*Author

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50514#msg50514
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 12:47:56 am »
Eh, simplest wording I can think of
 :gravity Greater Devour. Eat any creature on your side of the field and this shield gets that much more hp (<20)
Can be used multiple times a turn.

Ive seen a lot mroe fit into a single card (dim shield, Scarab)
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

casthegamer

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50562#msg50562
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 01:48:18 am »
here is how that would be formatted.

:gravity :gravity :Greater Devour
Eat any creature on your side
of the field and this shield
gets that much more hp (<20)
Can be used multiple times a turn.

i think it's a maximum of 30 characters per line. the last line is 34 characters. the ability on creatures is always on a line by itself. i was suggesting earlier that the starting HP for the card could be represented by an 'x30' on the card once it's played, but after looking at bonewall/phaseshield/sundial they all mention what that number will be in the card description. this would add even more text to an already stuffed box.

Delreich

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50880#msg50880
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 08:54:05 pm »
Weapons don't list a name for their abilities, so I suppose shields wouldn't have to either. Even so, this would have way too much text on it for it all to fit.

Something like

Shield: Damage inflicted on you is reflected to <this shield> instead. [might fit on two lines]
:gravity :gravity : Sacrifice a creature (<20 hp). <this shield> gains the HP of that creature. Can be used multiple times a turn. [three lines at least]

For comparison, here's a few lines that only barely fits:
Turn the graboid into an elite
Swallow a smaller (less HP's)
more than 5 HP's is unable to

Seeing that, this shield would probably need eight or more lines...

shadow1128

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg51058#msg51058
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 06:30:02 am »
I dont think it is too powerful cuz:
1)digest need 2 :gravity How many  :gravity can u get per turn?!
2)if u digest the creature, it means u have lost some attack power...
3)it could be stolen or destory... if u can steal(unless u are rainbow deck), u are hard to use it cuz it need 2:gravity to digest one creature...
4)if u are darkness + gravity, how can the shield digest skeleton?!!

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg51494#msg51494
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 03:24:11 am »
I dont think it is too powerful cuz:
1)digest need 2 :gravity How many  :gravity can u get per turn?!
2)if u digest the creature, it means u have lost some attack power...
3)it could be stolen or destory... if u can steal(unless u are rainbow deck), u are hard to use it cuz it need 2:gravity to digest one creature...
4)if u are darkness + gravity, how can the shield digest skeleton?!!
1) You can get quite enough gravity if you have enough gravity towers/pillars, and if it's put in a duo-trio deck with  :gravity as a reliable quantum source. With enough creatures, you could swallow up everything on your side (especially if you had a creature that could mass produce other creatures... *coughFFQcough*)

2) True. This is a good balancing mechanic, unless the creatures absorbed have been low cost creatures (Pests) that have been affected by health boosts (Nightfall/Eclipse, Plate Armor). They you're not technically losing out on attack anyway.

3) Yes, it can be stolen or destroyed, but a problem is whether this acts SIMILAR to Bone Wall (i.e. if Steal/Explosion targeted the shield, would it be taken away completely, or just one charge?). If it does, they attempting to steal/destroy it is potentially harder than other shields.

4) I think it was  :gravity:death (Gravity and Death, not Darkness), which would be useless in creating multiple creatures of skeletons and other dead creatures on your side of the playing field to replenish your shield.

It may not be too powerful, but I want to know if other people have any other objections or ideas that could improve (or approve) of this concept. It's still interesting, nonetheless.  :)

anything
blarg: