*Author

Offline EvilDeathXTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • EvilDeathX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I am the McNinja!
Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056327#msg1056327
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:21:03 am »
NAME:
Crumbling Pillar
ELEMENT:

COST:
TYPE:

ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Generate 1 random quantum.
1 Crumble:  Generate 4 quanta of your mark.
NAME:
Crumbling Tower
ELEMENT:

COST:
TYPE:

ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Generate 2 Random quanta.
0 Crumble:  Generate 6 quanta of your mark. Can Crumble immediately.

ART:
N/A
IDEA:
EvilDeathX
NOTES:
This card is not treated as a pillar, meaning that you may only have up to six in your deck at any time.

Crumble is an effect that will activate an effect then crumble away. Meaning the card will use its Crumble ability, then after it resolves the card will be sacrificed.

Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower will generate 1|2 random Quanta per turn. Then the crumble effect will give you 4|6 Quanta which will match your mark.

Crumbling Pillar may not use its Crumble ability, on the turn it was played.

Crumbling Pillars|Crumbling Towers do not stack. They will each take a different permanent space.

Since Crumbling Towers are not treated as "Towers" they do not produce Quanta the moment they are played, however they are allowed to use their ability the turn they are played.

P.S. When rewording Version 2 I had to take out the words "Each Turn" in the quanta production effect. I think people are smart enought to assume though... I think.
SERIES:
Crumble (Includes Curse of Crumbling, Crumbling Golem|Crumbling Colossus, Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower, Crumbling Shield, and Crumbling Sword)

Older Versions:
Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Crumbling Pillar
ELEMENT:

COST:
TYPE:

ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Each turn 1 quanta is generated.
1 : Crumble
Generate 4 quanta.
NAME:
Crumbling Tower
ELEMENT:

COST:
TYPE:

ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Each turn 2 quanta is generated.
0 : Crumble
Generate 6 quanta.

ART:
N/A
IDEA:
EvilDeath66X
NOTES:
This card is not treated as a pillar, meaning that you may only have up to six in your deck at any time.

Crumble is an effect that will activate an effect then crumble away. Meaning the card will use its Crumble ability, then after it resolves the card will be sacrificed.

Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower will generate 1|2 Quanta per turn which will match your mark. Then the crumble effect will give you 4|6 Quanta which will also match your mark.

Crumbling Pillar may not use its Crumble ability, on the turn it was played.

Crumbling Pillars|Crumbling Towers do not stack. They will each take a different permanent space.

Since Crumbling Towers are not treated as "Towers" they do not produce Quanta the moment they are played, however they are allowed to use their ability the turn they are played.
SERIES:
Crumble (Includes Curse of Crumbling, Crumbling Golem|Crumbling Colossus, Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower, Crumbling Shield, and Crumbling Sword)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:12:06 am by EvilDeathX »

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056498#msg1056498
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:56 pm »
This wording might work out well for upgraded version:

"Generates 2 quanta per turn. May use Crumble immediately.
0, Crumble: Generate 6 quanta, then self-destruct."

It lets people know they can use it immediately.

The unupgraded one could be changed to match:
"Generates 1 quanta per turn.
1, Crumble: Generate 4 quanta, then self-destruct."

I think you should probably just let people use the unupgraded skill immediately if they have to pay for it. They only get 1/2 the quanta compared to upgraded version and the upgraded can be used for free, so there is still more than enough incentive to upgrade.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056501#msg1056501
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:07 pm »
seems OP to me. 2 quanta per turn is OP compared to towers, then the crumble ability gives 6 quanta for free? That would be like an imolation without a cost!
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056503#msg1056503
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:49:34 pm »
Interesting idea.

[Picker of Nits]
The singular of "quanta" is "quantum".  Therefore, the unupped should read, "Each turn, 1 quantum is generated." Or, following OdinVanguard's advice: "Generates 1 quantum per turn."  If you can squeeze "matching your mark" in there, I would.
[/PoN]

Edit:
seems OP to me. 2 quanta per turn is OP compared to towers, then the crumble ability gives 6 quanta for free? That would be like an imolation without a cost!
Immolation already has no cost.
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056505#msg1056505
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »
Assuming that the quanta production is random (not matching mark) except when crumble is used, 2 quanta per turn is not OP. If this thing produces random quanta, it should be compared to quantum towers, not regular towers.

Quantum towers and pillars alike provide 3 quanta per turn, so there is really no issue.

Also, don't forget that Immolate doesn't produce just 6 :fire . It also produces 1 of each type (like nova) so in the end, you get 17 quanta from immolate, not 6.

I would say this card is actually slightly UP not OP...

Although I do think that the upgraded version should either have a skill cost of 1 or the unupgraded cost should be lowered to 0 as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:57:09 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056518#msg1056518
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:23:40 pm »

with no cost I mean that you don't have to sacrifice a creature. Immolation loses you an extra card in favor of extra speed. this card just gives you the extra speed. that's why I think it is OP
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056522#msg1056522
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:33:43 pm »

with no cost I mean that you don't have to sacrifice a creature. Immolation loses you an extra card in favor of extra speed. this card just gives you the extra speed. that's why I think it is OP
I do agree that the lack of needing a creature sacrifice is very significant, but I'm not sure whether or not losing the extra 11 :underworld will make up or not.

So to sum up:

-Immolate: 6 :fire + 11 :underworld at a cost of 1 spell card + 1 creature card

-This card: 6 :underworld at a cost of 1 permanent card

So the question is:  "Is 11 :underworld worth as much as 1 creature sacrifice?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:36:03 pm by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056536#msg1056536
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »
This would add more flavor to the original quantum pillars, but I dont think another card is neccessary.

I dont think the upped version is better than a quantum tower, as you gain 3 quanta when played.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056546#msg1056546
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »
So to sum up:

-Immolate: 6 :fire + 11 :underworld at a cost of 1 spell card + 1 creature card

-This card: 6 :underworld at a cost of 1 permanent card

So the question is:  "Is 11 :underworld worth as much as 1 creature sacrifice?"
Nova will answer the important part of your question.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline blarp

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056548#msg1056548
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:11 pm »
There's also some benefit with nova and immo in that they guarentee certain quanta. The randomness of this quanta is another nerf.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056558#msg1056558
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 11:37:00 pm »
This quanta is not random! In the notes it says that the quanta generated matches your mark.

Offline blarp

Re: Crumbling Pillar|Crumbling Tower https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=48178.msg1056563#msg1056563
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:50 pm »
This quanta is not random! In the notes it says that the quanta generated matches your mark.

Oh really? Op then :P
Not op in all cases, but it only takes a couple.

anything
blarg: OdinVanguard