*Author

Iblis

Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132492#msg132492
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:15:50 pm »
NAME:
Lava Formation
ELEMENT:
:fire
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
N/A
ABILITY:
Summon 3 random fire Creatures
NAME:
Lava Formation
ELEMENT:
:fire
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
N/A
ABILITY:
Summon 3 random fire creatures, one is upgraded
ART:
Greg Cope
IDEA:
Iblis
NOTES:
None
SERIES:
N/A

I have doubts on the name, but couldn't come up with anything better, so I'll gladly take suggestions on that.

alf15

Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132497#msg132497
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:25:15 pm »
realy balanced but random since you could get 3 dragons or 3 ash eaters or anything in between

ZGiSH

Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132810#msg132810
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:50 am »
Can't say the concept is well done but then again, I just have something against randomness. It could very well be incredibly underpowered or overpowered.

Don't really like it much.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132812#msg132812
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 03:13:26 am »
Call me crazy, but this makes more sense as an entropy card since those are all about chance.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132916#msg132916
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 08:47:39 am »
Call me crazy, but this makes more sense as an entropy card since those are all about chance.
Agreed. This doesn't quite fit with Fire in my opinion. That said though, you should probably do the following to increase your chance of having your idea make it up into the Crucible if you/when you want to submit it. ;)

-Provide a link to the art source, and cite the artist name on the card art image
-Add the ' :fire' symbol to the card's Cost section in the table
-Type out the word, "Fire" in the Element section of the table: " ' :fire' means Fire quanta, not the Element fire. The two are not interchangeable"
-Fix any spelling/capitalization/grammar discrepancies between the card image and the Description in the table

My suggestion is this: why not call it 'Eruption', and have it summon a random creature while doing some form of damage/creature control/environmental effect/other mechanic? If you imagine it this way, you can see a volcano erupting out a bunch of lava WHILE summoning a creature from the depths of the volcano out into the open for you to use. :) You can lower the cost this way while preserving the 'randomness' mechanic as well Iblis.

Iblis

Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg132957#msg132957
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:05 pm »
Thanks a lot guys.

Just went back to Google and found where it came from - the guy charges for prints of his photos, so I best not use that art (and next time I'll check the website before using art...)

Any name suggestions for an Entropy version? I was thinking perhaps "Lab experiment"? But then that doesn't really fit into the fantasy theme of elements. I'll admit I wasn't thinking of what each element is like when I made this card and I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Other than not fitting with Fire, does it seem well balanced? And should nymphs be obtainable? What about % chances for each creature, should they be equal?

Also, I wanted to put the art source on the card, but I used the card creator and didn't see an option to do this - was there something I missed?

Kuro, I really just wanted to spawn random creatures and not deal any damage, but you're welcome to that idea if you want it ;)

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Lava Formation | Lava Formation (upgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10765.msg133375#msg133375
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 03:34:58 am »
Any name suggestions for an Entropy version? I was thinking perhaps "Lab experiment"? But then that doesn't really fit into the fantasy theme of elements. I'll admit I wasn't thinking of what each element is like when I made this card and I'll keep that in mind for the future.

And should nymphs be obtainable? What about % chances for each creature, should they be equal?
How about invasion for a name or something along that line?  I would also have the upped version only give upped cards.  I would make it give an equal chance for every entropy creature, so it could give 3 micro abominatons, or 3 purple nymphs depending on the luck. 

anything
blarg: