*Author

Offline NaesalaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148322#msg1148322
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »
NAME:
Retribution
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
2 :fire
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:light :light : Copy all negative effects on target creature onto an enemy creature.
NAME:
Retribution
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
4 :fire
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:light :light : Copy all negative effects on creatures you control onto enemy creatures.

ART:

IDEA:
Naesala
NOTES:
Negative effects include:
  • Delay
  • Freeze
  • Poison
  • Aflatoxin
  • Antimatter
  • Gravity Pull
  • Damage
And does not include Web or Lobotomize.
Can only be activated once per turn per card.
For unupgraded, enemy creature is chosen at random
For upgraded, each negative effect is applied to a creature at random.
SERIES:

NAME:
Forgiveness
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
6 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:darkness :darkness :darkness :  Destroy each creature with a negative effect, then heal their controllers.
NAME:
Pardon
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
5 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:darkness :darkness :darkness :  Destroy each creature with a negative effect, then heal their controllers.

ART:

IDEA:
Naesala
NOTES:
Negative effects are the same as above.
Healing is equivalent to casting cost of the creature
SERIES:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:31:51 pm by Naesala »
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline jarozaoz

• Reputation Power: 8
  • jarozaoz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148326#msg1148326
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:24:25 pm »
Hmm, how Retribution choses enemy creature, which will have negative effects copied by that card? Does it all random?
And, with how much Forgiveness will heal controllers of creatures killed by it?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:29:02 pm by jarozaoz »
You. And sand. Endless sand. Endless trillions tons of sand.
This endless power. which can kill you like insignificant bug.
This, is a power of :time...

• Legendary Member
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148328#msg1148328
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »
Clarified in notes things I initially intended to have in notes >.>
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline jarozaoz

• Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148330#msg1148330
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »
Thanks to make them in notes. :3
Nice cards, but no-art for me is insta-NO. :/
Anyhow, their mechanic is really innovative. Just imagine this + Voodoo + Fractal + RoF.
beautifull

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148340#msg1148340
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »

I personally think that's a bad approach as the idea here should be to judge the mechanics and balance, not how nice it looks.

I like the pseudo-Voodoo thing going on, but unsure about the application since double-targetting is not inside the bounds of the game. But that's a technical problem.

Offline jarozaoz

• Little, crazy guy.
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148346#msg1148346
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

I personally think that's a bad approach as the idea here should be to judge the mechanics and balance, not how nice it looks.

You know its just my opinion. Dont take that to your heart. ;)

I like the pseudo-Voodoo thing going on, but unsure about the application since double-targetting is not inside the bounds of the game. But that's a technical problem.

Nae signed in notes thats chosing the creatures damaged by Retribution skill is chosen randomly.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148350#msg1148350
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:16 pm »

You know its just my opinion. Dont take that to your heart. ;)

Well, that's still an issue if innovative ideas aren't recognized because of lack of art.
Which happened to be one of the faults of the polls being aesthetics based, but I digress.

Nae signed in notes thats chosing the creatures damaged by Retribution skill is chosen randomly.

Welp, don't know how I overlooked that. I guess I just saw the list of effects before moving down.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148356#msg1148356
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »
How nice it looks also helps when it comes to ideas like resonance. (Subtle hint is subtle.)
When it comes to flavour, art really matters. Especially in more... colourful compeitions. (*Cough*bhleg*Cough*)
As for the card, I like the water card a lot more.
The fire card just feels really situational, and the only combo it would be useful on (Voodoo, although guardian angel...) would take a long time to activate.

• Legendary Member
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148363#msg1148363
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
Keep in mind this also redirects damage. As such, Angel/Pots is an in element combo that works quite well with off-element combos (a trio) working too, though less effectively. It is primarily soft Anti-CC, as your opponent will see it and know that anything that doesn't one-shot a threat can be turned against their creatures, multiple times even.

I am not an artist, not even a bad artist. I don't even know if Macs come with any sort of art program. I also don't want to fumble around for an hour trying to find royalty free art that fits and for which I know who to credit. I have no intention of adding art to these cards unless a friend of mine feels like doing it, but I doubt he will. I really hope that does not affect my votes as art is the least important factor in card design (not to say good art isn't important for the -game- and for art related competitions, but for the core of a card the art does not matter)
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148368#msg1148368
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:07 pm »
Haven't actually commented on the Water card yet. Huh.

That's a mass insta-kill with Dry Spell. And only for your opponent with Dessication. Yes, it's also a heal for the opponent, but if you have board advantage, that means very little compared to the difference in damage, which would really be too strong if this were added to a Water stall.

• Legendary Member
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1148375#msg1148375
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:58 pm »
Forgot dessication only hits the opponent. I might have to rethink it some, I knew it'd be powerful already with water stalls.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Torriku

• Torriku is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My computers as slow as my avatar...
Re: Summer and Winter - Naesala https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55190.msg1150030#msg1150030
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:40:10 pm »
came to check these out again. Wouldn't some Voodoo Dolls + Retibution be a way of making a cheaper, Holy Flash Doll deck? Cheaper as in card costs.
All you need is a cool breeze to take your breath away. A summers night, void of light, to explore until day. :air :darkness

Want more Poems, I have a thread: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/literary-arts/torriku's-poems/?waldo

blarg: