*Author

Arondight

Re: Arondight | Arondight https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9836.msg126020#msg126020
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:01:05 am »
I guess it is somewhat confusing. But, I made the abilities free of cost, whether it's Light or Darkness. If you have a Darkness mark, I intended for the card to light up like any other card with an ability that could be used. When you have a Light mark, the card won't light up at all, as to signify a fine distinction between the two.

^ The weapon damage happens regardless of mark, like any other weapon.
Realations to Marks don't exist with Images and the images you have used are confusing. I showed your idea to two friends who play elements casualy and they both asked how a card could have 2 active abilites. I'm going to have to say no to the crucible ready status on the grounds that the presentation of this card is unnecessarily confusing in nature. I suggest creating the card with the abilites as words and then if it makes it to the game Zanz might create an icon to relate to "element of" or "mark of element" to save space. Another option could be to relate the Basic card to the Light pure Lancelot effect and the upped card to the Darkness Adulterer Lancelot effect.
So, your requirements to be crucible ready have changed due to showing the "idea" (which may or may not only be the image) to two friends who are casual players? Relations to marks don't exist in cards right now because this is all just an idea, one should be able to understand what this card is getting at simply by reading the first post. I am not sure what's so confusing about reading the whole post, but if it won't make it to the crucible because of that, I'll just leave it be. :)

@discussion about Discord

I used the Discord as my avatar ever since I could, as it is my favorite card. :) So, I thought a smudged up and slightly dodged version would match the forum name competition.

Kael Hate

Re: Arondight | Arondight https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9836.msg126305#msg126305
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:45 am »
So, your requirements to be crucible ready have changed due to showing the "idea" (which may or may not only be the image) to two friends who are casual players? Relations to marks don't exist in cards right now because this is all just an idea, one should be able to understand what this card is getting at simply by reading the first post. I am not sure what's so confusing about reading the whole post, but if it won't make it to the crucible because of that, I'll just leave it be. :)
Requirements for the crucible are that the card image matches the style in which the cards in the game look.
You had chosen something new that doesn't exist. When I first looked at your image Image I thought you had 2 active abilites.
I consulted with 2 outsiders to check if my opinion was biased but they confirmed my suspicion that the idea was inherently confusing.

I've given you 2 suggestions, one that leaves the cards mechanics unmodified and just leaves the presentation on the card to be changed.
If you don't want to go for the crucible then thats fine.

anything
blarg: