*Author

Offline HelstonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Flourishing Garden | Flourishing Ecosystem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47454.msg1048376#msg1048376
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:09 pm »
NAME:
Flourishing Garden
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Integrate Nutrients:
Absorb 1 random non-life quanta to create a pillar of that element.
NAME:
Flourishing Ecosystem
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :rainbow
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:life : Assimilate Nutrients
Absorb 1 random non-life quanta to create an Emerald Pillar.

ART:
Emerald Tiger (Source)
IDEA:
Helston
NOTES:
Woah, I've posted my second actual card within a week after the first!

This takes up the idea of plants (or whatever else lives in the ground) learning over time to feed on whatever they happen to find in the soil. The unupgraded version assumes that the plant will adapt to its food source by producing a different type of quantum. The upgraded version is a more aggressive form of natural selection, where the plant takes in anything and makes it into more of itself.

Life doesn't form many strong synergies, but can duo up with just about anything without too much fuss. This continues that trend, giving it two very different forms of adaptability.
SERIES:
[15:02:07] Jocko [»] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Flourishing Garden | Flourishing Ecosystem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47454.msg1048415#msg1048415
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:57:59 pm »
If not for the RNG involved, I'd like this card even more. Nice theme!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Flourishing Garden | Flourishing Ecosystem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47454.msg1048469#msg1048469
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »
I think it would be cool to incorporate :earth somehow. It would fit well with the garden theme.

It would definitely make a very valuable card in multi-element decks. If the player had control over which element gets absorbed it could be extremely useful for stabilizing off element quanta production.

Very cool.

P.S. I have an old artwork image you can use if you'ld like to use it as art:

... I still have the 3D models so I could even modify and re-render it if you want.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:47:07 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline HelstonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Flourishing Garden | Flourishing Ecosystem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47454.msg1050007#msg1050007
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:23 pm »
I sort of assumed it'd be impossible to target quanta pools, but I guess it'd doable. I'll probably submit it to the crucible as-is, but I'll look into how targeting would change it (might require a cost on the unupped version [either :earth which steers it towards rainbows and Earth/Life duos, or :life which would steer it towards Life duos in general], not sure if it'd be worthwhile at all on the upped version).

Also, I like that art a lot, Odin. At first I wasn't keen on it, but it looks like the surroundings are creating a pillar there, which is exactly what this card is doing. If I could get a version with the blue, pillar-esque thing in Life green for the upgraded version, and maybe the unupped in Death purple or Gravity orange for a little more contrast, it'd be just about perfect.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:05:00 pm by Helston »
[15:02:07] Jocko [»] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Flourishing Garden | Flourishing Ecosystem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47454.msg1050066#msg1050066
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »
I sort of assumed it'd be impossible to target quanta pools, but I guess it'd doable. I'll probably submit it to the crucible as-is, but I'll look into how targeting would change it (might require a cost on the unupped version [either :earth which steers it towards rainbows and Earth/Life duos, or :life which would steer it towards Life duos in general], not sure if it'd be worthwhile at all on the upped version).

Also, I like that art a lot, Odin. At first I wasn't keen on it, but it looks like the surroundings are creating a pillar there, which is exactly what this card is doing. If I could get a version with the blue, pillar-esque thing in Life green for the upgraded version, and maybe the unupped in Death purple or Gravity orange for a little more contrast, it'd be just about perfect.
No prob... I'll see what I can do.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

anything
blarg: