*Author

Offline EvilDeathXTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • EvilDeathX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I am the McNinja!
Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056331#msg1056331
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:45:33 am »
NAME:
Crumbling Shield
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
N/A
TEXT:
Shield: Reduce damage by 1.
1 Crumble: Prevent all damage during your opponent's next turn, then crumble away.
NAME:
Crumbling Shield
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
N/A
TEXT:
Shield: Reduce damage by 2.
1 Crumble: Prevent all damage during your opponent's next turn, then crumble away.

ART:
N/A
IDEA:
EvilDeathX
NOTES:
Crumble is an effect that will activate an effect then crumble away. Meaning the card will use its Crumble ability, then after it resolves the card will be sacrificed.

If Crumbing Shield is replaced or destroyed before it's crumble ablity can resolve, then the ability does not activate. If Crumbling Shield is stolen before the ability can resolve, the shield will replace any existing shield then resolve its Crumble ability.(destroying itself)

Crumbing Shield's Crumble ability, prevents both physical and spell damage.

*EDIT*
Progress of effect:
1. Shield is on field for atleast one turn.
2. Crumble ability is activated.
3. End of your turn.
4. Your opponent's turn.
5. Opponent's damage phase is prevented.
6. End of opponent's turn.
7. Shield crumbles away.

If any damage is delt between the end of your turn and the end of your opponent's turn will be prevented.(Of any kind) However,(like sundial) if Crumbling Shield is removed from your field by any effect you will lose your protection. This extra field time gives your opponent the opportunity to deflag or steal it, maybe SoF or BE. The point is that it gives your opponent the chance to counter.

This shield DOES prevent healing through negative damage.
SERIES:
Crumble (Includes Curse of Crumbling, Crumbling Golem|Crumbling ColossusCrumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower, Crumbling Shield, and Crumbling Sword)

Old Versions:
Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Crumbling Shield
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
4 :
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Shield: Reduce damage by 1
1 : Crumble
Prevent all damage during your opponent's next turn.
NAME:
Crumbling Shield
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
4 :
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Shield: Reduce damage by 2
1 : Crumble
Prevent all damage during your opponent's next turn.

ART:
N/A
IDEA:
EvilDeath66X
NOTES:
Crumble is an effect that will activate an effect then crumble away. Meaning the card will use its Crumble ability, then after it resolves the card will be sacrificed.

If Crumbing Shield is replaced or destroyed before it's crumble ablity can resolve, then the ability does not activate. If Crumbling Shield is stolen before the ability can resolve, the shield will replace any existing shield then resolve its Crumble ability.(destroying itself)

SERIES:
Crumble (Includes Curse of Crumbling, Crumbling Golem|Crumbling Colossus, Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower, Crumbling Shield, and Crumbling Sword)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:03:03 am by EvilDeathX »

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056500#msg1056500
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:05 pm »
Interesting... Balancing needs a little work, but otherwise I like it.

I think unupgraded version could have its cost lowered a little and upgraded version should have cost raised slightly.

I would use Shield / Tower Shield as reference then add, say 1 quanta, to the cast cost to account for the nice crumble skill.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056540#msg1056540
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »
Again more flavorful than the original tower shield for sure. Not sure it deserves a place as its own separate card though. Might be a little stronger than you'd think. At least in upped meta.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

• I am the McNinja!
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056646#msg1056646
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:14:05 am »
Ammended the cost as reccomended by OdinVanguard.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056723#msg1056723
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:18:56 pm »
I like it.
Its more subdued in terms of duration than Dim. Shield but provides broader protection and can act as a simple shield when heavy duty protection is not needed.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline blarp

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056779#msg1056779
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »
kicks tower shields butt. would this be OP in blarp? or more OP? possibly

would this prevent poison damage and spell damage?

could you play this card, wait a turn, use it's ability and then play another one same turn to have it chainable?
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056784#msg1056784
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:49:55 pm »
kicks tower shields butt. would this be OP in blarp? or more OP? possibly

would this prevent poison damage and spell damage?

could you play this card, wait a turn, use it's ability and then play another one same turn to have it chainable?
taken from the note section of the main post:
If Crumbing Shield is replaced or destroyed before it's crumble ablity can resolve, then the ability does not activate.(emphasis added) If Crumbling Shield is stolen before the ability can resolve, the shield will replace any existing shield then resolve its Crumble ability.(destroying itself)

From what I'm seeing in the notes there, it looks like you would not be able to chain it since its effect will not kick in till the end of the turn.

I.e. If you use crumble, then play a shield, the crumble ability never resolves (shield doesn't get to crumble) so you won't get the protection at the end of the turn.

The only exception maybe would be if you wanted to do something which would damage you before you replace it. I'm not sure what that would be useful for at this point though.

You could possibly get some interesting combos with SoSac. That would help make up for the lack of chaining ability. (This, then SoSac, then this, repeat)
If your zombie plan is

Offline blarp

Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056791#msg1056791
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:40 pm »
I'm worried if 6 of these+6 sundials+6 sosac = too easy to make a stall. I mean I'd add these to blarp for sure.

• I am the McNinja!
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056843#msg1056843
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 02:59:56 am »
Just clarifying(because it seems like you guys are misunderstanding) the crumble ability works like this:
1. Shield is on field for atleast one turn.
2. Crumble ability is activated.
3. End of your turn.
4. Your opponent's turn.
5. Opponent's damage phase is prevented.
6. End of opponent's turn.
7. Shield crumbles away.

If any damage is delt between the end of your turn and the end of your opponent's turn will be prevented.(Of any kind) However,(like sundial) if Crumbling Shield is removed from your field by any effect you will lose your protection. This extra field time gives your opponent the opportunity to deflag or steal it, maybe SoF or BE. The point is that it gives your opponent the chance to counter.

I don't know if poison damage pokes you on your turn or your opponent's but if the latter is true then yes, it will be prevented.

P.S. Negative damage is still technically damage so this would stop you healing from that.

I will ammend the notes section with these points.

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056854#msg1056854
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 03:12:45 am »
Poison damage is dealt at the beginning of the attack phase.

Would this prevent healing from purify (which is done at the same time as poison damage)?

Offline blarp

Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056859#msg1056859
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 03:42:24 am »
alright thanks for clarifying. didn't realize you had a chance to prevent it after you used the crumble effect

• I am the McNinja!
Re: Crumbling Shield|Crumbling Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48180.msg1056866#msg1056866
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:53 am »
Poison damage is dealt at the beginning of the attack phase.

Would this prevent healing from purify (which is done at the same time as poison damage)?

I am not sure. Thinking critically, I would say that that is healing not negative damage so yes it would work. But in the interst of "You can't have it both ways," it could be a no. I don't know how the game treats Purify counters. That is the deciding factor right there.

blarg: