*Author

Offline ArumTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479581#msg479581
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:10 am »
NAME:
Time Blur
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
6 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
All time and entropy creatures speed up a turn every other turn.
NAME:
Time Blur
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
5 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
All time and entropy creatures speed up a turn every other turn.

ART:
Arum
IDEA:
Arum
NOTES:
This is difficult to explain, but I'll try.

Turn 1: GoTP Attacks once.
Turn 2:GoTP attacks twice
Turn 3:GoTP attacks twice
Turn 4:GoTP attacks thrice.
Turn 8:GoTP attacks 6 times.
Turn 16: GoTP attacks 12 times.

This becomes fast over time, but shield effects and poison take the toll on the creature. Basically, it just speeds up the creature over time. The attacks follow suit of that of adrenaline.
Also, does not stack.
SERIES:
None.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:46:47 pm by Arum »
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline storyteller

• Reputation Power: 16
  • storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.storyteller is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • a very old soul
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479656#msg479656
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:39 am »
pretty over powered. might consider giving Adrenaline to everything while in play with an upkeep.

Offline Vendanna

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Vendanna is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479701#msg479701
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:12:28 am »
pretty over powered. might consider giving Adrenaline to everything while in play with an upkeep.

Is not that it is overpowered, is that it only cost twice as adrenaline to affect everything in play (in the deck where you are going to use it) and that as a permanent it will kick in with more copies of it in play (with two if affects twice).

just from the start, this thing is stronger than the Air spell that doubles the attack of every flying creature (which also consumes all the air quanta) so this would require a serious tone down.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479785#msg479785
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »
This is definitely OP if you compare it to adrenaline. The doubling of attack numbers regardless of damage being dealt will quickly overshadow adrenaline, even if this were a single target. This card is affecting ALL time and entropy creatures. Now granted, that COULD be a double edge sword... but that is assuming your opponent is using entropy and / or time.

My opinion for balance:
-Make it affect all creatures
-Only add a single extra attack each time nstead of doubling number of attacks. <- this is probably most important
-Possibly need to scale down damage of subsequent attacks to keep in balance with adrenaline
-Raise cost or add an upkeep

Not all of those necessarily need to be done, but as it is its just too big of a bump for time for the cost of playing it.

That said, I do like the overall concept. I just think you will need to work at balancing it out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:07:55 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479951#msg479951
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:11 am »
This is definitely OP if you compare it to adrenaline. The doubling of attack numbers regardless of damage being dealt will quickly overshadow adrenaline, even if this were a single target. This card is affecting ALL time and entropy creatures. Now granted, that COULD be a double edge sword... but that is assuming your opponent is using entropy and / or time.

My opinion for balance:
-Make it affect all creatures
-Only add a single extra attack each time nstead of doubling number of attacks. <- this is probably most important
-Possibly need to scale down damage of subsequent attacks to keep in balance with adrenaline
-Raise cost or add an upkeep

Not all of those necessarily need to be done, but as it is its just too big of a bump for time for the cost of playing it.

That said, I do like the overall concept. I just think you will need to work at balancing it out.
It already just adds 1 more attack after every other round. Doesn't any fully read the notes?
Also scales down like adrenaline. I don't get why all are saying "TOO OP! GTFO NOOB!"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:25:48 am by Arum »
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479957#msg479957
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:22:01 am »
Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I missed the change in round numbers. My bad.
This is still a bit too heavy of an effect since more often than not, your opponent will not have time or entropy creatures of their own. This could snowball very fast in conjunction with fractal or mitosis...or pharaohs
If it either affected all creatures regardless of color or only affected a single targeted creature each round it wouldn't be so much of a problem

Personally, I would say to have it affect all creatures in play. This works out very well in synergy with reverse time and eternity.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479959#msg479959
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 12:25:10 am »
Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I missed the change in round numbers. My bad.
This is still a bit too heavy of an effect since more often than not, your opponent will not have time or entropy creatures of their own. This could snowball very fast in conjunction with fractal or mitosis...or pharaohs
If it either affected all creatures regardless of color or only affected a single targeted creature each round it wouldn't be so much of a problem

Personally, I would say to have it affect all creatures in play. This works out very well in synergy with reverse time and eternity.
I could make It do that, but then it'd be OP. time/entropy creatures only on either side of the field.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg479994#msg479994
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 01:18:57 am »
Way overpowered, and way too favoring two elements.

Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg480038#msg480038
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:07 am »
I based this off nightfall. That favors two elements as well. Whats wrong with that? Iofc can raise the cost to 9-8.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg480044#msg480044
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 02:21:48 am »
I based this off nightfall. That favors two elements as well. Whats wrong with that? Iofc can raise the cost to 9-8.
>basing off nightfall.
Since when did +1|+1 equate to doubling and tripling attack? I'm sure because nearly every single time and entropy creature getting double and triple attacks is the exact same thing as +1|+1 to stats.

Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg480047#msg480047
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 02:24:09 am »
>basing off nightfall.
Since when did +1|+1 equate to doubling and tripling attack? I'm sure because nearly every single time and entropy creature getting double and triple attacks is the exact same thing as +1|+1 to stats.
Its a field effect BASED off nightfall. Also, this takes time to really accumulate. Besides, I doubt that games will last for more than 25 games at most. Also, the attacks scale down a lot, like adrenaline, and the rest of the attacks are 1, 1, 1,1, etc.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Time Blur|Time Blur https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38503.msg480048#msg480048
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:28 am »
You have never stated that in the OP.
EDIT: Still not sure about balance, especially combined with quint, SoP, and sundial, potentially making OTK or very powerful attacks.

anything
blarg: