*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg464493#msg464493
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2012, 01:05:11 am »
Hmmm. Could you draw a female Angel with wings of water and similar armor style as DG?

I'm thinking the angel in question has a more dynamic pose like this:

Offline ShrinkTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg464621#msg464621
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »
I wrote in pink inside the quotes too :D

Now, another request : triple set of request, really.

Request 1 : A serpent, coiling around a quantum pillar, with wings, skeletal hands animating something, and a rainy background (a watery glowing in the serpent's eyes too). Basicly, should have :  :darkness (serpent),  :air (wings),  :death (hands),  :water (eyes & background) linked, but not superposing on each other.

Request 2 : A guardian. Theme of  :gravity:earth:light:aether in it, with the same linked, but not superposing on each other. Think an immortal guardian that does only the necessary movement to protect what he has to protect.

Request 3 : Absolutely no idea on this one's form. Avatar of destruction through immense activity. Themes of  :entropy :fire :life :time , same restriction on linking as before.

These all sound awesome. I hope I can have a more detailed adventure with all of them.
Hmmm. Could you draw a female Angel with wings of water and similar armor style as DG?

I'm thinking the angel in question has a more dynamic pose like this:

I could definitely do this, especially because you gave this outline. I'm already putting the pieces together inside my head. Very exciting :D

I'll try to work on both of these as soon as possible.

Also, I'll try to make these steps a little more manageable for the both of us.
After each step we can discuss how you think the art is going through either PMs, chat, or over this thread.

It will probable go something like this:
1) Outlining. (Light sketches, stance, etc.)
2) Further outlining. (A more detailed approach to art)
3) Color testing.
4) The coloring.
5) Shading and further detailing.
6) Background and miscellaneous items around creature, spell, or permanent.
7) Final Thoughts

Doctor Death

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg464664#msg464664
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »
More detail? Okaaayyyy.

Basicly, the three of them are the three different forms of one and only creature.
The serpent, first form.
Death => Void.
Air => Freedom. Highly linked with death, because death is freedom from emotions.
Water => Patience. Hide till you are disturbed, and if you are, just flow him away.
Darkness => Using others. Both for themselves and for himself.

Aims : knowledge. Peace, not of the world, but of self. Calm, lack of restraints, ability to do whatever he wants. Understanding others, for freedom of their whims. Ultimately, once freedom has been reached, fun becomes the objective.

The guardian, second form .
Earth => Outer balance. Protect against anything physical.
Gravity => Inner balance. Protect against self.
Light => Stability. No change in behavior or altering of its constitution by outside influences.
Aether => Complete knowledge. How to react to any situation in the most efficient, least ''changing'' way.

Aim : permanence. Stability. Think if everything was at 0°K, He'd be happy.

Last form. Maybe a vortex? Destruction.
Entropy => Constant change. Adaptability through try & fail.
Fire => Destruction. Constant, unstoppable want to destroy everything, having fun doing so.
Life => Activity. Think of adrenaline rushes, boosting oneself through training, abscence of sleep.
Time => Speed. Do everything quickly to be able to do more and more.

Aim : anihilation of everything.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

• Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg464681#msg464681
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2012, 05:20:05 pm »
More detail? Okaaayyyy.

Basicly, the three of them are the three different forms of one and only creature.
The serpent, first form.
Death => Void.
Air => Freedom. Highly linked with death, because death is freedom from emotions.
Water => Patience. Hide till you are disturbed, and if you are, just flow him away.
Darkness => Using others. Both for themselves and for himself.

Aims : knowledge. Peace, not of the world, but of self. Calm, lack of restraints, ability to do whatever he wants. Understanding others, for freedom of their whims. Ultimately, once freedom has been reached, fun becomes the objective.

The guardian, second form .
Earth => Outer balance. Protect against anything physical.
Gravity => Inner balance. Protect against self.
Light => Stability. No change in behavior or altering of its constitution by outside influences.
Aether => Complete knowledge. How to react to any situation in the most efficient, least ''changing'' way.

Aim : permanence. Stability. Think if everything was at 0°K, He'd be happy.

Last form. Maybe a vortex? Destruction.
Entropy => Constant change. Adaptability through try & fail.
Fire => Destruction. Constant, unstoppable want to destroy everything, having fun doing so.
Life => Activity. Think of adrenaline rushes, boosting oneself through training, abscence of sleep.
Time => Speed. Do everything quickly to be able to do more and more.

Aim : anihilation of everything.
Whoa,very cool! :D

Would it be okay if I did one of them, then went to ZBlader's request, then back to the other two? Or, do you need them all at one time?

Also, the when I said detailed adventure, I just meant I hope I can do a more realistic piece of art for you ^^
Doctor Death

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg464685#msg464685
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2012, 05:27:08 pm »
Sure, Np ^^ In that case, the serpent first'd be great. =)
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.

Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg465358#msg465358
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 03:00:52 am »
As requested by Zblader, I give you... Air DG :D

Spoiler for Hidden:

Onward to Jenkar's!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:47:00 pm by Shrink »
Doctor Death

Offline Cel

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Cel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Used to be called Izaya :P
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg465721#msg465721
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2012, 01:43:37 am »
Just posting here to keep track of your amazing art. Keep up the good work.  ;)

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg466342#msg466342
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »
Could you make me a Giant Bubble please?
That bubble in the cup of a Giant catapult about to be launched :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg466343#msg466343
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »
Could you make me a Giant Bubble please?
That bubble in the cup of a Giant catapult about to be launched :)
Oh that sounds very cool actually :D PM me with more details like the colors and elements you want it to represent.
Doctor Death

Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg467247#msg467247
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »
Completed Jenkar's first request!

On we go!
Doctor Death

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg471510#msg471510
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »
Moar requests (i should pay you)
-Girl ''monster''. Hood, one arm hidden by a pane of cloth, the other showing still tentacles.
-A wyrm, buffed to 499|499 by Chaos Powers, diving with storms.

Re: Shrink's Free Card Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34112.msg481484#msg481484
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:02 pm »
I can't thank vrt enough for all of his help. I think this is one of the best pieces I've done. I know it's not perfect, but... fishy

EDIT: Fair game for card art!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:49:07 am by Shrink »
Doctor Death

anything
blarg: vrt