*Author

Offline DemagogTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg30927#msg30927
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:04:27 am »
Obviously it's a gravity card.

Gravity Bind:
-Type: Spell
-Cost: 2
-Effect: Randomly binds up to three of your opponent's creatures. Bound creatures must attack at the same time.

Gravity Chain:
-Type: Spell
-Cost: 2
-Effect: Randomly binds up to four of your opponent's creatures. Bound creatures must attack at the same time.

It doesn't sound all that useful at first, but once you think about it, it is. It's really for use in conjunction with shields, but I think it would work well with gravity pull (on your own creatures) as well.

Just to highlight some combos that come to mind:
Gravity Bind + Dusk or Fog Shield: The creatures bound together must attack as though they are one. So you increase the effectiveness of your shield (this further depends on if the game recognizes it as one attack, or up to four attacks that occur simultaneously, and each one must succeed for the group to hit you).
GB + Bone Wall: Bound creatures all hit the same wall.
GB + Procrastination: If one of the bound creatures is under the effect of procrastination, none of them can attack.
GB + Petrify: If one of the bound creatures is petrified, none of them can attack.
GB + Freeze: If one of the bound creatures is frozen, none of them can attack. (goes well with permafrost shield)

I'm sure you can think of more combos on your own.

Depending on how it works, the game either recognizes an attack by bound creatures as one attack or as simultaneous attacks. It all goes from there on how certain effects affect the group. Also, if it's the former, I think it would be the sum of their attack is how much damage is dealt. If they go up against a damage reducing shield, the shield would take damage from the total, not from each individual. If it is simultaneous attacks though, the shield would absorb damage from each creature.

Anyway, go ahead and comment. Quanta cost isn't set in stone of course, so don't decide if it's good or bad based on that. If it's a little OP for only two gravity quanta, it could be raised.

Kameda

Re: Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg30977#msg30977
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
I liked the idea, but is a little too powerful I think. This card will give a chance of stopping four of the enemy's creatures with two spells.
Maybe a time limit for the bound can make it better.

bobcamel

Re: Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg31130#msg31130
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
Now that you explained what it really does, I declare it highly borked. Up the cost highly, it lets you save much trouble. With the Freeze combo, it's like you froze them all, so you save 3 :water and 3 cards, and 3 cards is much to save.

• Legendary Member
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg31214#msg31214
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 12:20:36 am »
Like I said, it's not set in stone.

How about 4/5 cost, respectively, and lower the amount of creatures it affects to 2/3, respectively? I don't think a time limit is a good idea. The only way a creature should be removed from bound status is momentum status, or removal.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg31371#msg31371
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:28:44 am »
The real nasty here is Procrastination.  With Gravity Bind and two off-sync Time Bubbled creatures, you can effectively stop any two other creatures from attacking...ever.

Also, Gravity is the opposite of Entropy, so it feels wrong having them target randomly. 
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Gravity Bind // Gravity Chain https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3494.msg31377#msg31377
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:40 am »
The real nasty here is Procrastination.  With Gravity Bind and two off-sync Time Bubbled creatures, you can effectively stop any two other creatures from attacking...ever.

Also, Gravity is the opposite of Entropy, so it feels wrong having them target randomly.
Actually, when one is procrastinated and the other is not, the non-procrastinated one won't attack that turn, then on the next turn they will both be un-procrastinated and can attack. Procrastination actually isn't that great. You'd be much better off with a permafrost or dusk shield.

Also, I made it random because I don't know of anything that lets you choose multiple targets via clicking, and I'm not sure the game would recognize it without a good deal of programming. I'm just guessing though.

blarg: