*Author

Flayne

Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg343897#msg343897
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »
NAME:
Regression
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Target creature is either placed in a 3 turn stasis or
turns into a Fate egg.
NAME:
Reversion
ELEMENT:
time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Target creature turns into an Elite Fate egg.
ART:
Art by Flayne
IDEA:
Flayne
NOTES:
Basically an indirectly more aggressive CC for time but also using the essence of Fate egg functions to become self beneficiary in the sense of gaining a better creature (eg,combo could = photon + these)
However I would say its use would be slightly more dominant for CC.
though unnupped will have a bit of a risk to put your own creature in a stasis instead of turning into a fate egg, so unupped is more essentially CC.
Open to comments/suggestions  :)  .
SERIES:

Smurrf

Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344144#msg344144
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:51:27 pm »
What chooses which effect the creature is placed in?  Random? Your creature vs opposing creature? AP/HP?

Flayne

Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344383#msg344383
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »
What chooses which effect the creature is placed in?  Random? Your creature vs opposing creature? AP/HP?
The same thing as unnupped Mutation which does "creature turns into abomination, dies or turns into a mutant"
So if we were to place those as percentages: theres a 33.3% chance to turn into abomination, or 33.3% chance into a mutant, or 33.3% to die.

Regression just has 2 possibilities, so it would be 50% VS 50%, i think its also like Permafrost shield where it says "might" it most probably means 50% chance, since it seems to be more succesful than fog shield which only has 40%.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344577#msg344577
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:56:33 pm »
The same thing as unnupped Mutation which does "creature turns into abomination, dies or turns into a mutant"
So if we were to place those as percentages: theres a 33.3% chance to turn into abomination, or 33.3% chance into a mutant, or 33.3% to die.

Regression just has 2 possibilities, so it would be 50% VS 50%, i think its also like Permafrost shield where it says "might" it most probably means 50% chance, since it seems to be more succesful than fog shield which only has 40%.
Actually, Mutation's probabilities are:

Quote from: Elements Wiki
- (50%) change it to an Abomination
- (40%) change it to a mutant
- (10%) kill
The card seems like a near-instakill, though - no time quantum and you've basically lost one of your creatures permanently if it becomes a Fate Egg. Perhaps have the opponent gain 1 :time, to give the Fate Egg a chance to rebirth?

Flayne

Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344654#msg344654
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »

Actually, Mutation's probabilities are:

Quote from: Elements Wiki
- (50%) change it to an Abomination
- (40%) change it to a mutant
- (10%) kill
The card seems like a near-instakill, though - no time quantum and you've basically lost one of your creatures permanently if it becomes a Fate Egg. Perhaps have the opponent gain 1 :time, to give the Fate Egg a chance to rebirth?
That just wrecks the essence of the card, If i were add the function you suggested, I would have to change it from being a spell to a creature with the ability so then CC essence is still dominant,

but I highly doubt this is OP because you can only use it 6 times as a spell.
I mean cmon, you have Maxwells demon that is instakill, freeze + shockwave, unupped mutation which has a chance
for insta kill,
and skull buckler chance despite it turing the creature into a skelly it still kills it anyway being able to trigger death effect permanents.

I would say that this card is more similar to skull buckler.

Think about it, How many decks are out there that use  :time? we have graboid rushes, rainbow decks, anydeck with Nova in it, any deck with hourglass.
I think Nova just about covers it alone.

Imagine if I use this (upped) on an opponents photon, it becomes Elite fate egg. Suddenly opponent uses nova on their turn and boom, you have an elite dragon against you or anything else.

The point is, the spell can easily backfire on you, especially upped version.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344762#msg344762
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:14 am »
But... why would you even use it on a Photon in the first place?

Also, what if I didn't run a :time deck? There are other popular decks out there that don't use time but have creatures - Adrenavamps, Accel Armagio, Pestosis, or CP Wyrms for example. The spell can't really backfire in that case - I could've just gotten rid of one of your major sources of healing or damage, and you can't get it back unless I use Discord.

Regarding your other references:
Maxwell's Demon takes Attack and HP into account. Shockwave + Freeze is two cards from different elements. Unupped Mutation is only 10%. Skull Buckler is repeatable, but can be countered by PC (which exists in the element it best counters) and high-HP creatures (similar to Maxwell's), and relies a little on the RNG, and the creatures that become Skeletons at least still have attack.

I don't see how 1 :time is that big a problem - use Pests or CC to follow up, and the creature is off the board anyways. It's just my  :electrum , and others may think differently.

Flayne

Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg344768#msg344768
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:20:29 am »
But... why would you even use it on a Photon in the first place?

Also, what if I didn't run a :time deck? There are other popular decks out there that don't use time but have creatures - Adrenavamps, Accel Armagio, Pestosis, or CP Wyrms for example. The spell can't really backfire in that case - I could've just gotten rid of one of your major sources of healing or damage, and you can't get it back unless I use Discord.

Regarding your other references:
Maxwell's Demon takes Attack and HP into account. Shockwave + Freeze is two cards from different elements. Unupped Mutation is only 10%. Skull Buckler is repeatable, but can be countered by PC (which exists in the element it best counters) and high-HP creatures (similar to Maxwell's), and relies a little on the RNG, and the creatures that become Skeletons at least still have attack.

I don't see how 1 :time is that big a problem - use Pests or CC to follow up, and the creature is off the board anyways. It's just my  :electrum , and others may think differently.
It doesn't matter what the other cards need, they are still instant kill mechanics, whether they have a low chance of occuring or need conditions.
But the difference between Maxwell's demon and this, is that maxwells can continuously be used, while this being a spell can only be used 6 times, and you'd still have to draw out all 6 if you want it to be effective.
However it can also help you with your own creatures as well, If the opponent does not draw out a creature and say uses BS on yours, you would most probably want to get ahead of your opponent in damage anyway, so you take a gamble and convert into an Elite Fate egg, having a pretty ok chance at getting something with good damage, thuse the cycle continues.
Thats how I see it.

However I would like to see what other people think, perhaps I could be missing something and it may really be OP.

Flayne

Re: Regression | Reversion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27058.msg346161#msg346161
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:12:56 am »
Any more comments before it goes to crucible?
I feel I haven't really received enough feedback on this card.

anything
blarg: