*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg49200#msg49200
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24:32 am »
Hope you guys like this change
Slightly better, indeed.  ::)
You won't be able to take down an Elite Armagio or Massive Dragon with the change in hand, but the problem I think is the overlapping of Gravity Pull to misdirect damage towards a creature/object.

Now the problem isn't based on whether or not the shield can withstand tons of damage - it just becomes redundant in terms of preventing damage, as an Elite Armagio can do the same thing for less quanta and less  :gravity quanta for summoning/using its skill.

The only difference I see is, of course, the renewable amount of preventable damage (it consumes creatures within a turn continuously), so perhaps this could be of use in a Pharoh/Scarab deck (eating all the bugs up and having a Twin/Parallel Universe or Fractal to assist in creating multiple scarabs for consumption). However, since this is based on damage, I expect dragons and other high attack creatures to demolish this thing within a turn if it's not fully upgraded.

...and of course, the problem to code this.  :-X

EDIT:

Naw, I'm going to say this is a great card.  It's like bonewall, but the bones go away for each damage instead of each creature.  Drop this is a death deck and it's game over.

10 HP
Eats Armaggio
40 HP + 3 skeles
Eats skeles
46 HP

And by the way those condors you had are now doing six damage a piece.  With Gravity+Death as good as it is, this synergy should turn it into a crazy good duo.  Good idea!
...okay, I actually never though of it that way. Hm... maybe this shield would be the other counterpart to Bonewall then? (One for absorbing multiple hits, the other for damage in small amounts).

Arondight

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50063#msg50063
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 03:18:41 am »
Doesn't make much sense to make it a gravity card that can't devour a creature with more than 20HP, as Massive Dragon and Armagio have 30 HP.  :-X

Offline pepokish

• Reputation Power: 6
  • pepokish is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Honorary Team Life Member! <3
  • Awards: Real Life Elementalist
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50091#msg50091
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 04:22:07 am »
I quite like this idea!  The creature-HP limitation is a great addition.  Gravity has more than enough creatures under 20 HP to make the shield worthy of a mono deck, but it removes the possibility of Armagio abuse.

My only concern is the amount of HP the shields start out with.  50 HP is quite a bit, and paying only 6 quanta for instant +50 health (with potential to get even higher) is a bit powerful, I think.  Unupgraded Armagio is 5 quanta for only 25 HP, and upgraded only gains 5 HP for the same cost.

Perhaps lower the amount of HP to start with?  30 seems like a decent amount, perhaps 25 unupped?

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50098#msg50098
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:19 am »
Shards of Divinity + Flying Titans + This = ....

Offline pepokish

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50101#msg50101
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 04:41:29 am »
Shards of Divinity + Flying Titans + This = ....
Can not digest the creature with more than 20hp.
Not much.  (:

Dreadshadow

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50103#msg50103
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:07 am »
Seems a liitle overpowered to me.  :o
I mean, steal or destroy it is a MUST and if you cast at the same turn a Protect Arifact on that shield then your opponent is doomed. Very overpowered even if the casting cost is 10 Gravity.

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50105#msg50105
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 04:51:26 am »
Seems a liitle overpowered to me.  :o
I mean, steal or destroy it is a MUST and if you cast at the same turn a Protect Arifact on that shield then your opponent is doomed. Very overpowered even if the casting cost is 10 Gravity.

Yeah, it seems a bit OP. I think, for this reason, it would have a bit of trouble being implemented into the game, but the idea definitely is great! It's good to see people throwing out ideas like this that I've never even thought of.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50107#msg50107
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 04:58:57 am »
The real threat of this card... this + aflatoxin your own, + Condors...

Now that is a good combo... Condors of death!!! ,,, ive been making too many condor decks recently lol
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50137#msg50137
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:43 am »
The real threat of this card... this + aflatoxin your own, + Condors...

Now that is a good combo... Condors of death!!! ,,, ive been making too many condor decks recently lol
And since the shield's effect can be used multiple times per turn...

As long as you had one Malignant Cell affected by Quintessence or otherwise immortal, you can cause those Condors to go crazy and possibly have more damage than the creatures found from improved mutations. O_o

The cost of eating something is higher than an Otyugh though, so it isn't too abuseable, especially since Gravity + Death combos don't seem to work very well.

casthegamer

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50141#msg50141
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 07:45:00 am »
regardless of how UP or OP this card is, my biggest problem is its complexity. the 'start with X amount of Hp' part could be represented by an x + a number on the card like bonewall, but there is still a massive amount of text needed to describe what it does. i don't believe there is a card in the game that requires more than four lines of text to describe what it does. you'd be hard pressed to fit this on five.

x30
:gravity :gravity: digestion
Swallow a creature on your side
(Max 20HP's) and gain the HP of that
creature.This skill can be used multiple
times per turn. The damage inflicted
to you is redirected on the shield.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50204#msg50204
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 12:37:36 pm »
regardless of how UP or OP this card is, my biggest problem is its complexity. the 'start with X amount of Hp' part could be represented by an x + a number on the card like bonewall, but there is still a massive amount of text needed to describe what it does. i don't believe there is a card in the game that requires more than four lines of text to describe what it does. you'd be hard pressed to fit this on five.

x30
:gravity :gravity: digestion
Swallow a creature on your side
(Max 20HP's) and gain the HP of that
creature.This skill can be used multiple
times per turn. The damage inflicted
to you is redirected on the shield.
I dont get how it is so complex. I mean, its health is dependent on what it eats. Like an Oty
It can be used multiple times. Like a russler
The shield is dmaged instead of the player, and has a counter that goes up and down. Like a bone shield.

And the key to the condor deck would be to be sure you leave half your cells at the end of each turn that way you can keep getting 13 extra damage.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline pepokish

Re: Card Idea: Giant Shield / Gigantic Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4874.msg50213#msg50213
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 01:45:46 pm »
I dont get how it is so complex. I mean, its health is dependent on what it eats. Like an Oty
It can be used multiple times. Like a russler
The shield is dmaged instead of the player, and has a counter that goes up and down. Like a bone shield.

And the key to the condor deck would be to be sure you leave half your cells at the end of each turn that way you can keep getting 13 extra damage.
Actually, cas has a fair point.

The problem is not that the idea is complex, the problem is that the description of the card's abilities are too complex to fit into the rather small space provided on one card.  'Can be used multiple times per turn' already takes up nearly 1.5 lines (looking at the Rustler card), and there is a supposed limit of 4 lines. 

Yes, fundamentally, the card is just a mixture of the cards you listed.  However, you would have to esentially squish all of those descriptions into one card, which is pretty difficult to do.

Honestly, I'm hoping that the cards in the game will become bigger, one day.  Allowing more room for card descriptions will eliminate a lot of confusion and complaint, as well as hopefully showing off a bit more of the pretty artwork.  Even aside from that, I have a tiny notebook screen and not-so-decent eyesight, and reading the tiny card descriptions can be a pain.  :P

anything
blarg: