*Author

Lanidrak

Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg30818#msg30818
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 02:13:54 am »
The idea of a growing malignant cell seems to linger here...

Blood shadows version:

When your stranglet becomes a 5/5.. That's 7 :entropy and another 4 :entropy for using its turn. It will have a 50% chance to kill itself? Major weakness. It doesn't even offer good enough creature control to warrant this high chance self-destruction. -1/-1 each turn from a 'random' creature, that's like sneezing on a Colossal Dragon. And now, I read the bit that says 'deals 2x damage to your opponent when it dies'... Okay getting better... But, is the damage done to your opponent like a Spell or as Creature Damage? Ie. Will a reflective shield reflect the damage? Or will it be absorbed by a Bone Wall?

With your last bit included (the deal 2x damage on death) makes it a bit overpowered. But, at a cost of 7 :entropy and then a further 5 turns of waiting and spending :entropy just for a 50% chance to deal 10 damage to your opponent? Nahhh :)

BobCamels idea:

So, when a creature dies a stranglet is put in its place? Then your opponent will have Stranglets too? Okay, better. If my opponent has any source of Entropy Quanta though, I'm a bit buggered. As for the 'Stat Boost'... way too powerful... Besides, no-one would even cast a damage effect on a Stranglet because they'd know it will just make it stronger until end of turn... Just make it immortal? Then we have a aflatoxin/board-spamming creature that also does creature control and cannot be removed at all?

Errrrp...

Sorry for all the negativity, I just don't see any room in elements for a card like this... Especially when we have Aflatoxin/Malignant cell already.

As for my first comment about growing malginant cells... I suggested a while ago that Malignant Cells gain an ability for :darkness :darkness (or :death :death) to sacrifice Cell to give +1/+1 to another Cell. This way you can fill your board and have a growing element added. Which to me, is what this idea sounds like it is trying to achieve. By combining Growth and a duplication/multiplication effect like Malignant Cells.. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg30937#msg30937
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:50 am »
at least the malignant cell spam can be wiped out with a thunder storm or rain of fire, or care full planning/ eating

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg30943#msg30943
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:41 am »
Not killable. Whatever you throw at it, it'll just absorb it.
If it absorbs matter, anti-matter would kill it. So cast anti-matter on it or having it "absorb" an AMed creature and it goes poof.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg30949#msg30949
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 07:23:38 am »
This is just the first incarnation of Aflatoxin on a permanent. (Aflatoxin used to read "turn target creature into a malignant cell.")

Lanidrak

Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg31021#msg31021
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 03:33:41 pm »
Not killable. Whatever you throw at it, it'll just absorb it.
If it absorbs matter, anti-matter would kill it. So cast anti-matter on it or having it "absorb" an AMed creature and it goes poof.
Well, Anti-matter is much better put to work on a high-offence creature, or something that has been growing to say 32/32... To use (what I think is the most powerful creature control in the game) Antimatter just for the sake of removing a creature... Nah :)

Offline tyranimTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: strange matter/stranglet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3455.msg31168#msg31168
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 10:08:06 pm »
this is another possibility

strange matter (X quanta to play from hand)(self destructs for 1 time quantum) spawns a stranglet

stranglet can target a creature for 1 death quantum to poison (not stackable) and puts a strange marker on creature) OR targets another stranglet to spawn another stranglet for free on the side the targeted stranglet is. all of this is once per turn of course.

better than the original effect? or worse?
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

blarg: