*Author

Offline Seiya

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Seiya is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281501#msg281501
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:49:14 am »
Am I the only one who believes that the :air ability is weak?

A way to get around the auto kill of the :death one is sacrificing one of your creatures to deal 1.5 or twice as much damage to a creature of your opponent.  That's a little less OP but OP nonetheless. 

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281547#msg281547
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 07:01:39 am »
Sorry but this is broken/OP/too much.
The idea of the spell changing with the mark sounds good anyways, so I say you should just tweak it.

:aether looks well, I like it. Mass quint was too much, specially thinking that you only need the  :aether mark and 7|6  :rainbow to quint a whole field. Fortunately changed.
 :air LOOKS balanced, but this way you can buff a Crimson Dragon with the mark, or even add Sky Blitz for a whooping 60 damage. I know it's a long combo, that the Dragon is too weak and that stuff, but it shouldn't be ignored, stuff like this make a card go broken. I like the effect nontheless, maybe could have something to do with missing attacks and that stuff.
 :darkness dunno. Looks well, but... dunno. Next!
 :death wait, so you play plague and this in a mummy (no RT) and you have renewable autokill in a Mono? Looks bad, OP to me.
 :earth just evil. Imagine an immaterial diamond shield with 4 defence. In a mono. Maybe broken, just maybe. Momentum and poison are counters, but there's just one shield with 3 defence for some reason. I guess more (and immaterial, in a mono) may be too much. I like the +1 in defence anyways.
 :entropy plain, simple, entropic... yeah, it fits. I'd like something more creative but meh... Sometimes "simple=better" :D the only thing that makes me doubt is how in the name of Zanz you would choose your mark.
 :fire looks like a counter to itself. What would happen if you play the card and you don't have a mark? Whatever, I don't like messing up with marks. They're supposed to be untouchable, so I guess I disagree with this one, but it's just a feeling.
 :gravity tricky, good for fractal chargers (with mark of Gravity), dunno, looks like good.
 :life makes sense, but you should tell what kind of creatures would it breed (from the same element/s of the parents, any element, only from Life). All in all I like it.
 :light so it's a mass Chaos Seed? Or only similar to it? May be balanced, but buffing an entire army of fractalled RoL's sounds disturbing, even though the mark should be  :light.
 :time I don't have a clue of how you will choose the cards, see them or whatever but sounds like a crapload of coding, so I recommend it should be reworked.
 :water mass freeze? Maybe it's too much, maybe not. But looks kinda OP. It's like a diss shield that turns Shockwave into instakill. Maybe it could add something freezy to a shield/weapon/creature instead.

Huh, it's over :D this will need lots of thinking, and as most of the ideas are already complex, it'll be even more thinking...

Offline Seiya

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Seiya is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281551#msg281551
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 07:09:56 am »
Btw, forgot to say: if you want to keep the OP effects, then you need a higher card cost and a drain all quanta clause.  As it stands right now, three Quantum Towers can power these spells every turn.

HeartNotes

Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281615#msg281615
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 11:38:38 am »
While, I like the idea of this, having to look up the ability every time you change your mark would be a pain and it seems pretty hard to balance... ::)

Quanta production (like a mark, but as a one-time effect, like Nova) might be more easily understood.

Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281622#msg281622
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:13:56 pm »
Sorry but this is broken/OP/too much.
The idea of the spell changing with the mark sounds good anyways, so I say you should just tweak it.

:aether looks well, I like it. Mass quint was too much, specially thinking that you only need the  :aether mark and 7|6  :rainbow to quint a whole field. Fortunately changed.
 :air LOOKS balanced, but this way you can buff a Crimson Dragon with the mark, or even add Sky Blitz for a whooping 60 damage. I know it's a long combo, that the Dragon is too weak and that stuff, but it shouldn't be ignored, stuff like this make a card go broken. I like the effect nontheless, maybe could have something to do with missing attacks and that stuff.
 :darkness dunno. Looks well, but... dunno. Next!
 :death wait, so you play plague and this in a mummy (no RT) and you have renewable autokill in a Mono? Looks bad, OP to me.
 :earth just evil. Imagine an immaterial diamond shield with 4 defence. In a mono. Maybe broken, just maybe. Momentum and poison are counters, but there's just one shield with 3 defence for some reason. I guess more (and immaterial, in a mono) may be too much. I like the +1 in defence anyways.
 :entropy plain, simple, entropic... yeah, it fits. I'd like something more creative but meh... Sometimes "simple=better" :D the only thing that makes me doubt is how in the name of Zanz you would choose your mark.
 :fire looks like a counter to itself. What would happen if you play the card and you don't have a mark? Whatever, I don't like messing up with marks. They're supposed to be untouchable, so I guess I disagree with this one, but it's just a feeling.
 :gravity tricky, good for fractal chargers (with mark of Gravity), dunno, looks like good.
 :life makes sense, but you should tell what kind of creatures would it breed (from the same element/s of the parents, any element, only from Life). All in all I like it.
 :light so it's a mass Chaos Seed? Or only similar to it? May be balanced, but buffing an entire army of fractalled RoL's sounds disturbing, even though the mark should be  :light.
 :time I don't have a clue of how you will choose the cards, see them or whatever but sounds like a crapload of coding, so I recommend it should be reworked.
 :water mass freeze? Maybe it's too much, maybe not. But looks kinda OP. It's like a diss shield that turns Shockwave into instakill. Maybe it could add something freezy to a shield/weapon/creature instead.

Huh, it's over :D this will need lots of thinking, and as most of the ideas are already complex, it'll be even more thinking...
I designed the effects to base off which elements are stronger and which are weaker
water has been noted to be UP, which is why it gets such an effect
fire and entropy get not as good abilities

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281873#msg281873
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
I designed the effects to base off which elements are stronger and which are weaker
water has been noted to be UP, which is why it gets such an effect
fire and entropy get not as good abilities
Oh, it's better then. But still, this doesn't relies on an element, it relies on a mark. So you could just go mono on other element and use an "OP" ability, and the fact that it costs  :rainbow doesn't help. This can be seen in  :air's effect. You could use it to buff a Crimson Dragon, or a Phoenix (if its Dive is passive, it will still reborn).

BTW, the Plague+Mummy (any death creature)+Coup de Grace combo... It's just too much. You could even splash death quanta for the Plagues into another deck and use this to turn your creatures into insta-killers, not to mention using it along with fire shield.

Also, I recommend you try to explain the mechanism behind  :time and  :life, and what would happen if you play this without having a mark (due to  :fire's spell).

Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281881#msg281881
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 08:26:23 pm »
without a mark = random effects
time will be changed (along with some other mechanics, and art, as soon as my friend finished her drawing...)
life is as it is, for every 3 creatures you summon (from your hand, not by FFQ or something), you gain another random creature (random creature can be from any element except death, and can't be steam machine)
so... u think coup de grace is OP because it's got good synergy with plague and fire shield?
*cough cough*
maxwell, otyugh...
are they OP? keep in mind this is a two card combo too...

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281898#msg281898
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »
without a mark = random effects
time will be changed (along with some other mechanics, and art, as soon as my friend finished her drawing...)
life is as it is, for every 3 creatures you summon (from your hand, not by FFQ or something), you gain another random creature (random creature can be from any element except death, and can't be steam machine)
so... u think coup de grace is OP because it's got good synergy with plague and fire shield?
*cough cough*
maxwell, otyugh...
are they OP? keep in mind this is a two card combo too...
Maxwell only kills creatures with hp lower than its attack and Otyugh creatures with lower hp than him.
This kills ANYTHING that received damage, and in an element with an AoE skill. So you'll kill some creatures with Plague while your creatures keep on killing bigger ones (growing, high hp creatures).
OP cards can have good synergies, the fact that it has synergy is what makes it OP, actually. You have a creature that is semi-immune to RT, and an AoE spell in a mono, and you can have 6 of this spell in your deck. It's too much to me, and will make things harder for future card designers (nerf to high-hp creatures).
Well, it obviously would need rework, but I like the idea all in all.

Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281903#msg281903
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »
I still don't find it OP...
maxwell can basically do the same, but without having to use a 7 :rainbow/6 :rainbow card
most damaged creatures can be killed by a maxwell easily...
and most damage creatures can be eaten by oty too....

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281948#msg281948
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:59 pm »
maxwell can basically do the same, but without having to use a 7 :rainbow/6 :rainbow card
The problem I see is that it is in a Mono Death deck. It's like having a buff in Time, so Dune Scorp, or the buff, or the combo would be OP.

Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281958#msg281958
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 10:01:15 pm »
The problem I see is that it is in a Mono Death deck. It's like having a buff in Time, so Dune Scorp, or the buff, or the combo would be OP.
that's pretty true, however, the set up in mono death takes forever... (by which, you are pretty much dead..)
for instant death to be of an advantage for :death, you must use boneyards, soul catchers, or bone walls
bone yards are not good (1/2 damage, really? with no mutation, rewind, or bonds? death has no PC, most shields nulls all the damage...)
soul catchers... yeah... no comment, pretty bad...
bone walls, in upped environment: say you use a 0-cost (breaking mono death, but w/e) creature like RoL, and then pay 7 :death (mono, so no other quanta), and then 5 :death (for bonewall), followed by 2 :death (for plague), then 2 :death per turn to use the ability
12 :death...
a 4-card combo...
yeah... not too effective... not too mention the 0-cost creature can be killed easily, sets you back even more, since you need to draw another creature, pay for, and another ancient power, and use it..
(don't get me started on unupped environment, where it's even harder...)

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Secret Power | Ancient Power https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21908.msg281996#msg281996
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:47 pm »
that's pretty true, however, the set up in mono death takes forever... (by which, you are pretty much dead..)
for instant death to be of an advantage for :death, you must use boneyards, soul catchers, or bone walls
bone yards are not good (1/2 damage, really? with no mutation, rewind, or bonds? death has no PC, most shields nulls all the damage...)
soul catchers... yeah... no comment, pretty bad...
bone walls, in upped environment: say you use a 0-cost (breaking mono death, but w/e) creature like RoL, and then pay 7 :death (mono, so no other quanta), and then 5 :death (for bonewall), followed by 2 :death (for plague), then 2 :death per turn to use the ability
12 :death...
a 4-card combo...
yeah... not too effective... not too mention the 0-cost creature can be killed easily, sets you back even more, since you need to draw another creature, pay for, and another ancient power, and use it..
(don't get me started on unupped environment, where it's even harder...)
Well, I didn't say that you should combine this with Graveyard, so it's a 3-card combo. What I don't like is that you'll end up with insta-kill on a stick. Now I believe it's more balanced than what I thought at first, but I still dislike how this turns into total control over any creature, and you could even repeat the combo (creature+spell) to kill 2 creatures per turn.
Maybe it's balanced, but I have my doubts.

blarg: