*Author

ScytherLoL

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg24080#msg24080
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:17 pm »
Yeah I suppose it is but we can always try out a few at a time. At the end of the day if we concentrated on 3 new cards with synergy and did the elements slowly starting with the ones that suffer most in monos then it could be done.

Just an idea anyway. And as it stands would be fun to see where it goes.

Thanks

Scyther

The_Aegis

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25064#msg25064
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:04 am »
WE are the elementals. The players.

Rename and it becomes a good idea... almost. You see, it devalues practically all other creatures, who cannot match being 7/7 for 3 quanta. Cockatrices go out, Flesh Recluses...

YOU MUST BE KAELHATE TRYING TO DEVALUE VANILLA

Also, English is not my motherlanguage, and yet I don't say "comed". Look, there is a spellcheck option, use it. It can't get any easier.
We are Elementals? Where that thing is said?

I have allways figured us as wizards, or summoners, that uses their magic energy (quantums) to summon creatures to fight for them and cast spells to win their battle against other wizards...

Elementals, in most fantasy worlds, are near-mindless creatures that are just living incarnations of their element.
I don't think that players can fit well in the role of elementals when they play the game, expecially if we think about raimbow or multi-element decks (Raimbow elementals? Fire-Entropy Elementals? A Fire-Entropy wizard is way better conceptually.).

Anyway, that is just my opinion, so if it's real that we are elementals, we can just change the name of the cards as Lanidrak says and we will be ok (but i think that a game called "Elements" without "Elementals" misses something :P).

P.S.: Werewolves are 6|6 with 3 quantums, and they are not restricted to mono decks, so I don't think that a 7|7 creature with the same cost and some limitations (and counter-moves like using mutations or malignant cells to put a creature of another element in the enemy table and removing the +4|+4 for all his elementals) can be all that unbalanced.
Anyway:

Nice idea Kael to have abilites like Firestrike or Stomp etc whatever the various elementals would have.

Here is my idea for a card that fits the bill for use with a mono deck as much as possible:

Normal

Upgraded

Just as a start (sorry for using your pictures The Aegis but they are still your cards)

So any thoughts on them so far?

Scyther
I really like this pillar concept... It's even more sticky to the monos theme then my idea, and the scale of power makes them stronger if you build your deck around them (exactly what I wanted, make cards that will encourage players to make decks built around a single strategy/theme and not just a mix of every good card you can get).

So, if you think that the stats of the elementals suggested by Scyter are balanced (I think they are, but I want your opinion too), I will make the 4 cards again with that stats.

Aegis

ScytherLoL

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25069#msg25069
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 02:20:59 am »
Thanks for the props Aegis, the cards I like but in thinking about them you proably would want to remake using the ability noted but incorporating the elements specifications.

ie: Earth: Earth Dragons are high in defence as Earth traditionally is the defender, so they proably should have higher defence
     Fire: The opposite to above so maybe lower
and so on....

Just an idea but thanks for the tip and the great idea. (sorry if I stole it but it was best to make the card rather than just say it as I couldn't get it right in text)

Yours

Scyther

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25070#msg25070
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 02:21:51 am »
Air Elemental:

The ability "Dive" is free.
or
Gets +1/+0 For every firefly in play

The_Aegis

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25077#msg25077
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 02:30:50 am »
Thanks for the props Aegis, the cards I like but in thinking about them you proably would want to remake using the ability noted but incorporating the elements specifications.

ie: Earth: Earth Dragons are high in defence as Earth traditionally is the defender, so they proably should have higher defence
     Fire: The opposite to above so maybe lower
and so on....

Just an idea but thanks for the tip and the great idea. (sorry if I stole it but it was best to make the card rather than just say it as I couldn't get it right in text)

Yours

Scyther
I would love do that too, but when I talked to Zanz, he said that the main limitation in making cards is: "Only one skill for every card, no more.". So, giving the pillar bonus AND another thing is impossible.

Other than that, thinking about programming them, making a different skill for every elemental will become more difficult, both to program and to balance... (If it wasen't like that, I had some good ideas, like making air elementals immaterials, earth elementals with momentum, and similar things, but sadly is not possible...)

Anyway, we can keep the same skill for all elements (+1/+1 for every pillar) and just give them different starting stats.

Like Fire Elementals that starts with 5|1, Earth elementals that starts with 1|5, and so on...

That will be way simplier to program, couse there is just 1 new "effect/skill" to create (the +X pillar bonus) and just apply it to creatures with different starting stats (the same thing that happens for most upgrade cards).

The_Aegis

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25173#msg25173
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 07:21:24 pm »
Ok, I have done the new version of all cards, both in normal and upgraded form.

What you think about them?

Aegis

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25187#msg25187
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »
These cards, as you have provided with the new amendments, definitely have potential.  One small change to the name may be to use the word "Elite" instead of "Major" to keep with the format used on most of the existing cards.

I couldn't agree more strongly that we players are NOT "Elementals"--that's not even remotely necessary for the game nor does it make much sense.

One thought to consider is the requirement for all cards in play to be from the same element.  This would put Fallen elves/druids or Mutation at a premium since they could ruin your whole strategy.  Another thought would be to consider having the card's special ability to be "lobotomizable" or not.  If you do neither of these things, then they become much stronger in relation to a "rainbow" deck.
Bring back Holy Cow!

ScytherLoL

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25190#msg25190
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 08:04:29 pm »
Thats great what you have done Aegis and I am really happy to see the artwork tied in to a card in this manner.

I like the stats and the abilities and now I think you have the right angle to make it work.

Thanks.

Scyther

dapol

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25290#msg25290
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:52:13 pm »
i too like the idea, but i still think it may need some serious work.

Also i gree that they should be elite - not major.

My only concern here is that these guys coulb be wayyy OP, esp if you keep the same form, i.e. each element has one that if upped gets +1,+1 for every tower

i see this happening (just off the top of my head),

6x Aether Elemental
6x Dimenonal shields
18 + (whatever ends up drawing best) Aether pillers.
and some PU's
some quints even.

6 plus creatures doing at least 18 damage that's 108 damage per turn.....

that's my 2 cents

ScytherLoL

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25321#msg25321
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 11:32:22 pm »
SO maybe a cap on how much growth they get then?

Just an idea for development I suppose.

Scyther

The_Aegis

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25333#msg25333
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 12:08:01 am »
i too like the idea, but i still think it may need some serious work.

Also i gree that they should be elite - not major.

My only concern here is that these guys coulb be wayyy OP, esp if you keep the same form, i.e. each element has one that if upped gets +1,+1 for every tower

i see this happening (just off the top of my head),

6x Aether Elemental
6x Dimenonal shields
18 + (whatever ends up drawing best) Aether pillers.
and some PU's
some quints even.

6 plus creatures doing at least 18 damage that's 108 damage per turn.....

that's my 2 cents
There will NOT be, in my idea, any Aether elemental...

Both for balancing issues (as you pointed out) and for conceptual issues (elmentals, classicaly, ar just of the 4 base elements: Air, Earth, Fire and Water.).

If needed, I could think about something different for other elements type, so NO aether elementals.

And, anyway, berfore thinking that they are all THAT overpowered, think about HOW MUCH pillars you will effectively have in play and WHEN...

At the beginning, you probably will have no more then 4-5 pillars, so they will be things like 8|8 for 8 quantums (not so strong).

In the end, you maybe will have around 10-12 pillars, and they will become things around 13|13 (or 15|15) for 8 quantums, but at that time probably the opponent has already A LOT of contromisures to kill/mutate/antimatter/freeze them, and will have up shields to block them...

So, are they ALL that overpowered?

The_Aegis

Re: New cards ideas: Elementals https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2830.msg25335#msg25335
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:09 am »
SO maybe a cap on how much growth they get then?

Just an idea for development I suppose.

Scyther
Things like lava golem or other growing creatures have no cap, and they can reach even valors like 30|30, so why a thing that can reach 18|18 at MOST, (when you have taken up ALL pillars in your deck, so about in the end of the match) have to need a cap?

anything
blarg: