*Author

Offline Drake_XIVTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg453939#msg453939
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:39:48 pm »
I agree that it can be seen as :time , but I'd like to see some "time" manipulation outside of :time .

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg453946#msg453946
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »
I agree that it can be seen as :time , but I'd like to see some "time" manipulation outside of :time .
That's honestly just ruining the game
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg453949#msg453949
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:52:00 pm »
I see it more like a  :time effect.
Gaining  :time quanta as a bonus of playing this card might as well be good... Perfect synergy with dune scorpions.

I'm not in favor of trying to force synergy with this card, be it with quanta generation or getting Nightfall | Eclipse.  I have worded so that if it ever would be used, it'd just be versatile without being overpowered, or basically Silence + Sundial. 
Oh well... usually new cards that are added to the game are meant to synergise (some may be obvious and some may not) with existing cards to affect the meta.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg454076#msg454076
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
Sundown? Why is it :light? Seems to be more like :time or :darkness. I'd personally prefer it to be darkness since having it be time or light seems way too similar to sundial.

Another turn https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg454455#msg454455
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »
I perfer lights' indirect way of control, then darkness' manipulation for this card.
If it was time, it would interfere with sundial. If it was darkness, it would interfere with cloak. Becuase it's light, there is no problem.

By creature effects, this would mean you can't use the ability again I assume? And graveyard would still bring only one to the field? Acceleration would give an additional +2/-1

One thing I don't like is that it's too situational. It only it had something more but simple like gaining 10HP

Offline Anarook

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Spends more time forum trolling than ingame.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg454458#msg454458
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
Join us as we work to rebuild the CIA section of the forums and work together to improve ETG.
http://sync.in/CCC

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg454686#msg454686
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 06:57:13 am »
Quote from: LittleFoxFighter
I perfer lights' indirect way of control, then darkness' manipulation for this card.
If it was time, it would interfere with sundial. If it was darkness, it would interfere with cloak. Becuase it's light, there is no problem.

By creature effects, this would mean you can't use the ability again I assume? And graveyard would still bring only one to the field? Acceleration would give an additional +2/-1

One thing I don't like is that it's too situational. It only it had something more but simple like gaining 10HP
Yes, I mean creatures' abilities will not be reusable even after playing Sundown/Sunset.  That includes "passive" active abilities, such as Bioluminescence and Acceleration.  However, I don't get what you mean in reference to Graveyard.  There isn't really any turn-based mechanic related to it.

As for the healing, I don't think so, since Light already has so much healing.

Quote from: Anarook
Fast Forward
idea taken.
I'm sorry, I seen that.  I'll be more cautious about repetition and redundancy in later submissions.

In my defense, if it means anything, there are some subtle differences, albeit small.

Offline Anarook

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Spends more time forum trolling than ingame.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg454982#msg454982
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:43:37 pm »
No harm done, I've had my share of the same situation.
The differences are far too minor though.
Join us as we work to rebuild the CIA section of the forums and work together to improve ETG.
http://sync.in/CCC

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg455020#msg455020
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:42 pm »
I can't really get away by saying it's a  :light version, huh?

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Sundown | Sunset https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36083.msg455432#msg455432
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »
This is pretty good. The Nightfall/Eclipse bit I'm not sure about because if you put that in, then Nightfall/Eclipse will have to generate one of these when destroyed. Plus you'd have to put it on a time limit so it destroys itself after so many turns.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

anything
blarg: