*Author

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452842#msg452842
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:14:26 am »
NAME:
Centrifuge
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
6 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Permanents no long stack while this card is on the field.
NAME:
Centrifuge
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Permanents no long stack while this card is on the field.
ART:
Pending
IDEA:
Kamietsu
NOTES:
All currently stacked permanents will be displaced to available slots on their respective sides. If there is no room for some of the permanents, they are destroyed.
SERIES:
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452851#msg452851
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:27:21 am »
text issue: "no longER"

This is / can be a devastating card. Scary ???

This includes Bonewall, right? Also, what's the order of permanents de-stacking? Does it go by the number of the slots?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452852#msg452852
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:10 am »
Woah! This is a pretty cool idea! It's like indirect PC against the opponent, especially if they have a lot of perms, but also earthquake protection for yourself!

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452861#msg452861
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:14 am »
Wow, this is a very ingenious idea. Soft PC against the opponent, clogging up their permanent board, and also soft Earthquake protection for yourself.

However, the element does not seem to fit. Gravity is about pulling things together, not breaking them apart. This fits Entropy's theme much more; a Gravity card should instead make non-stackable permanents stack, for example.

It also seems a bit expensive. Perhaps a -1 cost decrease? Also, how does it interact with Bone Wall?

Brilliant idea.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452879#msg452879
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:22:10 am »
I feel it fits Gravity just fine, considering the nature of the centrifuge.  Since it relies on centripetal force, per se, it kind of ties in with gravitational forces and whatnot.

Aside from that, how would the field react once Centrifuge is removed?  Will all things stack accordingly?  What about pre-existing stacks when it comes into play?  What happens to the permanents that don't quite fit into the area after Centrifuge is played?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452881#msg452881
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 04:28:36 am »
What about pre-existing stacks when it comes into play?  What happens to the permanents that don't quite fit into the area after Centrifuge is played?
See
NOTES: All currently stacked permanents will be displaced to available slots on their respective sides. If there is no room for some of the permanents, they are destroyed.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452893#msg452893
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 05:23:08 am »
I feel it fits Gravity just fine, considering the nature of the centrifuge.  Since it relies on centripetal force, per se, it kind of ties in with gravitational forces and whatnot.
A device that collects like things and separates unlike things fits Gravity but does not fit this mechanic.

A centrifuge would cause stacks not the opposite.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452918#msg452918
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:30 am »
I like the Idea very much. In your Idea, kami, would the pillars be affected? How will you predict which permanent are destroyed? Does it affect the whole field or just your opponent?

I like the idea but I don't like the card. First, gravity has already means of PC. I would try to find an element which lacks of it. Second, I'm not sure if submitted to a centrifugal force a stack would break (does not work for DNA stack for example). In my opinion it would just move the whole stack toward the edge.

At first the idea of breaking a stack associate in my mind with entropy 1 stack => n pieces  (increase of disorder = entropy), but here again entropy has PC. Then I saw the wind blow a pile of rotting leaves and I though it could be it. What if this permanent was a tornado or a strong fan of some sort? Air would appreciate some PC - what do you think?

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452936#msg452936
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 09:59:19 am »
It wouldn't affect Bonewall. Bonewall has charges, it's not stacking. Play two Bonewalls overwrite one another instead of adding together. But I suppose it could affect Bonewall. Maybe it would rip apart 3 Bonewalls a turn while it is in play?

Centrifuge would separate the first permanent slot if it can, and then scatter those permanents to the next available slot. One those are seperated it would move to the next slot and try to separate those. It would move along in that order. By first slot, I mean the first slot(and then the proceeding order) which permanents are placed on the field.

A device that collects like things and separates unlike things fits Gravity but does not fit this mechanic.

Perhaps it should be Centrifugal Force instead?

Wow, this is a very ingenious idea. Soft PC against the opponent, clogging up their permanent board, and also soft Earthquake protection for yourself.

However, the element does not seem to fit. Gravity is about pulling things together, not breaking them apart. This fits Entropy's theme much more; a Gravity card should instead make non-stackable permanents stack, for example.

It also seems a bit expensive. Perhaps a -1 cost decrease? Also, how does it interact with Bone Wall?

Brilliant idea.
At first the idea of breaking a stack associate in my mind with entropy 1 stack => n pieces  (increase of disorder = entropy), but here again entropy has PC. Then I saw the wind blow a pile of rotting leaves and I though it could be it. What if this permanent was a tornado or a strong fan of some sort? Air would appreciate some PC - what do you think?
I'm fine with changing Elements. Gravity was the first thing that came to mind.  Air would be pretty fun to place this in. But Entropy fits well too.

Aside from that, how would the field react once Centrifuge is removed?  Will all things stack accordingly?  What about pre-existing stacks when it comes into play?  What happens to the permanents that don't quite fit into the area after Centrifuge is played?
Permanents re-stack automatically, like they are drawn to each other. Unless leaving them all spread out would make it better? Re-stacking might underpower it a bit.

I like the Idea very much. In your Idea, kami, would the pillars be affected? How will you predict which permanent are destroyed? Does it affect the whole field or just your opponent?
Yes, pillars/towers/pendulums are affected. And it affects the whole field. Maybe it wouldn't affect you if you had Sancturary on the field? That doesn't make too much sense, but just thinking of anther mechanic.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452941#msg452941
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 11:00:56 am »
talking about this  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,31259.msg423508#msg423508  ?   ^-^

----

great concept.  why can't i think about this kind of ability when i think about my card...    ???

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Centrifuge | Centrifuge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg452996#msg452996
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »

Perhaps it should be Centrifugal Force instead?
No, such a force is factious and the force you meant does the opposite of this card.
A centrifuge uses centripetal force to collect like things and separate unlike things.
Stacks are collections of like things.

Edit:
Gravity is an inward pulling force (centripetal) that causes orbits to form. Like objects will end up at the same orbital radius.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Dual counter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36017.msg453016#msg453016
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »
What happens if it is destroyed? Would the permanents regroup or would they stay displaced and stacking another copy would place on the lowest #?

Also, what if the permentants are protected by an enchant artifact? Would they be split(w or w/o enchant) or stay unaffected?

This is the best indirect PC idea I have seen (cause all those negation/vine crowding is lazy to me).
Sanctuary shouldn't stop it, because it's only the elemental itself that's safe, everything including the sanct itself is vulnerable.

anything
blarg: