*Author

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Natural Disaster | Nature's Wrath https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34306.msg433645#msg433645
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 02:08:50 am »
"One of the points of this card is to provide PC to Elements that need it."

oh shiv, i thought this was about discord, son? when i talk about pc you spaz out and go "why havent you mentioned discord!? discord has been mentioned in this thread, talk about discord, because this is about discord! not pc!" followed by "this is about both pc and a counter for discord"

"Discord converts quanta into other Elements, which means it takes a while to pay for the cards you linked. Basically, they won't work. And yes, I know this because I actually have experience playing against and using Discord."

oh, i know, but guess what? counters shouldnt be all-powerful and always work immediately.  just remove discord from the game if you want every element to have a counter for discord that will always work immediately.  or add a mechanic onto discord that has it be destroyed as soon as the opposing player clicks on it.
 discord jostles around quanta and just about any PC device in game requires quanta to use and may be delayed by discord's effect.
  big whoop, that's why it does what it does. it is resistant to most, if not all, pc.

a pc is a counter for discord, just because it doesnt always work as soon as you want it doesnt make it not a counter.

how about this for a :life pc, a creature that sacrifices itself to destroy a target permanent, could be a sheep covered in dynamite for all i care, just put thought into the card idea, "all three of these elements lack a pc, so heres a pc, and discord is hard to counter, so this has to work against discord no matter what, or its not a counter" doesnt cut it.
moose dont say moo.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Natural Disaster | Nature's Wrath https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34306.msg433660#msg433660
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:53 am »
discord jostles around quanta and just about any PC device in game requires quanta to use and may be delayed by discord's effect.
Thanks for giving a reason why Discord is OP, which means it needs more counters.

a pc is a counter for discord, just because it doesnt always work as soon as you want it doesnt make it not a counter.
Really? Because by the time 4+ cost PC is used on Discord, it's too late to come back and win the game.
Discord's main strength is slowing down the opponent. If you're paying 4+ quanta for PC, you're being slowed down by Discord.
A counter isn't something that lets the card you are supposed to counter do exactly what is intended to do, no matter how strongly you think that is the case.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline LegitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Natural Disaster | Nature's Wrath https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34306.msg433661#msg433661
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 02:23:17 am »
While I do believe this card is a step in the right direction for the game, if so many oppose it I have no choice but to remake it. IMO both sides have strong arguments here and the discussion is great but it will have to move to another thread, because I have requested a lock. I will post my new cards soon.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Natural Disaster | Nature's Wrath https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34306.msg433662#msg433662
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 02:26:04 am »
By the creator's request, this topic has been locked.

Curator Comment Although disagreements happen in any heated debate like this, there seems to be some unnecessary flaming going on in this thread. In the future, please keep it civil. Thanks.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

blarg: