*Author

rohlfo

Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg258651#msg258651
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »
As a 'dipping toe into water' practice for the two paths concept, I've come up with 2 alternate upgrades for cards already in the game. I wanted the cost to be the same as the original upgraded version, and also the skills to be similar, so that it is obviously from the same unupgraded creature, as well as trying to make sure there would be no real bias towards one or the other upgraded version!

First one is an alternate upgrade for Forest Spirit:

The idea is that you've spent too much  :water on your Forest Spirit and turned it into an underwater plant/creature.
Still has the growth ability, but also defence against Fire, so good against Fireshield in particular.

Second is an alternate upgrade for Minor Vampire:

The idea came from reading somewhere that someone thought vampire should be bat-like in the game.
This card is weaker than actual Vampire, but has airborne skill.

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg263747#msg263747
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 12:14:35 am »
Similar to rohflo, I've made some alternate upgrades to existing cards ingame.

Rustler (Powered by the moon instead of the sun)

Pegasus or Crusader  (A knight mounting a pegasus)

Vampire Dagger(Leeches HP and makes it quanta)

rohlfo

Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg264195#msg264195
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 05:25:07 pm »
I like! Think they all work!
couple of things:
- wondering why moon dragon requires (and produces) more quanta than leaf dragon? It's not bad, just wondering.
- the Pegasus Knight ability - I guess it lasts until you swap back? Or just 1 turn? If only 1 turn it could be called "charge". I like that mechanic, could be used on all sorts of new creatures.... ;)

rohlfo

Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg266722#msg266722
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 02:03:45 am »
Just had another idea for Crusader - an alternate upgrade could target the Shield rather than weapon, not sure about what the gain would be, would work this out for each shield if it ever happens, but is another possible.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg266936#msg266936
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:26 am »
I wonder if artwork from a commercial anime series is copyrighted.

</sarcasm>
So long and thanks for all the fish!

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg267212#msg267212
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 09:32:38 pm »
I wonder if artwork from a commercial anime series is copyrighted.

</sarcasm>
I'm not always aware where anime art from photobucket comes from, thank you very much.

I'm guessing you're refering to Temporal Striker, and excuse my anime idiocy, but exactly what anime is that from?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg267270#msg267270
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »
I'm not always aware where anime art from photobucket comes from, thank you very much.
Please do not use art that you cannot prove is free use.

Photobucket is not a safe source
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg288497#msg288497
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 01:27:19 am »
I thought I was going to archive this series for a while, but thanks to Kamietsu, this series is back. I'm going to continue posting possible alternate upgrades and possibly some more card ideas that will use alternate upgrades.

Alternate Upgrades for:

Short Sword - A version that does more damage, but it's extremely heavy so it damages you as well.

Immortal - A rebel that no longer accepts the beliefs of Aether and has formed a seperate cult. They're cheaper, but at the cost of being immaterial all the time (which can also help them get buffed).

GoTP -  A version that reverses the concepts of the current GoTP (Deals with the future instead of the past, and damages creatures instead of the player.)

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg288505#msg288505
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 01:31:51 am »
Nightmare - Illusion
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

grindpower

Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg289567#msg289567
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 04:32:59 pm »
(http://imageplay.net/)

The idea is to strengthen Light/Darkness.

I like the Alternate Upgrades idea.

• Legendary Member
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg289612#msg289612
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 05:38:54 pm »
Phase Shield - Gives Aether a cheaper permanent shield that also protects you from spells (Including poison).

Nightmare - Becomes a creature spawning card instead that can also be used for cheap abilities to stack if you have enough quanta. (Special thanks to Nepycros for name)

Purple Dragon - Still a strong beatstick but now also has CC as well.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Alternate Story Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20252.msg289618#msg289618
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 05:44:11 pm »
Armagio - Bombarder

Gnome Rider - Gnome Taskmaster

Graviton Mercenary - Graviton Assassin
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

anything
blarg: