*Author

Offline bossitronTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • im a potato dont ask me anything
porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163475#msg1163475
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:06:35 pm »
NAME:
Porpoise
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
7 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
:entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy  Take a second turn. Can only be used once per turn. Quanta will not be generated this turn.
NAME:
Dolphin
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
6 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
:entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy  Take a second turn. Can only be used once per turn. Quanta will not be generated this turn.

ART:

IDEA:

NOTES:
I choose a dolphin for this card as dolphins are some of the most intelligent animals on the planet.

What is meant by once per turn is that the skill can only be used to get one extra turn even if you do have multiple dolphins on the field. when you take your second turn  your creatures will attack, your permanents will use their effects etc.

Quanta will not be generated on either turn.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:40:44 pm by bossitron »
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163477#msg1163477
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:17 pm »
Inb4 the rampant "It should be in time" commentary.
Whilst I would agree with it here, that comment gets annoying after a while -.-

... Well, do explain why taking second turns is water card with time entropy thematic.
(It's so ingrained into our heads. :/)

Also, this card is actually scarily OP. Double attacks, double quanta generation, all for a measly upkeep of 2 :entropy and an NT's worth of water?

...Errrg.

Although, bonus points for giving water a really strange dims counter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:14:25 pm by Frozengaia »

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163478#msg1163478
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »
must... resist... urge... to rant...

Okay, I'm done...

At any rate, I definitely agree with Frozengaia. Double turns is a pretty potent move. I think you need something a bit stronger than just preventing consecutive uses. An ability like this probably warrants (likely necessitates actually) the "one time only" mechanic.
I.e. you can only use this once per dolphin.

As for choice of theme...
I can kind of get the water part (controlling the flow of turns) ... but why :entropy ???
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163480#msg1163480
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:25:43 pm »
must... resist... urge... to rant...

Okay, I'm done...

At any rate, I definitely agree with Frozengaia. Double turns is a pretty potent move. I think you need something a bit stronger than just preventing consecutive uses. An ability like this probably warrants (likely necessitates actually) the "one time only" mechanic.
I.e. you can only use this once per dolphin.

As for choice of theme...
I can kind of get the water part (controlling the flow of turns) ... but why :entropy ???

because for some reason i associate  :entropy with intelligence seeing that  :entropy has all of the sciency type cards (scrodingers cat, Maxwells demon, etc.)

but yeah i really should alter it to like 6 quanta or something.

EDIT: also because  aether has silence and quintessence which essentially means 4 turns free forever (without fire shield) without a trio.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:35:58 pm by bossitron »
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163484#msg1163484
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 11:28:14 pm »
Hmm... I guess I see where you're going there... But the question is, how do you thematically connect the dolphin's intellect with being allowed to take a second turn?

Also, mental thematics tend to fall into :aether more than :entropy ... psion, mindgate, lobotomizers and flayers, shard of wisdom, etc.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163485#msg1163485
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:50 pm »
altered the card so that it is less OP.

and the reason that intelligent creatures could allow you to take a second turn is because the dolphin is  smart enough to take the turn FOR you if that makes any sense.
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163486#msg1163486
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:34:55 pm »
Making something cost more is not the best way to keep it balanced.

For example, I only need 3 entropy pillars and I can cast this consistently.
Which is only slightly harder than the mark and pillar I needed last time.

I would recommend removing a part of the extra turn:
Creatures don't deal damage on the extra turn, spells can't be cast on the extra turn, abilities can't be activated, skip the card draw, etc.

Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163488#msg1163488
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 11:43:01 pm »
Balanced it again. now you will not produce quanta on either turn. it actually makes sense thematically as the dolphin is taking the turn FOR you essentially so why would it know how to USE pillars anyway?
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163489#msg1163489
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »
Too easy with SoR?

Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163491#msg1163491
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:27 pm »
Even if used SoR this can only be used once per actual turn and quanta won't be generated because of the limits to the ability.

EDIT: i'll probably make it untargetable with SoR once i figure out how to put that all on one card   ?_?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:06:00 am by bossitron »
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163494#msg1163494
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 11:56:40 pm »
Because creatures attack both times, with SoR this is essentially a free sky blitz not limited to airborne creatures every turn.

Re: porpoise | dolphin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56401.msg1163496#msg1163496
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:28 pm »
i know that this has alot of balance issues but i can get to that in a bit.
CHAOS POWER GO!

anything
blarg: