*Author

Offline RagingAlienTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Ethereal Cut | Ethereal Slash https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24900.msg317748#msg317748
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
Hmm... I don't think the name itself is a priority, and i want to use the Cut | Slash theme for the series in general, so a way to explain why it targets all creatures would be kinda hard.

Thing is, Fire Storm does NOT actually damage immaterial creatures, for some strange reason. Neither does Plague. Since Time is an Enemy Element to Aether, it'd make sense that Time has developed a way to pass through Aether's Strenght, wouldn't it?
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Ethereal Cut | Ethereal Slash https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24900.msg317756#msg317756
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »
Hmm... I don't think the name itself is a priority, and i want to use the Cut | Slash theme for the series in general, so a way to explain why it targets all creatures would be kinda hard.

Thing is, Fire Storm does NOT actually damage immaterial creatures, for some strange reason. Neither does Plague. Since Time is an Enemy Element to Aether, it'd make sense that Time has developed a way to pass through Aether's Strenght, wouldn't it?
The name is dependent on the thematic explanation for how Time passes through Aether's strength. You, as the card designer, need to provide a reasonable explanation for how Time bypasses untargetability.

Maybe the name changes to Temporal Cut representing Time by passing immateriality by ________. (fill in the blank Card Designer.)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: