*Author

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg8334#msg8334
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:08 pm »

Kumlekar, I was just putting up some suggestions for Scaredgirl and other people to maybe think about. I'm just putting out my thoughts and ideas in an attempt to spark some new ideas... Zanz does read this thread you know...
Eh, that's quite debateable. We've heard that he reads these, but that was a while ago, and lately there has been little to no activity by Zanz, so there's reason to believe that he doesn't check these anymore, or at least not often.

sillyking14

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg8335#msg8335
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:08 pm »

i think that if we had hero cards then they should have effects that support mono-elemnt decks more than rainbow. we could do this in a couple of ways

1. high card cost would make it harder for a rainbow deck to use
2. card effects ALL could/should affect only the hero's element or affect everything negatively (except the hero's element

i believe that this would (for obvious reasons) make a mono deck more effective against rainbow. and it would also help balance the issue of not being able to have 2 of the same hero out at once.

for example: if we had the dark hero's effect be: all creatures (except dark) have a 50% chance to miss when they attack. (this is entirely hypothetical i don't actually think that this effect would be a good idea.) and you have 2 mono-dark decks fighting then it wouldn't be a race to see who can get there hero out first (especally if the attack stat is nothing special) because the effect would no change the game in favor of either player.

Demongod

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9513#msg9513
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Even if these huge heroes would cost 20...guess what?  If you build your deck around getting to them, you *will* be able to get to them rapidly.  Think about it.  For instance, the time dude.

12 time factories (upgraded)
6 sundials
6 electrum hourglasses
1 hero
2 eternities
3 upgraded time dragons

Mark of light.

Win?

Scaredgirl

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9514#msg9514
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Even if these huge heroes would cost 20...guess what?  If you build your deck around getting to them, you *will* be able to get to them rapidly.  Think about it.  For instance, the time dude.

6 sundials
6 electrum hourglasses
1 hero
2 eternities
3 upgraded time dragons

Mark of light.

Win?
How on earth would you win with that deck? You have almost no damage dealers and would most likely deck out every time because you can't afford to bounce those dragons.

Playing a Hero doesn't = win.

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9515#msg9515
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

I agree on the overall that they should have less ATT, except perhaps for Fire and Earth

What about Wyrm Queen generating 2 elite wyrms in a turn? It would partly make it better. Otherwise I like the idea of making all friendly creatures dive... There's also the dumb but hilarious possibilty of switching it for a huge spark, 30/0 untargetable  ;D It cannot pass shields, but it's quite a wind turn  :P

The aether king's immortality is indeed a problem... I think it would be better if he had some HP and a limited 3 turns immortality (like phase shield)

I think that a as most heroes' abilities can be tought as agressive, it would be nice to have the chosen one defensive. "All your creatures gains +0/+1 at the end of each turn, and reflect spells". It integrates the reflective shield, makes more flesh for angels to heal (as healing is an ability, not a spell). That's not perfect yet, but I really understand the light hero as a pacifist one.

What about the Zombie King starting with, like,  3 infection on himself, but also be a scavenger?

I agree with others that the Vampire lord should start weaker... perhaps 0/12

I love "the love machine"'s effect. Only the name should be harmonized with Element  as someone pointed out. Mithril Golem? Titan?

Whoah, Rocky is Strong! Is big! Is Rocky!

The Joker is quite messy ;D :D :D Deadly if coupled with graveyards... But in mono entropy it would be less interesting. Micro-abominations are cheap, but there's just six of them. So what about adding the sacrilege of "mutating 3 pillars into random pillars" ?  :D

Question about the the tree of life ; it HEALS creatures or add HP above their maximum?

Bazuul is Great! Is big! Is Bazuul! I like a lot his ability. I'd just like to mention something else that could also be good : what about a "mass ablaze", doubling the productivity of lava destroyers (or skeletons, fire spirit, or whatever)? I also agree with those who said that he should have more ATT and less HP... 15/12 would be interesting. Other good name could be Djinn.

Clockmaker is nice with 2 bubble turns after his ability.

The Waterlady's ability is interesiting, but I think is it less impressive than others, as its effiency is based of luck and on the number of creatures the opponent controls (say the opponent has 1 20/19 unicorn, as an improbable but to the point example). I think that either her ability should cost less to activate (4), or that she should cost less to summon (10), in which case she would "slow down" the opponent earlier. My point is, while other heroes that arrive in late game can deal with the developed situation, she might just slow things down (at worse). To arrive earlier in the game than other heroes could be an atout in itself.

Great work, great ideas you all!

Amicalement

Spamalot

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9516#msg9516
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

These would basically only be end-game cards for Rainbow decks, but would be able to be utilized readily with mono/duo decks.  (I usually don't get 20+ in any particular element for at least 10-15 draws with a Rainbow deck...although I suppose you could get really lucky and draw all 6 Supernovas in a row, which would put you well on your way.) That could provide a nice balancing factor, I guess...since most mono decks are pretty much crippled by inflexibility, and make up for it with sheer full-frontal-assault attack power.

However, it would be nice if there was a Rainbow deck-oriented Hero card that only takes and uses generic quanta.

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9517#msg9517
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Quote :
«
However, it would be nice if there was a Rainbow deck-oriented Hero card that only takes and uses generic quanta.
»

He could then be used by anyone, not just rainbow decks! And if he needed a few of all elements, 2 novas and same thing. I think such a hero could still be fun, but perhaps as a "collectible" ; cheap (sell for 1$) , bad, funny, accessible - the practise quest for LV 7! If you advance this idea, do you have something to propose?

Here is an example of the cheap card I just defined (sorry for the small deviance from the main subject) :

NAME : Frog
COST : 20 quantas
ATTRIBUTES : 1/1
-Immaterial
-Caught in a time bubble for 1 turn when successfully hitting the opponent.

ACTIVATED ABILITY :
Leap - Frog changes place within your side of the board.
A. COST : 1 quantas.

Utility : Prevents the other from using a hero, if he has one (supposing there can only be one visible hero at a time).

Oh, lovely and cuttie, You sloppy froggy!
Yet I would prefer you never to be!

(By the way, supposing there can only be one visible hero at a time, the immateriality of the Immortal King is a problem. Il like my aboce solution  ;) )

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9518#msg9518
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

i think each player alone can only have a hero out

having yours doesn't affect his chances of getting it out, otherwise his immortality IS a problem
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9519#msg9519
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Oh, indeed, that way that's OK.

Spamalot

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9520#msg9520
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Yeah, something using generic quanta could be used by any deck, but Rainbow decks generate 3x the quanta per tower, and quite a lot of that goes unused.

You could easily make the Rainbow deck Hero cost 3 x the amount of generic mana, which would even it out a bit and would reflect the fact that it was intended to be used in conjunction with Quantum Towers.

Demongod

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9521#msg9521
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

6 sundials
6 electrum hourglasses
1 hero
2 eternities
3 upgraded time dragons

Mark of light.

Win?
How on earth would you win with that deck? You have almost no damage dealers and would most likely deck out every time because you can't afford to bounce those dragons.

Right you are.  Indeed, include something bouncable in there, like a photon.  Play it, bounce it, and your opponent can't do crap about it since it'll never be on the field during his turn.

Spamalot

HERO CARDS by Scaredgirl https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg9522#msg9522
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

6 sundials
6 electrum hourglasses
1 hero
2 eternities
3 upgraded time dragons

Mark of light.

Win?

Right you are.  Indeed, include something bouncable in there, like a photon.  Play it, bounce it, and your opponent can't do crap about it since it'll never be on the field during his turn.
And you'd still lose as soon as he stole/exploded/Pulverized your Eternity (because you even if you had the second in your hand, you wouldn't be able to play it to save the day and put the photon back in your deck...unless you also put a reverse time in there to cover this situation...in which case you would only delay until the -next- steal/explode/pulverize).

Eternity is great against the retarded False God AI...not so great against humans, because if someone sees you play an Eternity when you've got a 30-card deck and 6 hourglasses, they -know- what you're up to. 

anything
blarg: