*Author

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432539#msg432539
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41:25 am »
I think the rule is 1 active 1 pasive ability, so youre a bit out of luck with this one. still cool idea, cant wait to see the rest of your series
Counterpoint: Devourer/scarab.

Moving on, I think it's kinda UP since it only lasts 5 turns.
I agree it would be UP if you're not basing a deck off of it and bonewall. But since it's made to be able to be competitive, I don't see it as UP.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432553#msg432553
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 01:07:26 am »
Nice! Excellent idea about supermassive creatures.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432610#msg432610
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:48 am »
sidetracking to an adjacent convo in this thread- any card can have unlimited passives, they do not have a conflict in the coding.  active abilities (even ones which dont require activation to use, its a bit of a misnomer, but still) can only have one per card
moose dont say moo.

Ekki

Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432616#msg432616
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 02:27:05 am »
sidetracking to an adjacent convo in this thread- any card can have unlimited passives, they do not have a conflict in the coding.  active abilities (even ones which dont require activation to use, its a bit of a misnomer, but still) can only have one per card
While this is true, it's highly recommended to give each creature 1 passive ability max (with the exception of Airborne, for the reason I stated before), mostly because 2 simple -not meaning vanilla- creatures are better for the game than 1 complex one.
I still like this card, but I would like it to have only one passive skill.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432622#msg432622
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:30:58 am »
i agree to an extent, but i think i am open to exceptions which are in some way interesting to combine together, fit inside a single element (maybe if it is a duo card with an active ability, but this is getting a bit wishy washy if so) and work flawlessly with the cards theme.
moose dont say moo.

Ekki

Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432626#msg432626
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:34:42 am »
i agree to an extent, but i think i am open to exceptions which are in some way interesting to combine together, fit inside a single element (maybe if it is a duo card with an active ability, but this is getting a bit wishy washy if so) and work flawlessly with the cards theme.
Well, I also agree that exceptions could (and will) exist. Actually, I wouldn't complain if 'Supermassive' turned out to be like 'Airborne', given that any big enough creature should have it (as any creature that should fly has Airborne).

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432631#msg432631
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:50:37 am »
Supermassive in not needed provided the hp and poison were recalibrated to 15hp and gaining 1 poison per turn.

Obviously a card effect is not a good fit with Supermassive if the card could be improved by removing Supermassive.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

PuppyChow

Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432649#msg432649
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 04:04:51 am »
Supermassive in not needed provided the hp and poison were recalibrated to 15hp and gaining 1 poison per turn.

Obviously a card effect is not a good fit with Supermassive if the card could be improved by removing Supermassive.
It wouldn't really be improved -- if it was recalibrated to that, who in their right minds would make a gravity duo to catapult it? Who would gravity force it? Who would use chimera with it and have it matter?

All the extra hp does is make it look cooler and more fun. Which is fine by me. A couple of the supermassive creatures will be like that -- creatures that could be scaled down, but it just wouldn't be as fun.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432650#msg432650
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 04:12:19 am »

It wouldn't really be improved -- if it was recalibrated to that, who in their right minds would make a gravity duo to catapult it? Who would gravity force it? Who would use chimera with it and have it matter?

All the extra hp does is make it look cooler and more fun. Which is fine by me. A couple of the supermassive creatures will be like that -- creatures that could be scaled down, but it just wouldn't be as fun.
I actually would enjoy the balanced poisonous catapult deck that would result from the recalibration. (5 poison)

I question why you have become so used to 15, 25 and 30 hp that you feel 75 hp is required to give it that cool Gravity style "Massive" effect.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432656#msg432656
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 04:23:37 am »
Well, it actually gives it a bit of CC after a few turns of poison. If it had 15 hp and 1 poison per turn, it would become fragile after a few turns.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432659#msg432659
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 04:27:00 am »
odd to think that this card would work amazingly well in a gravity/death duo by placing gravity pull on this thing, would be more effective that the established gravity creatures whose sole job is a similar niche
moose dont say moo.

PuppyChow

Re: Skelesaurus | Skelesaurus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34289.msg432669#msg432669
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 04:35:06 am »

I actually would enjoy the balanced poisonous catapult deck that would result from the recalibration. (5 poison)

I question why you have become so used to 15, 25 and 30 hp that you feel 75 hp is required to give it that cool Gravity style "Massive" effect.

Balanced poisonous catapult deck? Um... Well, it might be a bit of fun, but you could have just as much fun catapulting a steam engine and it'd make about as much sense, if not more, since the steam engine's attack would grow faster if you somehow worked fire in, it's way cheaper than a skelosaurus would be, and you wouldn't have to catapult it on the first or second turn it comes into play to get the maximum damage out of it. For this one, there is absolutely zero point to scaling it down and taking off supermassive other than because you could. And like Jocko said, at 1 poison per turn and 15 hp, it would eventually get down to a low enough health that hard CC would have an effect. In the current version, even the turn before it dies from the poison, it will have 30 hp.

Why more than 15, 25, and 30? Because I feel like the majority of these cards are a bit more sturdy than an armajio. Take a volcano, for instance.

odd to think that this card would work amazingly well in a gravity/death duo by placing gravity pull on this thing, would be more effective that the established gravity creatures whose sole job is a similar niche
Again, supermassive. No gravity pull.

blarg: