*Author

Kael Hate

Re: Kael Hate | Kael Hate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9807.msg117202#msg117202
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 03:26:40 am »
Good Chance I'm going to change this. I went this way because I had no idea what I wanted to produce and in doing so have come up with some other ideas to make for my namesake.

Clarify: does the ability target a creature or does it do it's ability for itself only? Because if it targets a creature, you need to change the thing about "or +2|+2 if Immaterial" because that's not possible, since an immaterial creature cannot be targeted. Otherwise, seems like an alright card since the ability instills a random effect, but does semi-border the OP line due to the "steal a target" part. Even if it's random, that means you have to use it on an opponent's creature, which with the other effects it could possibly due, seems like a stupid idea since the positive effect is too great. Same goes with the Perfection possibility.

But it feels inconsistent. you have abilities that target and card, and abilities that don't target a card. I don't believe that can be done. Unless you just pick a target anyway, just in case something happens to that target, but not a guarante to affect that target.
Only Control and Perfection Target cards.

The Rightwing Virtues Strength, Will and Determination Boost Kael Physically.

Control is specifically a Permanent and Perfection is Specifically against a creature.

It works because you click on Kael, then his ability activates casting one of the 7 random effects.
Ok, you explained nothing that I had hoped you would. When you click on Kael, his ability activated, casting one of the 7 random effects. How do the ones where you have to target a creature work? When you click on Kael, if it's one of the two targeting effects, the possibly target candidates are cross-haired? Same goes for the control, when you click Kael, does a cross-hair appear on the possible permanents appear? That is what i was stating above. Since the card had the possibility of activating targeting effects, and auto-self-targeting effects, I wasn't sure just exactly how it would work.
Lol. I must be good at that.

Lets try it this way.
Kael is on the field.
Click Kael as you would any creature
A random effect is chosen.
A little window flashes up saying the virtue.
If its Strength, Will, or Determination, Kael gets the buff immediately with NO TARGETING.
If Knowledge or Insight is chosen the effect resolves with NO TARGETING. No Card is given if your hand is full.
If Control is chosen the Steal creature ability activates and TARGETS as Steel normally does. You can cancel it if there are no targets to choose or you don't want to steal.
If Perfection is chosen then a Paradox effect activates and TARGETS but creatures with less than 7 atk will show a reticle also. You may cancel this as you would normal paradox.
Because its attached to a creature, no refund is given if you cancel Control or Perfection.

Even if Pandemonium and Chaos Seed is comparable to Kael Hate, I think the main difference is that the former has effects based off already existing cards and that the latter has an edge as it has unique effects and potential. This card idea is just a bit too good in my view.

Maybe a bit vain, too.  :))

Edit: Or, I just checked the competition section after viewing the card. Happened several times already.  :)
I am an Elitist so its definitely too good.
Yes and Vain, but the role of the competition is to take your Name and build a card.
My name defines me more than looking in the mirror.

I'm thinking of some other ideas becasue this is complex and strong and shows little weakness but it wouldn't be me if it was any different.

Why not make the ability cost 7 random as well? This fits with the theme almost perfectly.
Its deliberately 0 cost to activate so an upkeep may be in order if I decide to run with this idea.

blarg: