*Author

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Coqui | Coqui https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35342.msg445554#msg445554
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:19:54 am »
possibly. The reason I have it as  :aether is because currently the only sound based skill that I know of is Silence and Silence is :aether. Im open to suggestions for the most fitting element for sound based skills.
Imagine a card with the theme of music. Tell me that the concept of sound still fits under :aether.

Sound, at least imo, is and will always belong to :air.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Coqui | Coqui https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35342.msg445560#msg445560
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:40:58 am »
But the reason "silence" prevents spells is that in many magic traditions, Magic spells required a vocal component. Think harry potter or some similar magic story. Words are said a certain way to activate the spell. That is why the removal of sound prevents magic spells from being cast.

Shockwaves may cause a sound. and sound travels through the air. So I think its a good contender. Im just not sure because there arent any sound based spells currently in game. Shockwave in my mind refers to the force, not the sound. and silence is a lack of sound, not sound itself.
1. Non-verbal spellcasting can be done in the Harry Potter canon, but it takes more discipline to do.
2. :air is more sound-based, due to Shockwave and Thunderstorm (note that :aether has Lightning, which is the visual part -- :air would probably take the thunder portion).
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Coqui | Coqui https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35342.msg445563#msg445563
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:12 am »
For some reason, a mating call brings :life to mind.
Great, :life gets added after I vote XP

Offline darkrobeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Coqui | Coqui https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35342.msg445570#msg445570
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:14 am »
Lol. Sorry. I thought i had set the poll so that people could change their votes. maybe I hadnt. Ill keep in mind that you meant to vote life.

Its an interesting dicussion. Air seems to be winning out in the poll at the moment.

anything
blarg: