*Author

prophious

Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378702#msg378702
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:19 pm »
OP in steal my idea page 37

pillar effects (should be all passive)

:fire : deal 1 damage to opponent per pillar up to 5 per turn with 25% chance to deal damage
:water : randomly freeze up to 3 creatures on opponents field at 35% chance(not stack-able)
:time : randomly cast reverse time on up to 2 creatures on opponents field at 25% chance(not stack-able)
:aether : randomly duplicate a non-flying weapon creature at 10% chance(not stack-able)
:darkness : drain 1 quanta from opponent per pillar up to 10(6 if there is a max) per turn with 25% chance to drain quanta
:light : heal 1 health per pillar per turn up to 5 health at 25% chance to heal, or randomly heal up to 3 of your creatures up to +5 health each at 20% chance (not stack-able)
:gravity : randomly add momentum to up to 3 of your creatures at 20% chance (not stack-able)
:entropy : randomly add up to 3 quanta to your pool from the cards in your hand (meaning if you have just 1 fire card in your hand, you would get up to 3 quanta of fire) at 20% per quanta per card in hand (not stack-able)
:air : randomly double the attack of up to 2 airborne creatures(allows to be further doubled with dive)at 25% chance (not stack-able)
:earth : randomly add 5 to max health(not healed) at 15% chance (not stack-able), or randomly cast plate armor to up to 3 of your creatures at 25% chance (not stack-able)
:life : heal yourself for 1 health per creature per pillar up to 5 creatures and 4 pillars (max would then be 20 per turn) with 20% chance to heal
:death : randomly poison opponent 2 points or up to 3 of opponents creatures for 1 point each at 25% chance (not stack-able)

and for quantum pillar will get a random effect but at 1/3 chance or max and with multiple quantum pillars ya might get all effects

entropy might be a little OP'ed... but this is just the base of the "pillar effects"

unknown if this will work in total, perhaps it could be as a second upgrade to cards or just included into the pillars themselves

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378705#msg378705
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »
Tbh some of those seem kind of OP for a pillar... such as the fire one, dealing up to 5 passive damage per turn might seem little, but in the end it can be effective and annoying. Same with the light pillar... I mean, healing yourself 1hp per pillars, up to 5hp is the same as having a SoG... I like the idea that pillars might have some sort of effect, but maybe tuned down quite a bit more. Nice thought though :)
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

prophious

Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378717#msg378717
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »
tbh i was trying to be conservative with the passive skills of pillars... but if they need a little tone down, perhaps ya could steer me in the right direction

Offline n00b

• n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378718#msg378718
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:58:41 pm »
Well the main concern probably would be going away from the pillar's true purpose, giving you quatum. Instead of that, people might add certain pillars just for there effects, like the healings of the Life and Light pillars, or the poison of the Death pillars.

As of how to tone them down, I don't know, but in my opinion, it'd probably be better if they stayed as is (giving you one quatum per pillar per turn)

prophious

Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378744#msg378744
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:07 pm »
updated the first post with chance to heal/drain quanta/deal damage, i was honestly thinking that it was small enough to not really make a difference but large enough to be something viable

perhaps we could have these as a free cast permanent that for most do not stack(and ofc have the 6 card limit and the only cards that would stack would be the ones that deal damage/heal/drain quanta

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378772#msg378772
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »
If a card does more than a pillar it needs to cost more than a pillar.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378775#msg378775
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:32 pm »
I think the abilities are fine, but the percentage needs to come way down. They should be probably around 5% of the time for any effect to happen. This gives each pillar a little boost without hurting the game or making any sort of other card obsolete.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline n00b

• Nom.
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378781#msg378781
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:38:48 pm »
I think the abilities are fine, but the percentage needs to come way down. They should be probably around 5% of the time for any effect to happen. This gives each pillar a little boost without hurting the game or making any sort of other card obsolete.
I agree, that'd make it more reasonable

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378785#msg378785
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:03:44 am »
you can probably turn some of these effects into creature abilities and/or permanents with abilities, based on pillar counts, and may make them more workable
moose dont say moo.

prophious

Re: Pillar Effects series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29764.msg378842#msg378842
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:54 am »
@moomoose, yea that might work... but i would guess it would be like a free cast creature or up to 3 cast of each quanta with abilities that are similar to what is posted above....

so ok i think i understand now what everyone is saying... 5%-10% chance for everything or just a 5% chance no matter if its upped or not?

imo 5% is like 1 out of 20 turns it activates... ofc mat will say is alot less often then that... as a chance every round to activate i think would come out to about 1 ever 45-50 turns... with a chance you could have it in as little as 10(?) turns from last one

you will see if the intention is to have it work about 1 out of 10 turns and no more then 1 out of 5 turns (mathematically) you would need about a 30%-35% chance

i'm sure someone will run the numbers on how often the ability will work at 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% and 35% unless you have it delay on when it will 100% chance work like work 1 time every 5 turns or what....

sorry for the ramble

blarg: