*Author

Malduk

Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194304#msg194304
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 08:12:20 pm »
It'd grow ten times faster than any vulture ever, and healing is almost as common as creature death in the upped environment. Unupped, it'd be much less good, of course. Thing is, I don't think we can have an Immaterial growing creature. I don't see any way to balance that. Even with Permafrost, you can still pump out six of these babies and they'll be so much better than any Immortal/Phase Dragon it's not even funny.
Aye, I agree with you, in current environment with SoG spam, this would be a menace. But that is due to current metagame where SoG is stupidly strong card. It would be nice to get a direct counter to it, regardless if its this type of card or something else.

The issue I see here is that you yourself cannot set up Reaper to be any good. You can make a good use of Scavenger mechanic with silly stuff like Afla + Thunderstorm, Fractal Sparks etc. You can only HOPE your opponent has healing cards and will play them, if you take Reaper in the deck.
As it starts with 1 HP, the card itself is zero threat in current form. So, you're taking risk of guessing your opponent deck will heal, and your "counter" just dies the moment its placed down.

So, if you take away immaterial, either cost should be drastically lower, or its HP should be high enough to survive at least one CC.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194310#msg194310
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
Anyone else thinking about Purify? Anyone? 'Cause I see this as quite the upset when it comes to playing that card.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194312#msg194312
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »
Exactly, I'd love this in PvP 2, upped tournies and when I get healing FG's predicted by the Oracle. I agree it should have much more HP if Immaterial is removed. 6->7 mebbe.
Purify only heals once per turn, so I don't see much problem with it. Most stall decks use 6 SoG's, which means 6 times faster growth than that.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

SeddyRocky

Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194324#msg194324
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »
Just using purify, which would be common when facing a death deck, would make this grow every turn until poisoned again. So opponent either takes damage or boosts creature(s) and still take damage...

Yeah, ninj'd.

Belthazar666

Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194355#msg194355
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:42:31 pm »
I swear it didn't say Immaterial when I posted... Maybe I missed that part.

Bonds are a good point. Grim Reaper could possibly have some sort of upkeep. Like if he goes X turns without collecting a soul, then he dies. He collects souls when another creature dies. X can be either 2 or 3 turns. Course, if you play him late against an entire field of bonds, you might not even need the upkeep...

Offline olibyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • oliby is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Determined Reaper l Enraged Reaper https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15188.msg194554#msg194554
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 01:30:45 am »
Ok, I made some changes: removed immaterial, specified the Feral/Emphatic Bonds would only be counted once a turn, boosted health, and reduced the attack gain of the upgraded Reaper. The reason for this is because the upgraded form has a few extra way of gaining attack power, and I don't want it to be so strong a counter against permanent healing. At the end of the first turn, it gains +1/+1 because it couldn't do any damage. In addition, any type of shield or Sundials that stops the Reaper from doing damage will also boost the upgraded Reaper's stats.

I'm trying to find art but is unsuccessful so far. Thanks for all the input.

anything
blarg: