*Author

Offline waterzxTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466131#msg466131
« on: March 01, 2012, 02:41:19 am »
Recently, when I was looking for a image for my weapon card, I found a sword on Wikimedia commons. It's a simple sword but then I find it interesting to build an art using that sword.

Feel free to take any of the pictures below.

The reference sword. Found on Wikimedia commons

My sword for a card called Progress. The running water behind gives some momentum to this picture

An old card art for my another card Stay

The new card art for Stay. The ice behind represents Stay. The fading colour at the periphery also represents the Past

Of course this is an art for Aether Sword

After some adjustment, a cool Thunder Sword !

My latest work. Just added a background to the reference sword and it looks good.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466136#msg466136
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:56:34 am »
So you change the hue/colour with an adjustment layer and then slap on a background! Cool!

In seriousness, you should step it up a bit. It doesn't take much, but that extra touch makes things look a lot nicer.

• waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466138#msg466138
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:00:26 am »
So you change the hue/colour with an adjustment layer and then slap on a background! Cool!

In seriousness, you should step it up a bit. It doesn't take much, but that extra touch makes things look a lot nicer.
Not just changing the colour and adding a background. I have done a lot of fine adjustment

The background of Progress before adjustment is like this (and this is not the one I found on Internet, I just can't find the real original one)

Thanks for the comment anyway

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466139#msg466139
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:05:25 am »
Cool! The only comment I really have is that the Lightning one seems a bit too bright all around to me.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466140#msg466140
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:10 am »
mmm.... I think I know my Photoshop. You put a few adjustment layers on. I can't tell which ones, but I should. What I think you should do is to put something into the foreground. That slight composition change makes things look far from simple, though the foreground should be very small.

Perhaps it's shrouded by cloud, perhaps thunder is emnating, perhaps it's glowing

• New to Elements
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466144#msg466144
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:23:07 am »
mmm.... I think I know my Photoshop. You put a few adjustment layers on. I can't tell which ones, but I should. What I think you should do is to put something into the foreground. That slight composition change makes things look far from simple, though the foreground should be very small.

Perhaps it's shrouded by cloud, perhaps thunder is emnating, perhaps it's glowing
My only problem with foreground is that I don't have photoshop :(

I'm using online free editing tool

• New to Elements
Re: Well...just wanna showcase some of my swords https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37153.msg466590#msg466590
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 02:17:40 am »
Just made another card art. Since the card idea itself hits a wall, this art is now free for all

Similar to the other swords, I overlapped two pictures but I have also added some adjustments such as the distortion of the trident in water

Another Sword, one of my favourite

blarg: