*Author

Offline The_MormegilTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg321983#msg321983
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »
NAME:
Blood Ogre
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
5 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
5|2
TEXT:
:fire :fire :fire: Charge
When discharged, deals damage to target creature or player equal to charges.
NAME:
Blood Ogre
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
5 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6|2
TEXT:
:fire :fire: Charge
When discharged, deals damage to target creature or player equal to charges.
ART:
http://todowow.com/media/fan-art/fanart-16092009/
It's a fanart, I doubt it has a copyright.
Here's the legal page from that site: http://www.ocio.net/aviso.html
IDEA:
The_Mormegil
NOTES:
Charge is a new mechanic that this serie introduces. While charging, the card is delayed and a counter appears in the upper right corner - just as in Phase Shield. The number is, however, increasing at the end of each turn, and it starts at 0.
A card with the active ability "Charge" starts not charging and, starting from its second turn in play, can start to charge. When it does, the ability becomes "Uncharge", and has the same cost.
If a card has the active ability "Uncharge", it means it enters play as charging, and can be uncharged from its second turn.
SERIES:
Charge Serie
This is meant as a mid-range attacker that can use repeatable CC in exchange of its attacks. It can potentially build up to kill your opponent, bypassing shields and healing, but I see it as rather difficult (unless you TU spam it when charged before discharging).
Its main use, though, is to build up the damage needed to kill creatures even while creatures aren't in play, and to kill quickly small critters.

Enhances Fire/Death stall, gives death repeatable CC and fast CC, is potentially lethal on its own, is a midrange attacker...
The only problem is that death scarcely needs another card. I was thinking about inverting the cost of card and ability, making it a fire card with a death ability cost, but it would lose a bit of flavor. What do you think?
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322018#msg322018
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:53:18 pm »
If the art is by a fan, then I don't think the owner is Wizards of the Coast... nevertheless it's a good idea to provide proof that you can use the image. (Especially since the page is in Spanish - that makes it even more difficult for the curators to check.)

I think that the card makes more thematical sense in Death than Fire, and should stay the way it is - if it was in Fire it might compete with Lava Golem and Fire Spirit. Looks pretty well balanced ATM.

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322024#msg322024
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »
Actually, the Wizards of the Coast is a typo. It belongs to another (previous) card I created today - Ravid. That's the problem of building your cards with pencil and paper... :))
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322026#msg322026
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:04:14 pm »
Actually, the Wizards of the Coast is a typo. It belongs to another (previous) card I created today - Ravid. That's the problem of building your cards with pencil and paper... :))
Lol.

Sorry if I sound annoying right now, but according to what I see the legal page is from the website that hosts the various blogs - the artist apparently has a blog under that domain.

As a result I can't find any proof of being able to use the image.

• Legendary Member
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322039#msg322039
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:15:44 pm »
Well, I didn't realize that. Mainly because I don't know what that page means.
I don't know if there is another page there for copyright management, but I don't think there is any. Also, the image being a fanart means that it probably hasn't got a copyright on.

Anyway, if the image spells troubles, I'll just remove it and be fine with a random MS paint crappy stick figure. :)

Manipul8r

Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322054#msg322054
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:26:10 pm »

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322099#msg322099
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:15:59 pm »

You're right about Fire needing another card. Perhaps the card can be a Fire card named Enraged Ogre. " :fire :fire: Charge"

I like the Charge mechanic.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

• Legendary Member
Re: Blood Ogre | Blood Ogre https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25257.msg322101#msg322101
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:45 pm »
Actually, making it a mono card would probably need reducing its attack a bit. Also, it would probably lose some of its charm. But I'm considering all options.

anything
blarg: