*Author

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Meteoroid | Meteorite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23044.msg292703#msg292703
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »
But yet, he wants cards that don't have to be played to buff Flooding. That's physically impossible. If the card is not played, Flooding's usefulness does not increase a single bit. I just want to know how he intends to buff Flooding with cards that are essentially imaginary.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Meteoroid | Meteorite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23044.msg292940#msg292940
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 01:05:51 am »
Obviously the best way to fix Flooding is to change flooding's mechanic. However that kind of a suggestion is reserved for another section of the forum. In this section our options for buffing Flooding are limited.

We could take an easy route and gave it a sufficient direct synergy to bring it up to par then we would prevent it from being further buffed and cause it to become dependent on the new card. So with this option we buff Flooding but at the cost of its versatility in decks.

Or we could take a harder route and make a suggestion that changes or starts to change the metagame such that Flooding is not dependent on the new card's synergy with Flooding.

Understanding of metagame impacts of card suggestions and the ability to reverse-engineer that knowledge is a good skill for a card designer.

Now I admitted at the beginning of the competition that I personally did not have any suggestions that would meet my challenge. However it is possible as shown by three cards so far.

I do not expect everyone to make professional suggestions or to understand card design at a professional level. However I did point out that a sign of professional deep understanding of the metagame and how every card changes it would instantly win my vote.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: