*Author

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg63521#msg63521
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 08:22:27 pm »
Though it may be altering the card far to much, I would personally change the card such that it is of either the  :air or  :darkness element and have its effect be:

Invisibility
Conceal all friendly creatures, all friendly creatures then randomly swap places with each other. When a new creature is played, Invisibility is activated again, but its countdown is unaffected.

*Conceal would be a passive ability. When a card is concealed, it is targetable but cannot be seen by the enemy. After being targeted, it is revealed and affected by whatever is targeting the card unless it is revealed and is untargetable.

It should allow targetable creatures to be targeted, but their identities left unknown, making a Reverse Time, a Thunderbolt, or a Congeal possibly ill-chosen. This would mean serious reworking of AIs.

Perhaps however damage order may give away position. Is damage inflicted in order of play timeline or by field position? If it is by field position, then this idea is kind of flimsy, more so when played against the pros.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Kael Hate

Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg66362#msg66362
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 04:43:19 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
- I am concerned about the effects this card would have on the PVP environment. Already there is a considerable issue with players believing their opponent is cheating when playing Fractal and the issues that occur with Desync. I can only see effects like this exacerbating the problem and causing persons to become disheartened with the game.

- Is there a requirement that the Creature markers be hidden? Could not the same effect be given by simply stating that all creatures you control may not be chosen as a target while veil is in play? In this way the confusion is not caused and you can still expect your creatures to be killed by Rain of Fire or Plague.

wizelsnarf

Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg69678#msg69678
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »
Kael,

I hear and agree with your concerns.

I think keeping a placemarker for the card would be fine. Either as a blank card or as a card that has a 50% opacity shadow type thing over it.

I will change that in the description. Also it seems like people want this card to be a darkness card (to keep with elements culture...) I will update the card to reflect that.

Lanidrak

Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg70048#msg70048
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 01:36:07 pm »
Oh, so now we're ready to have a full blown Invisibility debate... :p

dekskose

Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg70125#msg70125
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »
nah i think if you take out the invincible think its 100% not op isnce you would need to  wait 3 turns to usr a Rof and dont forget that darknes creatures in normal are pretty weak devourer down iwth a Rof minor vampire down with a Rof only dragons survives there

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1135531#msg1135531
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
It seems like this old card been lost in the sea of ideas. Thank you ji412jo for noticing!

Welcome into the game cloak I hope you will be well used and beloved by many players.!
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1135543#msg1135543
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 09:29:29 pm »
It seems like this old card been lost in the sea of ideas. Thank you ji412jo for noticing!

Welcome into the game cloak I hope you will be well used and beloved by many players.!

Congratz for spoiling the subject of WitD's FBrawl Final Round Boss Task!
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline MasN

• Reputation Power: 3
  • MasN is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Intrinskly Prismatic
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1135550#msg1135550
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »
wait what?

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1135553#msg1135553
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1135749#msg1135749
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 10:51:32 am »

Congratz for spoiling the subject of WitD's FBrawl Final Round Boss Task!
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

haha, in fact i hadnt even thought of it. I've been wishing to tell blacksmith to move it since i noticed it was there, in the UP task.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1168475#msg1168475
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 12:43:00 am »

This Cloak idea was known at the time of Cloak's release in game, but it wasn't already here for a reason - the Reliquary was supposed to be reserved for cards that provided inspiration to Zanz, and he stated this idea did not.

[00:08:20] Kuroaitou: @zanz: Was cloak inspired by any card found on the forum Zanz? ^^; Just curious.
[00:08:41] zanzarino: [inserted @ Malduk ] No issue i just need to create the art and the code
[00:09:04] zanzarino: Kuro: no, I had cloak in my list of card to create for a long long time

Source - Kuro asked because he was Curator at the time and moving to the Reliquary would have been his responsibility.

If you leave it here, at least update this thread with it.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Veil | Cloak https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6037.msg1168563#msg1168563
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

This Cloak idea was known at the time of Cloak's release in game, but it wasn't already here for a reason - the Reliquary was supposed to be reserved for cards that provided inspiration to Zanz, and he stated this idea did not.

[00:08:20] Kuroaitou: @zanz: Was cloak inspired by any card found on the forum Zanz? ^^; Just curious.
[00:08:41] zanzarino: [inserted @ Malduk ] No issue i just need to create the art and the code
[00:09:04] zanzarino: Kuro: no, I had cloak in my list of card to create for a long long time

Source - Kuro asked because he was Curator at the time and moving to the Reliquary would have been his responsibility.

If you leave it here, at least update this thread with it.
Okay. Seems accurate. I move it back. Thank you for info!
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

anything
blarg: