lava golems that are building up. It does have the theme of raging angels but in a mono, but it also has less diversity than raging angels does in cards accessed as well as in cost-effectiveness.

Also, note that even without the regeneration that as written it can erupt 'twice' consecutively. I'm not sure if this is intended.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432581#msg432581
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:39 am »
another note, supermassives and overdrive, better than titan!
Your favorite Hotyugh

Ekki

Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432590#msg432590
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:42:11 am »
Considering the sheer amount of quanta and turns that it requires to do such a combination, I wouldn't label it as outright OP. Nymph, Volcano, and the first rage pot use takes about 20 Fire quanta, which could have given you about 2 Dragons or 3+ Lava golems that are building up.
I actually meant for it being just Rage Pot'd... The Nymph was just an explanation of how it could climb up to 100+
Once you play this, any Rage Pot gets too powerful (it gives you +6 attack on a nearly unstoppable creature). I think it might be balanced, but it looks like a really powerful combo :-\

Also,
I think there are many good reasons why there aren't many high-hp'd creatures, and they go further than Catapult/Gravity Pull/Chimera...

Offline oblivion1212

• Reputation Power: 5
  • oblivion1212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Shard Farm
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432593#msg432593
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 01:46:54 am »
:gravity pull = extra 140 hp

manage to fractal this = woah.. XD

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432598#msg432598
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 01:59:26 am »
part of supermassive is that gravity pull/catapult/chimera wouldnt work. i think a few more cards need considered though
Your favorite Hotyugh

PuppyChow

Re: Volcanoid | Volcano https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34292.msg432652#msg432652
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 04:13:25 am »
It has a standing attack as it's lava is continuously flowing out as well, meaning a bit of damage each turn.
I'm leaning towards no regeneration because that could complicate the card, and there's no space using the card image generator currently :P. I feel like a few of these cards might have that problem.

could be earth with a fire activated ability. if you can't work in the regaining health bit, i think you could deal a bit more damage.
Could be, but this is going to be fire's supermassive card and I like it :P . It's not like this way makes absolutely no sense.

Wait, can I Rage Pot this until it reaches +100 dmg? (supposing I have a Red Nymph) Does Supermassive disallow you to target this creature with Rage Potion??
Because this card would turn every Rage Pot into a +6|toomuchhp creature, in a mono-element. I see it dangerous, but I may be wrong.
Not really overpowered IMO. Using rage potions as a damage increaser just isn't that great of a plan. Also, if you did, then one eruption would kill it.

Considering the sheer amount of quanta and turns that it requires to do such a combination, I wouldn't label it as outright OP. Nymph, Volcano, and the first rage pot use takes about 20 Fire quanta, which could have given you about 2 Dragons or 3+ Lava golems that are building up. It does have the theme of raging angels but in a mono, but it also has less diversity than raging angels does in cards accessed as well as in cost-effectiveness.

Also, note that even without the regeneration that as written it can erupt 'twice' consecutively. I'm not sure if this is intended.
Yes, you are supposed to be able to erupt 'twice' consecutively. It might not make total sense physically wise, but it makes the card more interesting. When you play it you automatically get one eruption unless the opponent has soft creature control. Then you get a second if they have zero creature control.

Not quite. The gravity supermassive won't have any attack so it starts out worse than titan, and it's still a 3 card combo. Instead of animate, titan, and overdrive, you need the gravity supermassive, unstoppable, and overdrive. And at 50 health vs the gravity supermassive's health, there's no difference. Also, the gravity supermassive will cost more than a titan so overall using overdrive on these will be worse than on a titan or other high hp card (colossal dragon, or even elite charger, for instance).

blarg: