*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Chaotic Monkey Fighter | Chaotic Monkey Master "combo killers set" Entropy https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9682.msg126449#msg126449
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 02:41:05 pm »
To me  :entropy Entropy's prime ability is that of it's weapon, Scramble, it's just what chance is all about. Although I do think it could be changed a little by adding a (N) after if.

I.E; Scramble (10%), or Scramble (50%) meaning that's how much of the quanta gets scrambled. The devourer ability here does not return any quanta to you; it's more like "Black Hole" but on a very limited level. Yes again I see I'm taking from a different element to make a new ability. And that's just not what entropy is about (more like darkness as it "steals" everything).
Okay, I'm not exactly following the (N) after 'if' part, but I can see that the 'mimicking' of Scramble makes some sense.

I have an idea for your card description, but I'll post it after this next part.

Yea if no quanta was removed then no boost to attack but if the attack was blocked (hence no quanta removed) then the counter would stay at 1 and there would be a retry the next turn.... Well anyway this maybe moot as someone else also did an Entropy creature for the set. So I might as well head onto my gravity card which uses mostly in game concepts already there just in a different way.
Again; that implies that if this creature was on a field against ANY shield that blocked one damage (which is pretty much every shield in the game, save for the Fire/Gravity shields), then its randomness is completely useless, and it can never move onto the next steps for the non-upgraded card (the upgraded card would only carry issues against Hope and Diamond Shield, but that's a different point I'm trying to get at).

(Side note: this is my personal concept of how 'taunting' works. When you're distracting, your focus may be 'shifted', but it's there - just spread out. In this way, taunting could simply use the Scramble effect instead, while the second attack could then 'remove' the energy because it's physically hurting them and draining the element of their stamina.)

"Combo:
1. Taunt: Randomly converts
the opponent's quanta.
2. Head Boot: Removes up to
4 quanta from the opponent."

The 'Slap and Roll' seemed a little bit ridiculous to include, so I threw that out. It's a 1-2 combo mechanic, but I think it works with just 2 'combos'. By 'Removes up to', it suggests that it can possibly remove 4 quanta, but the wording suggests it's based on chance (i.e. you have an equal chance of removing 0-3 quanta as well as 4). You can omit words like 'pools', because quanta is already there to clarify what you're shuffling around.

With that description, add a tad bit more attack power, and I'd say that your card idea will be just as interesting as the :gravity card idea you're possibly planning to implement. ;)

...and uh, thanks for the compliment. ^_^

blarg: