*Author

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369108#msg369108
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 03:11:34 am »
I don't like repeating myself, but please DO NOT POST MORE THAN ONE SHARD IDEA. Thank you. ^^;

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369168#msg369168
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 08:07:16 am »
Name: Shard of Cunning
Type: Creature
Stats: 0|10 (0|15 upgraded)
Text: 3: Switch places with the target creature. Drains :darkness :darkness per turn to cloak itself.

If you have no :darkness, the card loses its cloak.

Yes. Whenever there is a shard contest, I just have to make a creature shard. Screw your norms.

In case you don't get it... This shard allows you to steal your opponent's creatures. But then he or she can steal it back.

I made this at 1 AM in the morning, so it might be a bit OP... If it is, I'll fix it later.

Version 2: Lowered HP from 15/30 to 10/15. Increased cloaking upkeep from :darkness to :darkness :darkness.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369172#msg369172
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 08:18:41 am »
i alway bad in english.  if anyone can help me prove card text please pm to me. (since i'm don't sure anyone shoud talk in this topic?

this card 'comsume' mean it will destroy all your(and your opponent) quanta but don't destroy this card if you don't have quanta for this card (like drown)

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369185#msg369185
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 09:41:51 am »
Basically, if one of these is in play, every time a creature dies it will deal damage to its opponent equal to its ATK. One of the shards in the stack will be destroyed, unless the upped version is being used and the creature killed is :fire. If both upped and unupped are used in the same deck, the unupped will have priority (i.e., one of them will be destroyed even if the creature is :fire).
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369387#msg369387
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 06:56:03 pm »
Today will be surprisingly mundane.
Check to see if something isn't holding you down.

A mass creature protection/shield enchancer. It also helps your opponent, so use with caution.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369404#msg369404
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:16 pm »
UPDATED

Haltar Dhrim

Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369430#msg369430
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »
Due to Essence's post about posting shards that advantage their elements (and the next about posting unupped too), i'm re-posting my shard:

The creature finds the courage to put its strength to the limit, but the price might be too high for it...
Every time you end a turn, there is a (10+X)% probability that the creature dies, AFTER he attacks (its final attack! :) )
X starts from 0 and is increased by 5 every turn.
For the upped version,  :fire creatures start from 0%!

sprinter101

Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369586#msg369586
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 02:19:25 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I did this right... But if I didn't then here:

Shard of ConfidenceUse 4 random Quanta to play:  If the opponent has more creatures than you do, your creatures gain N|0, N is the number of the opponents creatures divided by (4 Unupgraded) (3 Upgraded).  Note: Effect does not stack.

Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369589#msg369589
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 02:23:03 am »

Mindgates in Mono  :aether 
Yeah, I'm cool like that.

Gonna want to talk with OldTrees or someone about balance, to figure out some sort of proportion.
Thinking the ratios atm should be

3 quanta  -> 1   (One shard)
2 quanta  -> 1   (Two shards)
1 quanta  -> 1   (Three shards)
2 quanta  -> 3   (Four shards)
1 quanta   ->2   (Five shards)
2 quanta  ->5    (Six Shards)

Yeah, now that I'm considering Mindgate, there should probably be some sort of steady proportion.

Quanta is distributed 1/3 aether, 2/3 random.

Offline BloodlinE

• Reputation Power: 7
  • BloodlinE is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Singularities are cool. Don't bother complaining
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369621#msg369621
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:27 am »
NOTES: Does not work on immaterial permanents/creatures.
Dealt damage counts fireshield damage(23 max) ,poison,weapon damage, spell damage and creature damage.
explosion and immolation counts 5 DEALT damage.
rain of fire counts 3 per monster (25 max)
so 23*3 is counted as 25 dealt damage.

this card fits well for both mono fire and rainbow decks.
also boltdecks. fireshield stall and others.

Entry Void.
"The Brighter the flame the deeper the shadow"

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg369738#msg369738
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:09 am »
Changed: reworded
Shard of Moderation: Limits the quanta production of the foe to 30/N per turn. N is the number of Shards of Moderation in play on your side +1 if your mark is gravity.

Mark of gravity:
SoM123456
Limit15108654
Mark other than gravity:
SoM123456
Limit301510865
Example 1: You have 2 SoM on your side and a mark of gravity. The opponent can produce maximum 10 quanta per turn. He has 3 quantum towers in play. He plays one more (3 quanta). At the end of his turn, his towers will only generate 7 random quanta (instead of 3x3=9) and no qantum will be produced by his mark.

Example 2: You have 2 SoM on your side and a mark of air. The opponent can produce maximum 15 quanta per turn. He has 2 fire towers in play. He plays a nova (12 quanta). At the end of his turn, his towers will generate 2 quanta and his mark 1 without alteration as he just reached the maximum allowed by your shards.

Example 3: You have 2 SoM on your side and a mark of air. The opponent can produce maximum 15 quanta per turn. He has 2 fire towers in play. He plays a supernova. From the 12x2=24 quanta expected only 15 picked randomely will be produced. At the end of his turn, his towers and mark won't produce any more quanta.

Example 4: You have 2 SoM on your side and a mark of air. The opponent can produce maximum 15 quanta per turn. He has 2 fire towers in play. He plays a supernova. From the 12x2=24 quanta expected only 15 picked randomely will be produced. Luckily, he can now play a deflagration on one of your shards which brings his maximum back to 30. The lost quanta from the supernova are still lost (too late man) but at the end of his turn, his towers will generate 2 quanta and his mark 1 without alteration as he didn't reach the maximum allowed by your shard.

The Shard of Moderation is obviously more efficient against rainbows than against other kind of deck. It is particularly efficient to counter spells which generates quanta (Nova or immolation). Please vote for the shard of moderation. Do not play with moderation ...

Original:

This is the shard I've seen so far that IMO has the best thematic relation to the gravity element -- I see Gravity as akin to order, or the grey center between the extremes. Moderation fits with that better than it would with any other element.
As for the mechanic itself, I love it. It's another denial card, a clever one at that, and it rewards people who use those in bulk. Though you didn't include those in your examples, I assume it blocks quanta produced from creatures as well as pillars. If that's the case, card order might be involved in an interesting way. Fire Queen, for example, would only be able to generate fire quanta against 6 SoM's, since her Fireflies go before pillars and take up the four spots allowed. You might be able to lock her down in terms of :air and :life if you play the combo early enough. Come to think of it, would it stop Devourers as well? Because the darkness quanta they generate technically come from yours, so if that's the case the SoM could be a mini-Sanctuary of sorts.
I didn't mention it but yes it also would count the quanta generated by the creatures. I think devourer should absorb 1 quantum each (this is not hindered by the shard) but produce quanta only up to the limit given. Thanks for the nice comment.

This is a unique idea and it fits Gravity. It can be a great card against rainbows and, unlike black hole, it is decent against monos and duos. The upgraded version is great because it seems like more quanta is generated in upgraded play. Supernova generates twice as much quanta as Nova, Cremation generates two more quanta than Immolation, and Towers generate one more quanta than pillars. I could imagine a Discord Black Hole deck becoming a lot stronger with a few of these. The Shard of Moderation could also work well in a deck with Precognitions and Reverse Times. The Precognitions would ensure that this card is drawn quickly, and Reverse Times are great denial cards in Time. Unlike the upgraded version, the unupgraded version doesn't seem worth using. It will take two Shards of Moderation in order for the denial effect to be useful, but even if there are six in a deck, it will be too late by the time two are played. The enemy will have a lot of quanta and still generate ten every turn. I think the unupgraded version should have its cost lowered.
You say that the upgraded version is much better because Supernova produce more quanta than nova? In fact, outside PvP1, you can use the unupgraded version against SN. The effects depends on what your opponent plays not what you play. The only difference is that the unupgraded version cost 1500 less electrum and 2 quanta more. Thanks for the nice comment.

Chat log of 1rst august:
[09:35:20] ~Napalm: Some of these Fire Shard submissions are just too powerful :S
[09:35:36] ~Napalm: All because of Cremation... because Cremation is OP...
[09:36:44] SnoWeb: ‹@~Napalm› may I quote you? ([09:35:36] ~Napalm: All because of Cremation... because Cremation is OP...)
[09:41:32] ~Napalm: lol Snow
[09:41:35] ~Napalm: Go for it.

Ace of Souls

Re: Shard Revolution Submissions Thread https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28846.msg370053#msg370053
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2011, 01:29:51 am »
This card is a type of other.  It is more helpful to gravity because gravity has some of the highest HPs of creatures in the game.  Is also less effective when used against a gravity-based opponent, as they will be healed by more to destroy one of their creatures.  I liked it better than the other ideas floating around in my head because it is simple, doesn't seem forced to fit the element, and has a use offensively as well as defensively in any deck.

I wish a better name fit, but none of the other virtues seemed as fitting.  I think it fits the theme of gravity because what I imagined was a planet absorbing the mass of another smaller planet (elemental absorbing a creature).  Oh well, it's as good as I could do with the virtue table provided.  :p

CHANGED:  fixed to be a spell.  oops.  ;)

blarg: