*Author

Offline GamerJLTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • GamerJL is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm a not known giver of fucks
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059329#msg1059329
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:52:08 pm »
NAME:
Persephone
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
2|10
TEXT:
Weapon : deals 2 damage at the end of every turn.
Generates healing from poison
NAME:
Persephone
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
3|10
TEXT:
Weapon : deals 3 damage at the end of every turn.
Generates healing from poison

ART:
NEED ART. supposed to look like a dagger of thorns and some dead leaves
IDEA:
Gamerjl
NOTES:
heals you for how much poison creatures in the field has.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:35:20 pm by GamerJL »
VIVA LA VISAYAS

Offline Anarook

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Anarook is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Spends more time forum trolling than ingame.
Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059351#msg1059351
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:11:05 am »
Awful lot of effects stacked on one card. See Occam's Razor.
and Persephone is a being  -more suited to a creature than a permanent-thematically unsound
Join us as we work to rebuild the CIA section of the forums and work together to improve ETG.
http://sync.in/CCC

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059368#msg1059368
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:36:04 am »
Interesting take on the mythology... I typically think of harvest and spring when I hear of Persephone. At first I thought this would be a :life card... but I realize I forgot that she also represents the other side of the cycle as well, which works under :death .

It would be really cool if you could tie those two together somehow...
Maybe have it increase damage when a creature is played and deal poison when one dies?
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059394#msg1059394
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:30:28 am »
Interesting take on the mythology... I typically think of harvest and spring when I hear of Persephone. At first I thought this would be a :life card... but I realize I forgot that she also represents the other side of the cycle as well, which works under :death .

It would be really cool if you could tie those two together somehow...
Maybe have it increase damage when a creature is played and deal poison when one dies?
great idea, i should add a life sprinkle on it
VIVA LA VISAYAS

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059571#msg1059571
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:13:01 pm »
Now that is actually a very interesting twist. It could potentially provide a very large amount of healing, although to do so easily, the enemy would need to have a lot of creatures in play.

It would be very fun in a plague + fractal retro-virus deck.

Don't forget to update the card text portion of the table now that you changed the card itself.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059978#msg1059978
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:27:45 am »
Now that is actually a very interesting twist. It could potentially provide a very large amount of healing, although to do so easily, the enemy would need to have a lot of creatures in play.

It would be very fun in a plague + fractal retro-virus deck.

Don't forget to update the card text portion of the table now that you changed the card itself.
Done and is there anything OP in the card?
VIVA LA VISAYAS

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059988#msg1059988
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59:52 am »
I think the wording of the healing part could be made a little clearer. Maybe something like:
"Weapon : deals 2 damage at the end of every turn.
Heals 1 hp for every poison counter on a creature in play."

As far as I can tell it should be pretty well balanced. It potentially allows some of the highest healing per turn in the game. However, since most creatures will only withstand more than one or two poison for a few turns before dying, it should be difficult enough to abuse.

Plague decks are obvious candidates for this card, although it may be possible to pull off a fun voodoo or even voodoopult type deck as well.

Just how much healing you will get out of one of these on average is actually very tricky to predict. I think play testing will probably be needed before we can really know for sure.

One odd question, how will purify status interact? Will it be subtracted or ignored ... or added as if it were regular poison? I can see pros and cons to whichever way you go.
If your zombie plan is

Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1059991#msg1059991
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:34 am »
I think the wording of the healing part could be made a little clearer. Maybe something like:
"Weapon : deals 2 damage at the end of every turn.
Heals 1 hp for every poison counter on a creature in play."

As far as I can tell it should be pretty well balanced. It potentially allows some of the highest healing per turn in the game. However, since most creatures will only withstand more than one or two poison for a few turns before dying, it should be difficult enough to abuse.

Plague decks are obvious candidates for this card, although it may be possible to pull off a fun voodoo or even voodoopult type deck as well.

Just how much healing you will get out of one of these on average is actually very tricky to predict. I think play testing will probably be needed before we can really know for sure.

One odd question, how will purify status interact? Will it be subtracted or ignored ... or added as if it were regular poison? I can see pros and cons to whichever way you go.
I think purify would be better if it were ignored. if it reduces healing, it will make a great difference.
thanks for helping though
VIVA LA VISAYAS

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Persephone | Persephone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48449.msg1060042#msg1060042
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:32:48 am »
Yes too confusing as is.

It's probably too specific for a weapon. The other weapons effects are much less situational. Again not worth making weapon card ideas imo.

Also healing+death is kinda weird ignoring sosac.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

blarg: